2yr w/o previous CPAP and now on New one

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JenniC9182

2yr w/o previous CPAP and now on New one

Post by JenniC9182 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:47 pm

If you seen my recent post my previous CPAP and mask gave me some trouble. Maybe I should have used it longer than 3 times; But, my internal Dr. sent me to my sleep doctor who I've never seen until recently. My Sleep Study a couple years back I never met the doctor. But, today, this morning I found out why. He's quite known in Dallas, Tx.

My recent evaluation with my doctor, gave me a new machine and that is posted to be seen for all. This new machine is automatically connected to have my doctor check on me. From my 1st study and received my new CPAP machine went over how serious my Sleep Apnea would be. I had stopped breathing 74 times from that 1st study. My husband, he was very concerned too of the times I stopped breathing. This must be serious.

So, with my new CPAP and mask I give 10-14 days a try and my doctor will want to see me again.

Sonnyboy

Re: 2yr w/o previous CPAP and now on New one

Post by Sonnyboy » Thu May 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi Jenni,
Welcome back.
You have a great machine. What mask are you using?
Be sure to post if you have questions or need help.

JenniC9182

Re: 2yr w/o previous CPAP and now on New one

Post by JenniC9182 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:21 am

All I know is a nasal mask and fit wonderfully. Last night I was awaken by my husband who adjusted my mask just a little. Thinking air was leaking out a little much. But, so supportive I'm so happy. Had a weird dream last night, but manageable. 1st night using my machine and it's amazing. Wish I had it sooner!