OSCAR thread split as it went OT

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Miss Emerita

Re: OSCAR v1.1.1 is Released

Post by Miss Emerita » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:45 am

I was slow to put the pieces together. The person who is inquiring is the board chair for the American Sleep Apnea Association. Here is information from the ASAA web site:

Adam Amdur
Chief Patient Officer and Board Chair

Adam is an “innovative patient advocate”. He was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in 2008, more than thirty years after he first showed symptoms. As he struggled to learn how to manage his treatment, he was able to successfully identify and get treatment for his then two-year-old daughter and wife as well as many others. He joined the ASAA in 2012, leading the association’s evolution from a twenty-five-year-old physician-run organization into an entrepreneurial, patient-driven, public-health advocacy association.

Mr. Amdur, I really do think it would be helpful if you were to explain what challenges you believe Oscar faces from the FDA and NIH and what information you need in order to respond to them.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

asleep@thewheel

Post by asleep@thewheel » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:04 am

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-amdur-7b794310

There are no challenges from the FDA, they are starting to wake up to all the black box algorithms in the Wild West device world. They can force the manufactures to standardise the data so we are comparing apples to apples once and for all among the xyz companies. OSCAR is based on a fatal flaw and that's a problem for any patient relying on the data from these machines for starters. I also have a Real issue mr super sleeper who hides behind an avatar and makes defamatory accusations on a for profit website that collects money based on this Vapor software with no accountability to the patients who might benefit or be at risk from the various conflict of interests that runs in this space along with the people who own this website.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:52 am

"oscar is based on a fatal flaw..."

oh dear. what will become of us?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

khauser

Post by khauser » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:55 am

Wording can be so important. I believe (and hope) you meant to say that OSCAR's necessity is due to a fatal flaw. Otherwise, we're going to have to disagree ... a lot.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:02 pm

asleep@thewheel wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:04 am
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-amdur-7b794310

There are no challenges from the FDA, they are starting to wake up to all the black box algorithms in the Wild West device world. They can force the manufactures to standardise the data so we are comparing apples to apples once and for all among the xyz companies.

Standardize the data, or standardize the algorothms? And what do you want the FDA to understand about Oscar?

OSCAR is based on a fatal flaw and that's a problem for any patient relying on the data from these machines for starters.

What is the fatal flaw? Is the fatal flaw a problem for anyone relying on the machines' data, or just for people using the data reporting and visualization that Oscar provides?

I also have a Real issue mr super sleeper who hides behind an avatar and makes defamatory accusations on a for profit website that collects money based on this Vapor software with no accountability to the patients who might benefit or be at risk from the various conflict of interests that runs in this space along with the people who own this website.
Which for-profit website are you referring to? What Vapor software are you referring to? What are you referring to there at the end ("this space" ... "this website")?

I'm asking all these questions because I quite genuinely don't understand what you're meaning to say, and the topic of Oscar is important to me. I hope you can clarify.

khauser

Post by khauser » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:00 pm

asleep@thewheel wrote:
I also have a Real issue mr super sleeper who hides behind an avatar and makes defamatory accusations on a for profit website that collects money based on this Vapor software with no accountability to the patients who might benefit or be at risk from the various conflict of interests that runs in this space along with the people who own this website.
I missed that part of your post. Questions:
  • What Vapor software? OSCAR is not vapor software, so please explain
  • I too would like to know what web site. Are you suggesting THIS web site because it is sponsored? Is your beef with CPAP.COM? Could you perhaps just be direct?
It sounds like you are saying there's a person out there profiting on patients that should have sleep studies but are electing to get treatment from this person instead. Is that accurate?

You run very hot and cold with me .... sometimes sounding like someone that wants to defend a patients access to their data, and sometimes taking the scare approach. That puts me on a very cautious note, and makes me think you are just looking for dirt.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:38 pm

asleep@thewheel wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:28 am
The reason this is not a public conversation at this point is because I don’t know who I am talking to.
Likewise.
asleep@thewheel wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:28 am
I can’t make a recommendation to the fda, NIH, cms etc about representing the work that OSCAR is trying to Attempt without the industry’s help since super sleeper and apnea board are such upstanding people.
And what is *THAT* supposed to mean?
what are you considering recommending to the FDA, NIH, CMS, and what "industry"?

What, in your imagination, does SuperSleeper and Apneaboard have to do with Oscar development, other than providing a discussion forum for the developers?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:46 pm

" AWAKE up to find out that I am eyes of the world. My career is in what I majored in without intending to .....sleep. " :roll:
asleep@thewheel wrote:
OSCAR is based on a fatal flaw
And what do you imagine that to be?
asleep@thewheel wrote:
I also have a Real issue mr super sleeper who hides behind an avatar and makes defamatory accusations on a for profit website that collects money
What does that have to do with us? In case you haven't noticed, (it seems you haven't) this isn't Apneaboard, and it's not run by SS".
asleep@thewheel wrote:
based on this Vapor software with no accountability to the patients who might benefit or be at risk
Perhaps you should go back to school and get a better gasp on the English language. You seem to have problems communicating.... though, the ASAA has *NEVER* represented the interests of people with sleep apnea. I guess we shouldn't expect anything more from the alleged "Chair Of The Board Of Directors"
asleep@thewheel wrote:
from the various conflict of interests that runs in this space along with the people who own this website.
Do you have any idea what board you're on, or who owns the website?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

asleep@thewheel

Post by asleep@thewheel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:26 am

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here

OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

asleep@thewheel

Post by asleep@thewheel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:33 am

I am well aware of what board I am on and what I found when we got here 8 years ago. We are audited every year as a 501c3 should be who receives CFC funds from govt employees. Feel free to check out our 990s.

