Pur sleep Pillow

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ricochet

Pur sleep Pillow

Post by Ricochet » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:12 pm

I tend to sleep on my side most of the time and I get mask leaks. I'm in need of a new pillow so thought I would ask you all of any suggestions.

I use a f10 full face mask by resmed.

I was looking at this pillow from Pur Sleep

http://www.pur-sleep.com/shop/cpap-bed-pillow.html

Has any one have one or tried it and what do you think of it?
My Buddy

Darth Lady

Re: Pur sleep Pillow

Post by Darth Lady » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:20 pm

I use that pillow. It's a good pillow, easy to form to fit your head, optimize neck support and make a little hollow for the mask so it doesn't leak. Also easy to re-form if you move around at night. It uses buckwheat hulls and foam shreds, so it's a different experience from, say, memory foam, but you'll get used to it fast. Unlike memory foam, it doesn't "fight you back."

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 pm

I found it on amazon for 44 and free shipping. Cheaper than many of the others
My Buddy

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:48 pm

I have used the pillow for 3 years. I will never give it up. It's fantastic for CPAPers

cancun

Post by cancun » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Ricochet wrote:I tend to sleep on my side most of the time and I get mask leaks. I'm in need of a new pillow so thought I would ask you all of any suggestions.

I use a f10 full face mask by resmed.

I was looking at this pillow from Pur Sleep

http://www.pur-sleep.com/shop/cpap-bed-pillow.html

Has any one have one or tried it and what do you think of it?
Here is another one they made after this one, I was one of the beta testers on it this year and really liked it. It came unstuffed and you put it as much of the buckwheat and foam as you wanted and adjust as needed. I didn't think I would like the buckwheat but do. It is a heavy pillow but I have been very happy with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Form-Fit- ... op?ie=UTF8

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:20 am

http://www.amazon.com/CPAPfit-Pillow--C ... eep+pillow
I have this one. I don't want to use any others now.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:37 am

For anybody on this thread, please see the new trial offer I just posted. You people are awesome.

n2it

Post by n2it » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:03 pm

If you suffer from seasonal or food allergies (especially food allergies), I would not attempt to use this pillow. Buckwheat can be a severe allergen and even cause Anaphylactic shock in those that are allergic. Google "does buckwheat cause allergies" and you will find all kinds of references.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:34 pm

n2it wrote:If you suffer from seasonal or food allergies (especially food allergies), I would not attempt to use this pillow. Buckwheat can be a severe allergen and even cause Anaphylactic shock in those that are allergic. Google "does buckwheat cause allergies" and you will find all kinds of references.
However, you aren't ëating"the buckwheat, you're sleeping on it with a cushion type cover and pillow case over it.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

n2it

Post by n2it » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
n2it wrote:If you suffer from seasonal or food allergies (especially food allergies), I would not attempt to use this pillow. Buckwheat can be a severe allergen and even cause Anaphylactic shock in those that are allergic. Google "does buckwheat cause allergies" and you will find all kinds of references.
However, you aren't ëating"the buckwheat, you're sleeping on it with a cushion type cover and pillow case over it.
You have a misperception as to how allergic reactions occur; particularly food allergy reactions (buckwheat is listed as a food allergen). Food allergies can cause severe reactions, including Anaphylactic shock, from the particulates that are in the air surrounding the food (or in this case the buckwheat).

My daughter for instance, is highly allergic to peanuts. She had a reaction at school in the past because a student had a peanut butter sandwich at the same lunch table as her. She never came in contact with it. This was several years ago. Nowadays they don't permit children with severe food allergies to sit at the same table as someone that is consuming the food allergen. They have assigned tables. In fact, students like her (at least at our school) have their tables sanitized prior to them even sitting at the table as a precaution.

She also suffered a severe reaction at a restaurant because they offered peanuts in the lobby for people waiting on a table. The only thing she did was to walk through that lobby. The particulates that were in the air caused a severe reaction. She never actually came in contact with a peanut.

I don't eat mold either but I have very bad allergic reactions to several types of mold (took shots for years). And it's because they are inhaled through the air that we breathe.

So, if I had any type of food allergy (or even seasonal) I certainly wouldn't want to lay my head on a pillow that is stuffed with a known allergen.

It's just word of advice. What's the old adage; you can lead a horse to water but...