Cpap.com now has the Nano and the Anew available

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Cpap.com now has the Nano and the Anew available

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:32 am

I just got an email from cpap.com announcing the availability of the
Swift FX Nano and the Circadiance Anew which is the first ever cloth full face mask.

The cloth full face mask for those of you wanting such a mask. The Circadiance Anew. $159...not cheap though no full face mask ever is but as with all Circadiance masks...free return insurance because Circadiance offers it on all their masks, so if you hate it..you can return it and get your money back.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/sleepw ... -mask.html

The Swift FX Nano...$118..also with free return insurance but I believe that is likely a promo offer from cpap.com and may not last.
Looks like the Nano is also compatible with the regular Swift FX headgear but apparently there is now a new short hose assembly with the Nano which has a new spring hose and swivel thing. I don't have any idea if it is any better than the regular Swift FX short hose assembly or not. Not sure I want to pay the money to get the new short hose to try it. I might pay the money to try the Nano hose thingy part with my Swift FX headgear to see if it works out any better than the Wisp which is similar. I need to think about it first. I have issues with anything putting pressure on the sides of my nose...the Wisp caused congestion so bad I had to give up on it after 90 minutes..reviewed in another thread.
Looks like a Regular and a For Her size is being offered. The Regular offers a Standard and Wide nose thingy...the For Her only offers Small. Typically the back strap for the Regular is usually a little longer than the For Her back strap...at least that is the way it has been in the past.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html
https://www.cpap.com/DisplayNewsletter/ ... %3A55%3A45

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Re: Cpap.com now has the Nano and the Anew available

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:47 am

You know I just looked at the short hose assembly for either the Nano and the Swift FX nasal pillows...they look the same to me.
Doesn't look like anything new to me...so if anyone happens to buy the Swift FX Nano complete kit and has a complete kit for the Swift FX nasal pillows.....maybe you could let us know if there is any real difference in terms of functionality or appearance.

I don't have a spare $118 right now to buy one and compare and from looking at the Nano nose piece I am afraid that I would have the same issues with it that I did with the Wisp in terms of congestion...so I don't think I will be experimenting with the Nano at this time.

The Nano cushion nose piece is available all by itself though. $47
https://www.cpap.com/productpage-replac ... dgear.html
3 sizes
Small
Standard
Wide

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:54 am

Pugsy wrote:You know I just looked at the short hose assembly for either the Nano and the Swift FX nasal pillows...they look the same to me.
Doesn't look like anything new to me...so if anyone happens to buy the Swift FX Nano complete kit and has a complete kit for the Swift FX nasal pillows.....maybe you could let us know if there is any real difference in terms of functionality or appearance.

I don't have a spare $118 right now to buy one and compare and from looking at the Nano nose piece I am afraid that I would have the same issues with it that I did with the Wisp in terms of congestion...so I don't think I will be experimenting with the Nano at this time.

The Nano cushion nose piece is available all by itself though. $47
https://www.cpap.com/productpage-replac ... dgear.html
3 sizes
Small
Standard
Wide

The Nano attachment has a ball and socket joint that swivels, but the regular old FX connection (non-ball and socket swivel) and headgear have reportedly fit just fine. So all one would need would be a replacement cushion and/or a new swivel joint. If your insurance has you due for getting a new cushion, you'd be all set to go. Just get the cushion and/or swivel, and if it doesn't work, just send it back within the 30 day trial.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:06 am

@hyperlexis: I believe the return insurance, free or otherwise, is only available on the full mask kit.

Looking at the size gauge, it would be nice to disclose the actual dimensions of the nose widths?
--especially when the mask is not offered as a fit pack. (not everybody has access to a printer)

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:07 am

chunkyfrog wrote:@hyperlexis: I believe the return insurance, free or otherwise, is only available on the full mask kit.

Looking at the size gauge, it would be nice to disclose the actual dimensions of the nose widths?
--especially when the mask is not offered as a fit pack. (not everybody has access to a printer)
Oh wow! Good point! That would totally be bad if not on the cushion.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 am

hyperlexis wrote: The Nano attachment has a ball and socket joint that swivels, but the regular old FX connection (non-ball and socket swivel) and headgear have reportedly fit just fine
My current Swift FX nasal pillow short hose assembly looks to be identical to the Nano short hose assembly in the pictures. It swivels just fine. I have the short hose in my hands right now...it looks identical to the Nano short hose pictures...maybe there are other pictures somewhere that show the joint better?????
I just can't see any difference from looking at the pictures I have seen so far. I need to see and feel each short hose I guess to see the difference.

I just used my 6 month mask allowance last month...and given how slow my DME is when it comes to getting newly released masks...he might have the Nano by the time I am allowed another mask using insurance.
I know he won't have just the cushion for quite a while if ever. They are promoting Respironics masks now since they have got a better deal on Respironcis machines and masks. I will call him though and alert him as to this new mask...he is always the last to know and I don't think the ResMed rep is giving them demos to give out since they lost the machine sales.

I know that I won't be replacing my Tap Pap...I just like to experiment with new things when I can. I can't in good conscious buy it from cpap.com with the intention of returning it just because I want to experiment or just because I want to compare the 2 short hose assemblies. Given my problem with the Wisp cushion it is very doubtful that I would even be able to use the Nano cushion...but I am curious about it and the short hose.

