ResMed N30i User Review

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zorki1c

Re: ResMed N30i User Review

Post by zorki1c » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:09 am

Been using a P10 for several years but have never been totally happy with it. Got one of the first AirFit N30I available from my DME. The first night was pretty restless because of the different feel. Second night on I've loved it. I never liked the way the P10 pillows actually went into your nose. The N30I doesn't. The first night I had trouble getting the nose piece adjusted. But after that it seems to seat perfectly and it seems like I get a higher volume of air. No leak problems. It is a little more noisy than the P10 but much better that the Swift FX I used in the beginning. One note: with the P10 I used large pillows. They always seemed a little too large while the medium pillow was too small. With the N30i I used the regular headset and a small/wide pillow.

CelesteMcC

Post by CelesteMcC » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:47 pm

I've been using ResMed N301 it nearly two weeks now, switched from Dreamwear nasal cradle/cushion (not pillow). So far, really love it. Venting seems less or the same as Dreamwear, and more diffuse. Fit (for me) is somehow better; the mask stays in place better than dreamwear and I don't get the little annoying leaks around my nose. Airflow is better too.

Much as I liked the Dreamwear, the Resmed design seems to solve all the little problems. Stats are the same, too. Worth a try, but as with everything, YMMV.

Sleepy tech 1235

Post by Sleepy tech 1235 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:23 am

I am a sleep technologist that has used many masks both as a patient and a tech. I tried the Resmed N30i for the first time on ASV therapy which is one of the harshest and therapies in my opinion because it can blow a lot of pressure. Anyway I was very impressed with this mask as it kept its seal well which is very important with ASV therapy. If you find the right size for your face it can work for you that is what the measuring board is included for.

zorki1c

Post by zorki1c » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:07 pm

I've been using the N30i for about two week. I really like not having to move a hose around like I did with the P10. The nose cradle gives me more leakage but usually not enough to be a problem (virtually none with the P10). I understand there is a P30i that is the same as the N30 out has pillows rather than a nose cradle and that the two type are interchangeable. Don't know is the P30i or pillows are available in the US yet.

john5757

Post by john5757 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:36 pm

I keep a eye for it, but if the venting is changed to be the similar to the P10 as a weave/mesh. It might be a issue with me. However it looks that the venting is part of the cushion not the frame.

CreativeChris

Post by CreativeChris » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:38 am

Hopeful50 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:34 am
Longtime Dreamwear user here. I picked up my N30i a week ago, and used it for 5 nights.

I had already made up my mind the N30i was going to be the perfect "upgrade" from the Dreamwear - diffused venting, a more stable cushion, and a stay-put headgear strap. And while it does have a more stable cushion and a stay-put headgear strap, the venting and leakage are disappointing:

- Though the front vent is diffused, it seems to put out a LOT more air, and the air is directed downward instead of straight out. This makes it hard to keep the air from blowing onto my hands and arms. (If I place my index finger across my upper lip, right under the cushion, the vented air actually hits my finger!)
- Sleepyhead consistently shows my baseline leak rate with the Dreamwear at 0, with a few "spikes" of leakage here and there. With the N30i, even though I can't detect any leaks when I put it on, Sleepyhead shows the leaks never going below 3, with significantly more leaks throughout the night.
- The Dreamwear cushion has one wide opening for the air to pass from the tubing into the nose. The N30i has two openings, separated by a "bridge." I experienced a sort of tickling sensation, as if that little bridge between the openings was flapping around and touching my nose.
I also have found the standard N30i frame to be on the small side. Hope that they will have an optional large frame in the near future.
There IS a large frame available. My DME brought out both for me to try on, and the standard size was just right.
I had the same issue with the venting shooting down. Not a deal breaker. I thought there was only 2 sizes for n30i- small and standard. IF Resmed puts out pillows and maybe a large frame I am completely on board.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:00 am

Been several weeks since I posted my review of the N30i. Wanted to do a follow up. I spent some time fitting it again. Different nose cushions and different tension on the straps. My first review was rather negative, so I wanted to be SURE I wasn't doing something wrong!

