Panic/new suppliers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
arthuranxious

Panic/new suppliers

Post by arthuranxious » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:22 pm

I am sorry to admit that I am terribly panicked out by the need to order a mask replacement. I cannot remember which supplier I used last time, but I think they no longer service my location. Now each time I pick a supplier they always want a prescription. And it seems to me that each prescription costs me two visits to my pulmonologist. Each time he asks me if things are still the same and sends me to the pulmonary lab for a new PFT and then a review of the results and only then issues a new prescription. So it costs me about 4 hours of my time if I am lucky, and about $60 in co-pays because I have a good plan. I have had surgery a few weeks ago causing about 10 doctor's visits. I am over-doctored.... but how long can I continue using a worn out old mask?
I am tempted to just pay out of pocket, but maybe if I go through the hassle and get my prescription on file with the DME I can go on reordering every 90 days and get 3 masks by the end of the year before there is a new deductible!
Anyway the whole thing is making me lose my mind (to the extent that I still have one after being 9 years on CPAP and still waiting to feel less tired).
Maybe better to just be tired and stay away from doctors, CPAPs,

palerider

Re: Panic/new suppliers

Post by palerider » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:25 pm

arthuranxious wrote:I am sorry to admit that I am terribly panicked out by the need to order a mask replacement. I cannot remember which supplier I used last time, but I think they no longer service my location. Now each time I pick a supplier they always want a prescription. And it seems to me that each prescription costs me two visits to my pulmonologist. Each time he asks me if things are still the same and sends me to the pulmonary lab for a new PFT and then a review of the results and only then issues a new prescription. So it costs me about 4 hours of my time if I am lucky, and about $60 in co-pays because I have a good plan. I have had surgery a few weeks ago causing about 10 doctor's visits. I am over-doctored.... but how long can I continue using a worn out old mask?
I am tempted to just pay out of pocket, but maybe if I go through the hassle and get my prescription on file with the DME I can go on reordering every 90 days and get 3 masks by the end of the year before there is a new deductible!
Anyway the whole thing is making me lose my mind (to the extent that I still have one after being 9 years on CPAP and still waiting to feel less tired).
amazon, ebay, parts from cpap.com. easy, no panic required.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:29 pm

arthuranxious wrote:I am sorry to admit that I am terribly panicked out by the need to order a mask replacement. I cannot remember which supplier I used last time, but I think they no longer service my location. Now each time I pick a supplier they always want a prescription. And it seems to me that each prescription costs me two visits to my pulmonologist. Each time he asks me if things are still the same and sends me to the pulmonary lab for a new PFT and then a review of the results and only then issues a new prescription. So it costs me about 4 hours of my time if I am lucky, and about $60 in co-pays because I have a good plan. I have had surgery a few weeks ago causing about 10 doctor's visits. I am over-doctored.... but how long can I continue using a worn out old mask?
Call the doctor and ask for a copy of your last prescription then use it!
Morbius, are you bored?

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:29 pm

What mask do you currently use? If it's a mask with replaceable cushions you can simply order the appropriate cushion replacement for your mask at cpap.com

Mask "Parts" do not require a prescription......only a fully complete mask requires a script. You can by cushions, headgear, and even the mask frame without a prescription as long as you're not buying a complete mask.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:37 pm

And most are avail. on Cpap.com's product pg under 'replacement parts'.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:45 pm

postitnote wrote:
Call the doctor and ask for a copy of your last prescription then use it!
I agree....If your pulmonologist will not comply, maybe you need a more cooperative doctor. A prescription can be written by your primary care doctor, your dentist, a physicians assistant. When you get a prescription you need to KEEP A COPY.