ResScan: specifying file location

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JimW159

ResScan: specifying file location

Post by JimW159 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:52 pm

I have just downloaded and installed ResScan 5.6.0.9419. I found no way to specify a location for the data files other than with the program. On my two computers (1 laptop & 1 desktop) each has a 1tb SSD for programs and a 2tb HDD for data files; I would prefer to keep it that way to limit the use of the SSD for programs. Is there any way to set up ResScan to specify the data file locations?

Thanks

JimW159

Jay Aitchsee

Re: ResScan: specifying file location

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi, Jim. Here you go:
ResScan Clinical Manual* (help) wrote:The default Patient File Location depends on the operating system:

Windows XP - C:\Program Files\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients
Windows Vista and Windows 7 - C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients
You may select another location such as a network drive however, you should consider your local IT policies and network performance before doing so.

To change the default Patient Group Location:

From the Patient Manager window, click the Browse button. The Patient File Location window will appear.
Locate the desired Patient Group Location and click the OK button.Note: In order to modify the Patient Group Location you must have administrative privileges on your computer.
Go to: Tools\Patient Manager

*The manual is included with the download: C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\ResScan Clinician's Manual.pdf
or from Start\Programs\ResMed\ or from Help within the program