Yes, the free return insurance is only available with the purchase of the entire kit.....
So anyone wanting to use the Nano cushion with their existing Swift FX nasal pillow headgear and short hose....you are stuck with it if you hate it unless you can swap it out or sell it. At $47 a cushion...pricey experiment.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:54 am

I just called my DME and as expected he hadn't heard of the new Nano and as expected the Resmed rep no longer stops by since the company switched to Respironics machines.
He did say he would make a call to see if he could get a demo of the Nano and if he could then I could have it.
Since the short hose assembly on the Nano may be a slight improvement over the short hose assembly on the Swift FX nasal pillows...I would like to get my hands on it also. So I will wait a bit to see if I can get a free complete mask setup before doing anything about the Nano through cpap.com. I don't have the extra money right now anyway....vehicle insurance is due in 3 days. OUCH.

YogaKitty

Post by YogaKitty » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 am

I really like my élan, but have been considering trying the nano what it came out. I like the cushion on the élan, but really liked the headgear on my swift fx for her.

My questions, thought, is which kit to order? The regular or the For Her?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am

YogaKitty wrote:My questions, thought, is which kit to order? The regular or the For Her?
I don't know...I would assume the For Her kit but not having seen the sizing on the Nano cushions...I don't know how much difference there would be between the Small or the Standard or the wide.
Downloadable and printable template
https://88559364175b176f8341-7518c0400f ... -guide.pdf

Past experience with the headgear back strap...I was able to use both the regular size and the For Her size back strap but the regular size the 2 end pieces met when fitted on my head and the For Her back strap had about a 1 1/2 inch gap between the 2 end pieces.
So I suspect that unless someone has a really small head...that they could most likely use either back strap assuming the ResMed is using the slightly shorter back strap with the Nano as they have done in the past with the "For Her" sizes.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:43 am

I just noticed this offer...no headgear.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... y-kit.html
$87 for the cushion and the short hose.
Of course no return insurance available when buying mask parts.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Ah heck, I just bit the bullet and ordered the little kit...the $87 kit since I already have the headgear. BTW Promo code FALLING still gives free shipping for orders under $99 (over $99 and shipping is always free)....US orders.
If I hate it I bet I can find a new home for it at a discount.
I am curious about the new short hose. Carolyn says it is a little different and I am wondering if it might also be different enough to allow for less pulling on the mask when using the Bella Loops.
BTW...Carolyn says she is putting together a little video that shows the slight difference between the 2 hose assemblies. She is going to post it here when it is completed.

Also wondering if the difference in the headgear will allow for the Nano cushion to be used without causing nasal congestion for me.
The Wisp caused nasal congestion due to pressure on my nose even when I had it ultra loose. So I am curious about that aspect of things.

This experiment in no way means that I am looking to change from the Tap Pap. I just like to experiment with the stuff that looks rather interesting to me. If it doesn't look interesting then I don't bother but if it looks interesting then I experiment so that I can offer my input if it helps. It helps with the boredom of cpap therapy. I know you newbies who are still fighting all this "stuff" are probably wondering how it can be boring with so many struggles but after a while it does get boring. Reports are boring...masks are boring
I won't be doing any full face mask experiments though. I have issues with lower straps that come across the base of the skull area...due to cervical spine problems so I have to avoid any mask that has straps that come from the base of the skull area forward to the jaw and chin level.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Ordered it when I got the mailing from cpap.com about availability, free shipping, and free return insurance. Seems like it's minimal enough that it might work for me, we'll see. As usual, on the borderline between small and standard, so ordered standard.

Kenwood

Post by Kenwood » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Pugsy wrote:
hyperlexis wrote: The Nano attachment has a ball and socket joint that swivels, but the regular old FX connection (non-ball and socket swivel) and headgear have reportedly fit just fine
My current Swift FX nasal pillow short hose assembly looks to be identical to the Nano short hose assembly in the pictures. It swivels just fine. I have the short hose in my hands right now...it looks identical to the Nano short hose pictures...maybe there are other pictures somewhere that show the joint better?????
I just can't see any difference from looking at the pictures I have seen so far. I need to see and feel each short hose I guess to see the difference.

Pugsy....its like the Aloha 360 degree "ball & joint swivel". I love the way the Aloha's ball-joint hose moves around as I'm a stomach sleeper (moves up and down as well as side to side) but prefer the Swift FX pillow and bella loops

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Kenwood wrote: Pugsy....its like the Aloha 360 degree "ball & joint swivel".
I don't have the Aloha anymore to compare and refresh my memory...seems like I gave it to someone a while back so my mind is totally blank as to how that joint moves any differently BUT I have ordered the Nano hose kit and will get my memory refreshed.
I believe you guys...I just can't see it till I get my hands on it and get my memory refreshed.

Kenwood

Post by Kenwood » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Kenwood wrote: Pugsy....its like the Aloha 360 degree "ball & joint swivel".
I don't have the Aloha anymore to compare and refresh my memory...seems like I gave it to someone a while back so my mind is totally blank as to how that joint moves any differently BUT I have ordered the Nano hose kit and will get my memory refreshed.
I believe you guys...I just can't see it till I get my hands on it and get my memory refreshed.
Yeah...you sent it to me LOL

Swift FX just rotates left or right like the hands on a clock. The Aloha went right, left, up, down, in, out...like your shoulder arm socket