Please help with sleep study report (Trilogy - AVAPS)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
raisedfist

Please help with sleep study report (Trilogy - AVAPS)

Post by raisedfist » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:31 am

With the "recommended settings" inputted in my machine at home, I am having desaturations still. In a 8.5 hour period, for 22 minutes I have an oxygen saturation below 90% with the lowest recorded value being 80%. The average SpO2 outside of events is 93-94% which given my lung disease is normal for me.

I am thinking that with the Pressure Support minimum being so low, when I have hypopneas instead of the IPAP taking care of them, the Auto-EPAP algorithm is kicking in to tackle them. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and my EPAP was at 9.0 which is very uncomfortable to me since I have a restrictive lung disease.

I am thinking of trying to raise the PS min to 8.0 or 10.0 and to set a static EPAP of 6 and go from there. On fixed bi-level I am used to a PS of 14-16 so a high PS does not really bother me.

Unfortunately it's harder to guide my therapy using the Respironics Trilogy ventilator because it doesn't allow you to view AHI/apnea data.

I need help because my current sleep doctor doesn't even have DirectView...he knows nothing about the Trilogy.

Image[/quote]

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12