Looking for Someone to test smartcard

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Miss Sandman

Looking for Someone to test smartcard

Post by Miss Sandman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:24 pm

Looking for someone willing to test smartcard in Encore Pro. (preview, erase, setup) without error code. Use and see if they read ok.

Unable to get reader to read any of the 5 brand new cards I got from 2factors. Trying to determine if they are defective.
Please send personal message. I will give you a spare if you will help me out, and they work for you. Will swap by mail.

Thanks.

"To sleep, perhaps to dream......"

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:07 am

Miss Sandman, I'll give it a try if you wish. Will send you a PM with my mailing address. If someone else has already contacted you, no problem.

damac100

Post by damac100 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:44 am

Is the problem that your card reader doesnt seem to read the cards at all? I had terrible problems getting my card reader to work until I got the driver install package someone posted about here.

I thought either my cards or my reader were broken but it turns out they was fine

Miss Sandman

Not sure

Post by Miss Sandman » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:24 am

Computers computers computers

Well I loaded and reloaded as postings gave info. I followed the suggestions of everyone. Sleepyman....2 factors...you name it.

My son is in Computer technology, now studying security and all the scary high falutin stuff I can't even pronounce. We even reformatted and rebooted Xp clean, trying to get it to work. He says...defective cards (5!) or reader.

I am trying the old method I learned a long time ago. Stare and compare.
Thanks to all. I will see what happens when someone with a working system tries my cards: and post any results. Thanks all

"To sleep, perhaps to dream......"

tomjax

smart card

Post by tomjax » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:51 am

One thought is for someone/ the site to offer to read the cards for all those out there who cannot install the software of only need some info on an occasional basis.

There must be about a billion of these.

They could mail the sc in to this person/site and have it read out and a pdf or text result sent back to the person to take to their doc.

The forbidden practice of medicine could be avoided by not offering advice or pressure change suggestions.

The data obtained could be a great way of letting the docs know just what is available out there.

How about it, gang?

and who does the 911 office call when they have an emergency??

wading thru the muck!

Re: Looking for Someone to test smartcard

Post by wading thru the muck! » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:14 pm

Miss Sandman wrote:Looking for someone willing to test smartcard in Encore Pro. (preview, erase, setup) without error code. Use and see if they read ok.

Unable to get reader to read any of the 5 brand new cards I got from 2factors.
I have not followed all the threads regarding the card reader from 2factors (since I already had my card reader from cpap.com) so I may have missed this, but has anyone gotten the generic (non-Repironics cards that Miss Sandman seems to have) to work?

Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:01 pm

Tomjax wrote:......One thought is for someone/ the site to offer to read the cards for all those out there who cannot install the software of only need some info on an occasional basis.

There must be about a billion of these.

They could mail the sc in to this person/site and have it read out and a pdf or text result sent back to the person to take to their doc.

That's exactly what my online DME does with my card, at no charge. I sent it to him, he sends me back the 16 page Encore Pro full details report and my card. He even emails me when 6 months is up. But now, I have my own reader plus Derek MyEncore, so I don't need to do that any more.

My online DME is great.