Finally got a hold of the DME

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: Finally got a hold of the DME

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:21 pm

Apria IS known to have some very difficult DMEs, and a lot of people here have had a lot of trouble with them.

But you're still wasting time chasing what was... get onto what should be now and don't ask us again what to do - you've been told 1,000 times.

flightco

Post by flightco » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:47 pm

Enchanter wrote:
Madalot wrote:
flightco wrote:Which is why I said I should not have called him stupid and offered to assist him
He's been told DOZENS of times to get someone (friend, family member) to HELP him and advocate for him. As far as I can remember, he never once acknowledged that piece of advice.
It's frustrating. My mom said that she has her own issues and that this is all on me and she knows nothing about the condition. Yet she still insists I get checked for diabetes. She just doesn't want to get involved with sleep apnea.
Regardless; I sent you a PM hours ago offering you my private phone number and to help you work through this; you haven't bothered to respond which makes me wonder just what it is you are after.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 pm

flightco wrote:
Enchanter wrote:
Madalot wrote:
flightco wrote:Which is why I said I should not have called him stupid and offered to assist him
He's been told DOZENS of times to get someone (friend, family member) to HELP him and advocate for him. As far as I can remember, he never once acknowledged that piece of advice.
It's frustrating. My mom said that she has her own issues and that this is all on me and she knows nothing about the condition. Yet she still insists I get checked for diabetes. She just doesn't want to get involved with sleep apnea.
Regardless; I sent you a PM hours ago offering you my private phone number and to help you work through this; you haven't bothered to respond which makes me wonder just what it is you are after.

But Julie says to start over instead of following those steps. So what should I do?
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:37 pm

Julie wrote:Apria IS known to have some very difficult DMEs, and a lot of people here have had a lot of trouble with them.

But you're still wasting time chasing what was... get onto what should be now and don't ask us again what to do - you've been told 1,000 times.

Julie, my primary doctor deals with sleep apnea. How would another doctor be different? How do you know the process wouldn't be even worse? How do you know? What's the difference between one doctor and another? I'm just trying to get my equipment.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:40 pm

Enchanter wrote:It's frustrating. My mom said that she has her own issues and that this is all on me and she knows nothing about the condition. Yet she still insists I get checked for diabetes. She just doesn't want to get involved with sleep apnea.
And neither do you! Can't count how many times you've stated that you're going to beat sleep apnea without a machine. So why the hell are you still here? This forum exists to help people USE their machine/mask successfully.

(My eyes are rolled back so far back at this point that I can see my brain...) To everyone who insists on continuing this fruitless endeavor to help, do you not remember that he's had a donated APAP and (at least) two masks since the end of June? He hasn't made any effort to use the equipment he already has, so why continue to try to assist in him getting new equipment? C'mon, people. He doesn't give a shit about treating his apnea (if he even has it). Say to yourselves:

and

There are lots of noobs who really need the help they find here (and listen to the advice given and make an effort). Concentrate on those who appreciate the assistance. This particular poster passed the "ridiculous" point months ago...
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

Pesser

Post by Pesser » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:04 pm

It's really hard to believe that this guy's thread has over 600 hits so far!

hpm08161947

Post by hpm08161947 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Enchanter has no prescription!

flightco

Post by flightco » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:19 pm

hpm08161947 wrote:Enchanter has no prescription!
There are a lot of things Enchanter does not have, and thank god my phone number is one of them. Glad I read a few more of his posts before I gave it to him. It is no wonder no one in his family wants to help him and he needs to bother the shit out of us to get some attention.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:22 pm

flightco wrote:
hpm08161947 wrote:Enchanter has no prescription!
There are a lot of things Enchanter does not have, and thank god my phone number is one of them. Glad I read a few more of his posts before I gave it to him. It is no wonder no one in his family wants to help him and he needs to bother the shit out of us to get some attention.

We're all human but that lady has been on my ass, in my threads for months.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

hpm08161947

Post by hpm08161947 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Still.... you have no prescription. Which makes it all pointless.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:27 pm

hpm08161947 wrote:Still.... you have no prescription. Which makes it all pointless.

How do I get the prescription?
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:29 pm

1) Go to a doctor, any doctor.

2) ask for a sleep study (new one!)

3) go to the study and sleep

4)get results (in reasonable time) from the doctor

5) get prescription from the doctor

6) get your mask, etc.

Then go the hell away.

hpm08161947

Post by hpm08161947 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Ask your sleep doctor for a copy of the prescription he wrote the "HealthCare".

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Julie wrote:
Then go the hell away.

Why don't you go away Julie? Like you considered. What are you still doing on here, you have your equipment.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:51 pm

curems wrote:
Enchanter wrote:
You're twisting the story, CUNT. I did have machine donated to me and am very thankful. However, the masks don't fit me and won't stay on me. Yes I do want to beat the sleep apnea through weight loss if possible in the long run, but I still need to try to treat me Apnea now. So fuck you for twisting the story, old lady.
This post needs to be taken down immediately. I don't care who you are or what your problem is, being a misogynist pig is NOT acceptable. This is inexcusable. Climb back in your crappy little hole and stay there.
Thanks for quoting it, curems. I didn't see it before someone blasted it (thanks to whoever it was).

And to the OP, I didn't twist anything, SFB. Best be careful, as your true colors are showing now more than ever...
Enchanter wrote:We're all human but that lady has been on my ass, in my threads for months.
Meaning I've called out your bullshit. I'm proud of that.
Enchanter wrote:
Julie wrote:
Then go the hell away.
Why don't you go away Julie? Like you considered. What are you still doing on here, you have your equipment.
And once again, you're attacking Julie, who went above and beyond trying to help you for a long time. She's here (like every other long-time member) to help others with their therapy.

Again I ask: Why are YOU here?
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.