Spent one full night with it. While I did get it better as in my nose didn't hurt, the problems with the design are still there. These cushions simply do NOT seal as well as the Dreamwear brand do. I still feel like the frame softens up from body heat and requires you to tighten the straps during the night. The leaking woke me more than once. So, this ResMed N30i is not going to work for me. The Dreamwear is just a better design. I use the Dreamwear some and the Nuance Pro most of the time. The Nuance Pro has developed into the best sealing mask I can wear, even better than the P10. But that is another story....

There is a new version, the P30i coming out! With a nasal pillows instead of the nasal cushion. I assume/hope it will be interchangeable and I will only need the pillows. Not available in the US just yet. If this is similar to the P10 pillows, it might just work out.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

CreativeChris

Post by CreativeChris » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:36 pm

realshelby wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:00 am
There is a new version, the P30i coming out! With a nasal pillows instead of the nasal cushion. I assume/hope it will be interchangeable and I will only need the pillows. Not available in the US just yet. If this is similar to the P10 pillows, it might just work out.
Last night I tried the Bravida again, and my p10, and I finally went back to my trusty Dreamwear with pillows. I have a new DME (Apria) and they don't stock the Dreamwear large frame, so I am searching for something they carry that I don't need to pay out of pocket for. They swear the Bravida is excellent but I just can't find anything that keeps leaking at bay as well as the Dreamwear. I keep going back to the Resmed site because I would LOVE the n30i with pillows.

@realshelby where did you hear this great news? I am absolutely going to buy it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 pm

CreativeChris wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:36 pm
I keep going back to the Resmed site because I would LOVE the n30i with pillows.

@realshelby where did you hear this great news? I am absolutely going to buy it.
It's on the ResMed website
https://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/p ... -p30i.html
Not available in the US yet. Unknown time frame for US availability.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CreativeChris

Post by CreativeChris » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 pm
CreativeChris wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:36 pm
I keep going back to the Resmed site because I would LOVE the n30i with pillows.

It's on the ResMed website
https://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/p ... -p30i.html
Not available in the US yet. Unknown time frame for US availability.
I just found that. I have been Googling where I can buy at least the pillows from, even if it is overseas.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:25 pm

CreativeChris wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:05 pm
I just found that. I have been Googling where I can buy at least the pillows from, even if it is overseas.
If you find a source please post it. Someone else might be willing to buy from overseas.
I can't find a source at all right now for any of its parts so I don't know where it might have been released first. It's probably out in trial demo in some places but people can't talk about it yet.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:47 am

I found one vendor that should be able to ship here. But cost with shipping was about $90 US for one pillow. I will have one, but I have plenty of masks to use until that price comes down!
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:56 am

Finally got my hands on the P30i nasal cushion in medium. Yes, these fit the N30i frame/headgear assembly. So all you need to buy is the proper size P30i nasal pillow to convert your N30i to the pillow style.

I would never have been able to use the N30i as delivered. Not nearly as good as the Dreamwear cushion system overall.

However, the first night with the P30i pillows was very positive. No leaks at all. No sore nose. You can bury your head into the pillow and it stays sealed. I will spend several more nights with this and then do a new thread on the P30i like I did this thread. They are that different in how they work!
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

Spot123

Post by Spot123 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:30 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:25 pm
If you find a source please post it. Someone else might be willing to buy from overseas.
I can't find a source at all right now for any of its parts so I don't know where it might have been released first. It's probably out in trial demo in some places but people can't talk about it yet.
My DME just got a fitpack from the distributor to try out earlier this week, so they are starting to come in. Not in stock yet but soon. He kept the medium pillows for himself but gave me the small. Overall, it stays in place but I feel like I might need medium. The "plugs" are more arched than the Dreamwear gel pillows so I think they are falling in a little too much. I swap between medium and small pillows on the Dreamwear.

Cathy Jane

Post by Cathy Jane » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:31 am

Hello all,

I just got the Airfit N30i and was wondering what I set my System One resistance to. I don't think the booklet says? Thanks for any help. I will fill in my profile now