Help! Airsense autoset stuck at 6!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Cmk17

Help! Airsense autoset stuck at 6!

Post by Cmk17 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:56 am

It's early in the morning and my machine which is set at 6-20 won't go above 6! I feel like I am starving for air!!! I have been using this apap machine every single night since mid-August. Any idea on how to reboot it to get it to work again? I've had 3 hours of sleep and am miserable.

I use a new Resmed Airsense autoset 10 for her.

cancun

Re: Help! Airsense autoset stuck at 6!

Post by cancun » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 am

Hate to sound like the cable company but did you unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in?

Cmk17

Post by Cmk17 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:30 am

I'm a techie -- so yes. A few reboots, checking all cables. I just reset my low to 10 so the machine is now stuck on 10. (Much better than 6 but not good.)

Cmk17

Post by Cmk17 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:50 am

My account and profile seem to be missing from the forum. I'm feeling crazy with no sleep and unable to login!

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:20 am

Are you sure you are in the Auto Mode?

Ramp off?

Even in the Auto mode, the machine won't increase pressure without reason like Snores, Flow Limitations, etc.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:03 am

I'll bet it is set at CPAP with pressure fixed at 6....Go to Clinical manual and check to see that it is in AUTO mode

CaptainRaven40

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:27 am

It is either broke. Or in the wrong mode. Or you have bad luck. Or someone else on here could answer that actually knows something more than me. Which wouldn't take much.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:33 am

Check your mode of operation first. Have you read the manual?
https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf

If you are in cpap mode it won't move from whatever you set it at.
If you are in auto (apap) mode it won't move from whatever you set it at until apnea events start driving the pressure upwards. If a 6 cm starting point isn't comfortable then maybe try 7 cm.

Also....are you using ramp or exhale relief (EPR) as either one could also make the "can't breathe" feeling worse if the pressure is dropping below comfort levels?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:01 am

Why not use the FREE software, so you can tell what's really going on. Most cars really do need a steering wheel. So does a XPAP machine. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

MarylandCPAPer

Post by MarylandCPAPer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Cmk17 wrote:It's early in the morning and my machine which is set at 6-20 won't go above 6! I feel like I am starving for air!!! I have been using this apap machine every single night since mid-August. Any idea on how to reboot it to get it to work again? I've had 3 hours of sleep and am miserable.

I use a new Resmed Airsense autoset 10 for her.
I use the A10 for Her. I think the problem is that your RAMP setting is at AUTO and you are not falling asleep at the lowest pressure setting, so the pressure never rises. I turned mine to off and APAP with a range of 10.6-20 works fine for me. If you need a lower pressure to go to sleep then you may want to set your RAMP setting to a short period (5-10 minutes). Make sure you feel you can breathe at the ramp pressure setting you choose. After the ramp period is over, then the pressure will go to the lowest pressure in your range even if you are not asleep.

I had the same problem when I first got my A10 and changing the ramp setting from AUTO to off solved the problem for me.

The A10 for Her also has settings for Auto and Auto for Her. Those settings should not cause the machine to stay at a fixed pressure. If the setting is on CPAP, then the machine should only have a setting for one pressure, not a minimum and maximum setting.

If you have been using the machine since August and didn't have this problem before, did you change any settings before this happened?

If your machine is set up (as most are unless you turn ON "Airplane Mode") to send information to the DME and Resmed, it is possible your DME remotely changed your settings. This could happen if you have changed settings after the DME set it up.

I hope this helps.

Started CPAP 12/18/09 Pressure 13. Changed to APAP 1/18/10, Pressure 10-16. 4/2014:Switched to AirFit P10 mask. PR System One REMstar Auto Series 550 with A-Flex for 5.5 years. 7/2015 to present: AirSense 10 AutoSet FOR HER. Range: 10-20

MarylandCPAPer

Post by MarylandCPAPer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Cmk17 wrote:My account and profile seem to be missing from the forum. I'm feeling crazy with no sleep and unable to login!
Did you login with your user name and password? If so, your profile should be attached to your posts.

If you posted without logging in, you could atill put in a user name, subject, and fill in a captcha to post on the board. In that case, your profile would not attach to your posts.

Started CPAP 12/18/09 Pressure 13. Changed to APAP 1/18/10, Pressure 10-16. 4/2014:Switched to AirFit P10 mask. PR System One REMstar Auto Series 550 with A-Flex for 5.5 years. 7/2015 to present: AirSense 10 AutoSet FOR HER. Range: 10-20