Who do you think owns the web site? we know Phillips paid for it 30 years ago and won't let go of the .com URL if that is what you are referring to.

Just imagine instead of trying to individually hack each machine and data card without a standardised data descriptor that we can all rely on. That is a FATAL Flaw that Jedi Mark started this endeavour on.

Sorry my grammar is not up to your literacy levels, I guess being suffocated for 35 years of my life had no impact on how I communicated Pale Rider.

Dog Slobber

OSCAR thread split as it went OT

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 am

Incorrectly referring to OSCAR/SleepyHead as vapour, simply cannot be defended as a simple grammar mistake. Vapor software, or more accurately vaporware has a well defined use and OSCAR/SleepyHead is anything but.

Your "Fatal Flaw" description, while obviously a hinderance in development, has also demonstrated itself to be equally inaccurate. One thing that is painfully obvious to me is, based on your apparent knowledge of software, you're not the guy who should be leading the discussion with the developers of OSCAR.

asleep@thewheel

Post by asleep@thewheel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:43 am

I am not pretending to be a software developer. All I have asked is who is the real person that I can recommend to give testimonial to the regulators about what you all have attempted to do inspite of any help from the lovely manufactures.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:49 am

asleep@thewheel wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:33 am
I am well aware of what board I am on and what I found when we got here 8 years ago. We are audited every year as a 501c3 should be who receives CFC funds from govt employees. Feel free to check out our 990s.

Palerider naturally assumed you were referring to CPAPtalk when you referred to "this space" and "this website." Here, you seem to be shifting gears and referring to the AASA. Could you please say plainly which website you were referring to when you referenced conflicts of interest? I would also appreciate knowing what conflict of interest you have in mind.

Who do you think owns the web site? we know Phillips paid for it 30 years ago and won't let go of the .com URL if that is what you are referring to.

Are you speaking here of CPAPtalk? Apnea Board?

Just imagine instead of trying to individually hack each machine and data card without a standardised data descriptor that we can all rely on. That is a FATAL Flaw that Jedi Mark started this endeavour on.

I believe no actual hacking was involved. And clearly the work of understanding a variety of machines was difficult, but it worked, right?

I'm disturbed by you allegation that either CPAPtalk.com or ApneaBoard.com, or perhaps the Oscar volunteer development group, is a for-profit entity in which individuals who have conflicts of interest benefit in some way. Could you just say what you mean -- which entity are you referring to? what are the conflicts of interest? How are individuals benefiting?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:52 am

asleep@thewheel wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:43 am
I am not pretending to be a software developer. All I have asked is who is the real person that I can recommend to give testimonial to the regulators about what you all have attempted to do inspite of any help from the lovely manufactures.
Where did I accuse you of pretending to be a software developer? I said, you're not the guy who should be leading the discussion.

You should also not be making such inaccurate and dishonest statements about it being vapor and based on fatal flaws, when you don't have a clue.

SuperSleeper

Post by SuperSleeper » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:20 am

For now, I'll assume this is the real Adam Amdur (Chair of ASAA- American Sleep Apnea Association). If it is, let me warn folks that he is quite literally a snake who shills for the medical mafia.

Apnea Board has a history with this guy, who claimed back in 2013 on Apnea Board's LinkedIn page that AB was doing all sorts of illegal things, but most of all warning everyone that "changing your own CPAP pressure was illegal". I called him out on that publicly, and addressed his nonsense with FACTS. My response made him look like an idiot (he is one, by the way). So he prompted deleted his comments, and since he was the one who started the LinkedIn thread, my rebuttal was also deleted. The thing he didn't realize is that I have screenshots to prove his idiocy; they're on a backup disk I have in storage, because this guy has a history of contempt for everything we do on Apnea Board, cpaptalk & now OSCAR.

Adam Amdur is interested in one thing: advancing the cause of the medical mafia's chokehold upon the sleep apnea industry. He and the ASAA is in bed with the big CPAP manufacturers and he's out to destroy anyone or any organization that threatens the "monopoly".

To the members of CPAPTALK and APNEA BOARD-- Congratulate yourselves, please. If these boards and OSCAR were not making a difference in people's lives, scumbags like Mr. Amdur would not be crouching down near us ready to attack.

To Mr. Amdur-- go ahead and threaten Apnea Board legally again through your surrogates and your medical mafia co-horts. I would LOVE for all your crooked behavior to be displayed for the whole world to see on national television. It would make a very juicy story for national reporters who would simply love to hear the nitty gritty and history of what has transpired in this industry, and your role in it all.

Now, what was it you wanted to discuss about Apnea Board and/or OSCAR? Please discuss it publicly here or on Apnea Board, and don't take it behind closed doors, which is your usual mode of operation.

I wouldn't give a dime to the ASAA (American Sleep Apnea Association). That would be like giving aid to the enemy in war-time, IMHO.

Jump in a lake, Mr. Amdur.
Last edited by SuperSleeper on Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com