PR DreamWear mask question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JimW159

PR DreamWear mask question

Post by JimW159 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:36 pm

I recently got a Respironics DreamWear mask; it has the connection at the top of the head. I also use O2 through a connection that feeds through an adapter between the tube and mask connection. My question has to do with adding a short tube (approximately 12-15 inches in length) between the O2 adapter and the mask connection. Is that a good or bad idea? My thought supporting the idea is that the connection between the O2 line and the adapter seems somewhat delicate and open to stress - perhaps likely to disconnect. Has any user of this mask (either with O2 or without) had any experience or similar concerns? If so, I would appreciate your input.

SmokeChaser426

Re: PR DreamWear mask question

Post by SmokeChaser426 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:15 pm

I have been using the DreamWear mask for 3+ months and have had good success with this mask. I have a heated hose and am wondering if you have
the same set up. What is your thinking for wanting to attach the O2 line near the mask ? Attaching the O2 line near the base would keep things
less complicated. I would think that there would be less stress and movement with an adapter line near the base than attached near the mask where
there is usually a lot of movement while sleeping. Will shortening the distance the O2 has to travel, less space to mix with the air effect the O2 saturation ?
One other thing is the 2 vents on the DreamWear mask. That has to have an effect on the O2.
Hope some of my thoughts were helpful, good luck on setting up your machine and your therapy.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:28 pm

SmokeChaser426 wrote:I have been using the DreamWear mask for 3+ months and have had good success with this mask. I have a heated hose and am wondering if you have
the same set up. What is your thinking for wanting to attach the O2 line near the mask ?
I, too, have a heated hose (on Airsense S10); it is that fact that prompted placing the O2 adapter at the outlet of the hose, not the humidifier. I can't think of a way of maintaining the electrical connection otherwise. If there is a way, please let me know.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:34 pm

JimW159 wrote:I, too, have a heated hose (on Airsense S10); it is that fact that prompted placing the O2 adapter at the outlet of the hose, not the humidifier. I can't think of a way of maintaining the electrical connection otherwise. If there is a way, please let me know.
get this: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... ve-10.html

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:11 am

palerider wrote:
Just ordered, thanks

SmokeChaser426

Post by SmokeChaser426 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Palerider to the rescue, excellent response. Will remember for any future postings....

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:54 pm

SmokeChaser426 wrote:Palerider to the rescue, excellent response. Will remember for any future postings....
Resmed makes an oxy version of the s9 climateline hose also, handy for those on supplemental o2

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:38 pm

JimW159 wrote:
palerider wrote:
Just ordered, thanks
Got it a couple of days ago and it makes the logistics of O2 delivery and hose management... well, more manageable.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:04 pm

JimW159 wrote:
JimW159 wrote:
Just orderd, thanks
Got it a couple of days ago and it makes the logistics of O2 delivery and hose management... well, more manageable.
awesome... I'm glad it helped.