Air fit 10 issues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
T-roy

Air fit 10 issues

Post by T-roy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Hello,

I'm a new cpap user & am trying to get used to the mask. The air fit 10 pinches my nostrils not completely closed but close. I also have an abrasion on the side of my nose. It's a large so I cant go bigger, I have insurance so I'm returning it.
Can anyone recommend a similar mask that's wider at the nose?
I was thinking about The SleepWeaver Anew Full Face Mask with Headgear but it only has 3 out of 5 stars.
I also have a Fit life total face mask as a back up but want something less bulky.
Mmmm.....Bacon

JimW159

Re: Air fit 10 issues

Post by JimW159 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:28 pm

T-roy wrote: The air fit 10 pinches my nostrils not completely closed but close. I also have an abrasion on the side of my nose. It's a large so I cant go bigger, I have insurance so I'm returning it.
Can anyone recommend a similar mask that's wider at the nose? I was thinking about The SleepWeaver Anew Full Face Mask with Headgear but it only has 3 out of 5 stars.
I also have a Fit life total face mask as a back up but want something less bulky.
Have you considered the PR Amara View? https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... -mask.html
It offers the same FF interface but without the encompassing nose piece; in some sense it could be seen as a hybrid. It has a strong reputation and sizing may be less problematical because the frame remains constant throughout the cushion sizes. Irritation may well be diminished because the nose is not fully enclosed.

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Its to bad that you need a full face mask or do you ? l like the p10 or resmed swift fx nasal pillows type.

lindalrc

Post by lindalrc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:44 am

I love my SleepWeaver Elan (nasal) mask, but it took a long time (like months) to get used to it and solve a few quirks. I have persisted because it feels so much lighter on my face. I used a frame-type mask for years. I am thinking that between the 3 stars and the trickiness of the soft fabric masks, it would not be a good choice when you are just starting out.
Linda

T-roy

Post by T-roy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:20 am

The Amara view look interesting, I am very ticklish around the nostrils so I have avoided any masks that touch that area but maybe the Amara view would work.
I’m a mouth & nose breather so a full face seems like the way to start. I’m sure that being a light sleeper and being new to this is going to make it difficult to get used to any mask.
Thanks for the replies!
Mmmm.....Bacon

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:53 pm

I like the Airfit F10 full face mask and think you should try a maskliner like Padacheek before you move on. There are also Remzzz mask liners too which are made of cotton. Just google them.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.