After First Night Feeling Very, Very Relaxed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CarrieBear

After First Night Feeling Very, Very Relaxed

Post by CarrieBear » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Hello Everyone! I am newly diagnosed with mild OSA and slept at the sleep center last night with a CPAP for the first time. At first, I had a few panicky moments of feeling "trapped" and had to rip the mask off my face! But, once I calmed down, suddenly I was out ...and when I woke up, I can only describe the feeling as peace, calm, relaxed--almost like I had been at the spa or had the best full body message, or like I had taken a drug and was coming out of it. It was crazy! I remained calm and actually still kind of sleepy all day. So I napped a little. Is it normal to feel so relaxed that I actually could sleep more? I appreciate any feedback on your experiences!!

Cardsfan

Re: After First Night Feeling Very, Very Relaxed

Post by Cardsfan » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:22 pm

Your body is finally getting real uninterrupted sleep. Great feeling isn't it.

CABINHOLLOW

Post by CABINHOLLOW » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:56 pm

That is how I felt after my first night!! Its awesome!

hpm08161947

Post by hpm08161947 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:22 pm

The technician told me that people with really high AHI like mine, really liked the titration part. I did not believe her, but 10 mins after it started I was sound asleep. It rather ticked me off when several hours later they woke me up, as it was the first real sleep I had had in years. Yeah.... I remember that feeling.

CarrieBear

Post by CarrieBear » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:32 am

Thank you for confirming it is a good thing and normal for some! I know no everyone has a good first night, and because I felt so relaxed that I wanted to sleep more, I was a little curious/concerned. In my mind I picture my sleep-deprived body being flooded with oxygen and good hormones so that must be why I felt so much better. So thankful there is a treatment for this horrid thing we call OSA!

iflyvfr

Post by iflyvfr » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:00 am

Color me jealous. I had a terrible night during the titration test in the lab. All the wires stuck to me and some of the sensors came off and had to be redone. When the aid came to get me up, I asked how long she thought I'd slept and she said, maybe 2 hours?

I still felt better than I had in years. That convinced me this CPAP thing was going to work.

svo

Post by svo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:44 am

...I had 62.5 incidents per hour, as per the sleep lab at the hospital.....titration had to be done twice (first time I did not sleep more than 30 minutes at a time, constant waking up), so a second titration was done, succesfully....I am using cpap machine since March of this year and to be honest I do not expirience any of the "conforts" that most people expirience..the person that is most gratefull about the treatment is my wife, who tells me that I do not move at all during the night, while before I was all over the bed....while sleeping, after the treatment started my incidents went down to less that 3 most times and very often less than 2 and 1...so all in all this cpap made a believer of me....