Feeling self conscious about starting therapy, ladies??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Michelle-OH

Re: Feeling self conscious about starting therapy, ladies??

Post by Michelle-OH » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:50 pm

Just used mine tues night for the first time in front of my boyfriend, definitely doesn't make you feel sexy, lol. He's been using his in front of me for over 6 mos. now, so that helped. Just stick with it and I bet he will increase his supportiveness this time.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:03 pm

That's perhaps the saddest thing about sleep apnea and its devastation in general... if you had cancer, a stroke or heart attack etc everybody would rally around you. Here at CPAPtalk we've all observed that an Rx for a CPAP machine and the subsequent therapy is often met with big 'ho hum' (or worse) from family and friends... like it's a vanity disease or something, rather than the scientifically proven fact that it's the mother of so many other diseases.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Darth Lady

Post by Darth Lady » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:31 pm

[quote="stepyou"Am I limited to people who have a Darth Vader fetish now? [/quote]

Limited? That's a lot of people... My husband's one of them

stepyou

Post by stepyou » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:31 am

Darth Lady wrote:Limited? That's a lot of people... My husband's one of them
Haha, quite! My friend said I was overestimating that men would be bothered! And if they aren't into Darth Vader, there's always Bane and Hannibal Lecter

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:20 am

Play around with your mask until you can easily put it on in the dark. Then you will be able to put it on at sleep time and he will not see you with your mask on.

otrpu

Post by otrpu » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Like Stormynights said: Easy cure. . .turn out lights. . .have great sex. . .kiss goodnight. . .put on mask in dark. . .go to sleep. I agree, it's an ungodly solution to the problem. But, it is a solution you can live better with. I expect he'll change his mind after you've been using it awhile. Made a big difference in my mood and patience. Started using in 2003. . .wish I had started 30 years earlier. Bless you child. . .persevere.
Cheers,
otrpu

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:54 pm

otrpu wrote:Like Stormynights said: Easy cure. . .turn out lights. . .have great sex. . .kiss goodnight. . .put on mask in dark. . .go to sleep. I agree, it's an ungodly solution to the problem. But, it is a solution you can live better with. I expect he'll change his mind after you've been using it awhile. Made a big difference in my mood and patience. Started using in 2003. . .wish I had started 30 years earlier. Bless you child. . .persevere. :D
Cheers,
otrpu
You don't have to turn out the lights for the great sex part, just for putting on your mask if you're self conscious *smile*.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:16 pm

stepyou wrote:
Darth Lady wrote:Limited? That's a lot of people... My husband's one of them
Haha, quite! My friend said I was overestimating that men would be bothered! And if they aren't into Darth Vader, there's always Bane and Hannibal Lecter

Don't underestimate the motorheads that love Mad Max Fury Road....

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:That's perhaps the saddest thing about sleep apnea and its devastation in general... if you had cancer, a stroke or heart attack etc everybody would rally around you. Here at CPAPtalk we've all observed that an Rx for a CPAP machine and the subsequent therapy is often met with big 'ho hum' (or worse) from family and friends... like it's a vanity disease or something, rather than the scientifically proven fact that it's the mother of so many other diseases.

This right here. Eloquent and truth.