CPAP use causes major sinus problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: CPAP use causes major sinus problems

Post by zonker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:52 am

nicholasjh1 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:28 am
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:49 pm
nicholasjh1 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:07 pm
neti pot/bulb with 50% water and 50% hydrogen peroxide
There is no medical literature that supports the use of any amount of hydrogen peroxide for nasal rinses.
Yep and we all know that Science knows every thing :roll: . That's why I said use at your own risk. There may be no published studies, but before looking up how to do it on the internet I learned about it from a LDS/mormon man who was my professor. According to him their are a large set of LDS treatments that have been used for decades to over a century and been effective. Having said that of course it was still hearsay, but I was desperate enough to try, and after having chronic nasal infections for 25 years at the time, I haven't had one since. Coincidence? Maybe, but considering the body of evidence... (admittedly anecdotal evidence) spanning decades it is probably not a coincidence. You can keep on your old boomer ways and only believe in the slow slow march of science, personally I'm willing to try stuff that has been vetted on small scales.
DAY-um!

ETA: did you just "ok boomer" granny?
Last edited by zonker on Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:21 pm

nicholasjh1 wrote:
That's why I said use at your own risk.
In other words, don't use it.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:15 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:21 pm
nicholasjh1 wrote:
Ok, boomer
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:58 am

nicholasjh1 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:15 am
ChicagoGranny wrote:
nicholasjh1 wrote:
Ok, boomer
not cool.

bye.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:10 pm

zonker wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:58 am
nicholasjh1 wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
nicholasjh1 wrote:
Ok, boomer
not cool.

bye.
Stupidity abounds with some people, as well as poor judgement, doesn't it?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:50 pm

zonker wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:58 am
nicholasjh1 wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
nicholasjh1 wrote:
Ok, boomer
not cool.

bye.
Sorry, just trying to be funny, my son uses it all the time. I tell him Ok, Zoomer.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:02 pm

http://www.h2o2.com/files/PeroxyChem_50_SDS.PDF

50% hydrogen peroxide is considered hazardous, to the point were you should only use it out doors, shouldn't breath any mist or vapor or spray, let alone stick a solution with it as an ingredient up your nose...

I'm guessing you meant the 3% solution you get in the brown bottles... so if you split it you'd be looking at like 1.5% by volume, I'm guessing.

I still wouldn't stick that stuff up my nose... no way no how.

I don't even like using it as a mouth wash, even when I have to now and then.

Mr. Snorestoomuch

Post by Mr. Snorestoomuch » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 pm

On a more positive note, I've already learned that I need to try a heated hose, and I just tossed some NasoGel in my Amazon cart.

I'll leave the peroxide on the shelf, though. I'm sure the LDS has produced a doctor or two who knows about this cure, yet never mentioned it to others.
I (and everyone I knew) just thought I was lazy. Then I was diagnosed with sleep apnea when I was 30.

ger365

Post by ger365 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:56 pm

bluewave wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:32 pm
I have moderate OSA and was prescribed a ResMed Airsense 10 machine with a "nasal pillow" type of mask. I'm about ready to throw this %#$% thing out a window. Every time I use it, it causes sinus issues. It doesn't matter if I have a brand new mask on it. It doesn't matter that I religiously have kept the humidifier container sanitized and filled with fresh distilled water. I wake up with a chronic running nose, stuffed up nostrils (usually one or the other but not both at the same time), and the most intense sneeze-causing irritation when I inhale (this is always in my left nostril, which has a moderately deviated septum, and man, it's such an intense irritation when it comes on that the sneeze reflex stops me in my tracks).

I've gone to an allergist, thinking that I had an allergy. She ran me through a battery of tests and they all came out negative. No allergies. She did, however, put me on steroidal nose spray that is designed for allergies. This has done nothing to help. I told her and she recommended another over-the-counter anti-allergy nose spray called FloNase. Which also was useless advice, because it not only did nothing to help, it seemed to exacerbate the problem. And when the problem came on, I was taking Sudafed, Mucinex, Benadryl, Claritin and Wal-Fex (not all at the same time) to try to fight the symptoms, so I didn't want yet another medication, especially one that seemed to be having an opposite effect on the problem.

So I went off everything -- CPAP machine, all medications, everything. My sinus problems cleared up and I felt a lot better. But, aware that I still have an apnea problem and was doing nothing to treat it, I went back on the CPAP a couple nights ago as a test. I wore it for almost exactly an hour before having to get up to go to the bathroom. And when I got up, the sinus problems were all back -- with a vengeance. I've concluded without a doubt that it's the stupid machine that is causing these problems.

I went off the CPAP again. I'm currently trying to recover from the sinus problems that it triggered a couple nights ago. I'm afraid of the blasted thing now. No way I'm going to wear it before I'm off work on Christmas vacation; don't want to ruin that with sinus problems. There has *got* to be a better treatment for this stuff. Hose on the nose ain't cutting it.

Looking for any advice from people that have had a similar experience.
Me3....I hate meds, but now use 2-suphedrine PE before bed and 1-2 in the a m if needed. Don't like it but works for me.