Ft. Lauderdale - Keep CPAP Machines with You!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MrGrumpy

Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Keep CPAP Machines with You!!

Post by MrGrumpy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Let me guess. You want SOMEONE ELSE to look out for you? Assuming responsibility for your own physical safety is a basic part of being a human being. Unfortunately, more and more people are shunning the age old practice of assuming responsibility for themselves. It runs from wanting the government to take care of us and give us "free stuff" to what you just described.

Susie Kay wrote:
linuxman wrote:I keep constant situational awareness.
Such a pitiful way to lead your life.
Id be dead by now if I didn't use my CPAP gear every night.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:30 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:Dare any of the flight crew to try to stop me from taking it off the plane. Their eyes and face will be badly scratched, and I will get off with the CPAP bag.
Actually, if you tried to do that you will probably end up dead, so it won't matter anyway.

A take nothing with you (or similar) directive from any flight crew member on an aircraft is not in any way optional, and is a practical learning from lethal results in previous air safety events.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:46 pm

MrGrumpy wrote:Let me guess. You want SOMEONE ELSE to look out for you? Assuming responsibility for your own physical safety is a basic part of being a human being. Unfortunately, more and more people are shunning the age old practice of assuming responsibility for themselves. It runs from wanting the government to take care of us and give us "free stuff" to what you just described.

Susie Kay wrote:

Yes in civilized parts of the world that is what you pay the police and justice system to do. It is one of the reason one pays taxes. It is in fact a normal way to organize a human society. It is very effective and allows for great strides in science and economics. look up "The dark Ages" in any history text book.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

chronic

Post by chronic » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Yep, when seconds count, law enforcement is only minutes away!

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:31 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:Let me guess. You want SOMEONE ELSE to look out for you? Assuming responsibility for your own physical safety is a basic part of being a human being. Unfortunately, more and more people are shunning the age old practice of assuming responsibility for themselves. It runs from wanting the government to take care of us and give us "free stuff" to what you just described.

Susie Kay wrote:

Yes in civilized parts of the world that is what you pay the police and justice system to do. It is one of the reason one pays taxes. It is in fact a normal way to organize a human society. It is very effective and allows for great strides in science and economics. look up "The dark Ages" in any history text book.
It's an interesting theory, but it doesn't work in practice. Police are not in place to protect anyone. They have no way to do so in nearly every case. There just aren't enough of them. They're there to chase the bad guy after the crime is already committed (or at least in progress), investigate crimes for which there needs investigation, and do paperwork. That's it. Ask any officer, and they will say those exact words. Do they at times save lives, of course they do. But it's very rare for them to be lucky enough to be in the right place, at the right time, to do so. At the point of occurrence of almost any crime, only the victim or those close by can affect a defense. At best the police (and the justice system in general) provide only very broad sort of protection that's always too late to prevent the crime.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:02 pm

It seems to work well in the rest of the civilized world. Has for over 100 years.

Except of course in the USA - because you don't want it to work. It would destroy your cultural myths of wild mountain men and barefoot and pregnant women and meek obedient children.

There are very few instances of civilian bystanders actually doing any good. Most of the time if they have guns they end up shooting themselves.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:25 pm

linuxman wrote:
Susie Kay wrote:
Eh, ok. Seems pretty natural to me to know what's going on around me. I get that it may not be what you do, but I can assure you it doesn't diminish my quality of life. It's just part of my DNA.
Seems correct to me, been keeping me and my family every since Viet Nam 1966, I take my life seriously and the lives of people I care about, being aware of people and things, light control, noise control even nowdays avoiding crowds. To you may be silly, go ahead stand out, be the first target, see you on the news.... I'm not missing a thing. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:26 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:It seems to work well in the rest of the civilized world. Has for over 100 years.

Except of course in the USA - because you don't want it to work. It would destroy your cultural myths of wild mountain men and barefoot and pregnant women and meek obedient children.

There are very few instances of civilian bystanders actually doing any good. Most of the time if they have guns they end up shooting themselves.
She is just not a happy person. Search her posting history and you will understand it is not worth the energy to reply. She doesn't like the US but spends her time on a forum hosted by a US company, go figure. iirc she also buys her equipment from the US. Just not sleeping well I suspect and always, always contrary. And oh surprise there are others. Maybe they should all run for president. I know they like to comment on politics in the US.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:12 pm

MrGrumpy wrote:Yeah Ive observed it as well. She's just another pissed off at the world left wing jew. You cant help them, hell Jesus himself could not make them happy, what makes you think anyone else could?
No reason to bring religion into this conversation....Eric or Fred or...?