CBD (from cannabis) oil and deep sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bonum.noctem

Re: CBD (from cannabis) oil and deep sleep

Post by bonum.noctem » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 am

I wish I could get my hands on CBD THC oil, because pure CBD doesn't do anything for me. :(
In pursuit of a goodnight sleep | Receive a discount at Wellue Health

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:12 am

Patti_B wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 pm
I was wondering how many mg she takes for pain management at night? I have fibromyalgia and have many arousals at night because of pain. I was thinking of trying it.
It was legal in Nevada where I moved from. From one of the dispensaries, I tried the topical creams cbd only (did nothing) the balanced tinicture (equal parts cbd and thc) and the higher dose tinicture. None of the above did much of anything for inflammation and only the last one knocked me out enough to sleep. It wasn't the magical cure I was hoping for and not worth the $$ imo.

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:17 pm

steven79421 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:32 pm
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone with deep sleep issues specifically has had good results using CBD (from cannabis) oil? I have read mixed literature, if I was to try it I would like a peppermint or lavender infused one. Anyone?
I bought a bottle of hemp oil capsules on Amazon recently, because there is some evidence the CBDs in it might help with heart issues.

First night I tried them, AHI jumped from 2 to 8, next night, 15, and 3rd, over 20. STOPPED using them, and AHI dropped back to 2 after 3 days.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:18 pm

bonum.noctem wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 am
I wish I could get my hands on CBD THC oil, because pure CBD doesn't do anything for me. :(
The THC is nothing but an hallucinogen, no medical value known (to NON stoners).

There are major differences between the available CBD products.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

PatCPT

Post by PatCPT » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:32 am

Try look for a tincture that combines THC, CBD and CBN. Its what is known as the "entourage effect" in cannabis circles. The compounds wok in synergy with one another, so you wont feel any high from the THC that more than often keeps the brain awake instead of allowing it to drift off to sleep.

bonum.noctem

Post by bonum.noctem » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:25 am

PatCPT wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:32 am
Try look for a tincture that combines THC, CBD and CBN. Its what is known as the "entourage effect" in cannabis circles. The compounds wok in synergy with one another, so you wont feel any high from the THC that more than often keeps the brain awake instead of allowing it to drift off to sleep.
First time I've heard of CBN. I don't mind the "side effects" of THC, and as said CBD alone doesn't do anything for me. Easy over there, but still no chance to get anything THC here in Central Europe legally. :(

peelunkins

Post by peelunkins » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:18 pm

SDBud wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:18 pm
bonum.noctem wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 am
'The THC is nothing but an hallucinogen, no medical value known (to NON stoners).'
It is being studied now and the results look promising
https://academic.oup.com/sleep/article/ ... 84/4600041
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/889630

There are major differences between the available CBD products.

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:50 am

I am bumping this old thread back up because I wanted to report on a sublingual THC/CBD product (delivery method is a spray).

It's legally available in Ontario and we bought it from one of the licenced stores now open for business in Ottawa.

The product is called Tweed Argyle Spray and it is made from the Indica strain.

Total THC is 25mg/mL and CBD is 30mg/mL. Apparently this ratio is very helpful in creating a relaxed and calm state that promotes sleep onset and sleep maintenance.

My sister-in-law suffers from terrible insomnia and decided to use this out of sheer desperation. It has made a huge difference to her sleep. She has gone from maybe 4 hours a night of fragmented sleep to 7 to 8 hours a night, with very few recalled wake ups. No morning grogginess.

I decided to try it as well just to see if it would make any difference to my sleep as I do still have wake ups at night and these reflect in my AHI as SWJ.

I have had excellent results, very few wake-ups (maybe I can recall 2 per night if that) and also my AHI is much lower, because there are no SWJ centrals, which were the main component of my AHI. My AHI has gone from around 2 to 0.5 or less. I feel fine in the mornings and it doesn't impact day time energy levels for me.

The spray is very easy to use, no stink of cannabis and not harsh on the lungs like smoking a joint, and I am at the point in my life where I don't want to smoke anything anyway. The oil has a rather nice almost minty flavour. Two sprays is what I use, my sister in law finds it takes 4 to 5 sprays to work for her and it takes about 2 to 3 hours to start causing drowsiness.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 am

Thanks so much for the review Arlene1963.

I've still never tried any of these cbd products. Its frustrating that Florida is still banning it's citizens from being able to make choices for themselves.
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

CreepySalsa

Post by CreepySalsa » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:23 pm

CBD oil helped me relax and "turn my mind off" to fall asleep easier. The isolate was stronger, IMO.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:39 pm

CreepySalsa wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:23 pm
CBD oil helped me relax and "turn my mind off" to fall asleep easier. The isolate was stronger, IMO.
what dosage?

what strength?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

mper!?

Post by mper!? » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:27 am

I have had excellent results, very few wake-ups (maybe I can recall 2 per night if that) and also my AHI is much lower, because there are no SWJ centrals......

Great!
---maybe similar results overhere. I started CBD oil 10.7 mg/ml, THC: 0.55 mg/ml twice a day (total currently, daily: 10 mg CBD; 1.0 mg THC), on August 13th, this year. Doing well thus far. Lesser arousals, awakenings, and wake ups; lesser back-to-sleep transition false Centrals; more stable sleep; more quiet, it appears.
I am a UARS and RLS sufferer.
By the way: no other medication besides CBD, except for 1.000 Mg daily.

goodo luck
Not a Doctor.
"The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight (Carly Fiorina)".

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:54 pm

Sakanid wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 pm
CBD oil is actually a really great thing. I have been using it for years already. Honestly, I do not even remember the first time when I actually tried it. I guess it was back in high school, after I met marijuana for the first time. So I can tell you that CBD is probably the thing that keeps me relaxed and stress free.
please note that sakanid has had two posts. and they are replies to old threads.

could there be a reason for this?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:30 pm

While trying to save my "don't give a squat" pills for when I really need them,
I have kind of learned how to not give one without chemicals, at least in milder circumstances.
My family thinks I am becoming less than involved--but who gives a rat's fanny, anyway.

bonum.noctem

Post by bonum.noctem » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:02 am

Although I have previously said in this thread, that it doesn't do anything for me and that I didn't want to give it another try, I'm going to give it another try with a different brand of 15% - 10ml (1.500mg) after all.

My conditions have changed since then and the smaller bottle isn't that expensive (compared to the previous 30ml bottle that my wife bought for me back in the days), so why not.

There are two scenarios, either against anxiety/stress during the day (like 3 drops 3 times a day) or before going to bed for a better sleep (like up to 7 drops at once).

Does anybody have an option on that? I mean, will something like 3 drops 3 times a day also result in a better sleep during the night, or does it require application before going to bed?