Finally got my AirSense 10 AutoSet

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hannibal 2

Re: Finally got my AirSense 10 AutoSet

Post by Hannibal 2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Pugsy wrote:I will be anxious to hear how you feel about having a real working heated humidifier instead of that cobbled up system you were using.
I know it's probably too soon to form an opinion about that part of things.
I'll certainly keep you posted, really appreciate your guidance

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Hannibal 2 wrote:
Sheriff Buford wrote:Be sure the "essentials Plus" is "on". This will give you more info.

Did anyone tell you your avatar is freaky-lookin'?

Sheriff
I'll check that tonight, thanks!

Nobody told me that before about my avatar, I used to think that anyone in a mask was 'freaky lookin" but now it's just normal
I've busted a few Hannibal-types. Having them in the back of a squad car is uneasy.... freaky....
Sheriff

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Hannibal 2 wrote:
Sheriff Buford wrote:Be sure the "essentials Plus" is "on". This will give you more info.

Did anyone tell you your avatar is freaky-lookin'?

Sheriff
I'll check that tonight, thanks!

Nobody told me that before about my avatar, I used to think that anyone in a mask was 'freaky lookin" but now it's just normal
I've busted a few Hannibal-types. Having them in the back of a squad car is uneasy.... freaky....
Sheriff
I can imagine! .....I would be happy to change it if it was deemed in bad taste, was intended as a light hearted thing as my partner joked it was like sleeping with Hannibal when I first got my CPAP.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Hannibal 2 wrote:I would be happy to change it if it was deemed in bad taste, was intended as a light hearted thing as my partner joked it was like sleeping with Hannibal when I first got my CPAP.
if your partner doesn't mind sleeping with Hannibal the cannibal.... who are we to complain?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:09 pm

My wife took a picture of me when I was sleeping and told the grandkids I was her borg.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:32 pm

It's not in bad taste. We've had a lot worse! I've been told that people think I look like my avatar. I suppose as you get to know people here, you sorta get a mental image of what folks look like.

I look nuthin' like my avatar.

Sheriff

rick blaine

Post by rick blaine » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi Hannibal 2,

Obviously, I'm not speaking for the ResMed tech, but one set of reasons why she brushed aside your offer of a consultation fee may be that (a) she is already being paid by ResMed UK, and (b) the situation she and you were in is something of a grey area.

If she were to take a fee from you, would that turn the 'giving of product information' into 'directed medical advice'? Would it mean she was 'acting as a medical health professional'?

If that charge were ever made, I'm sure ResMed UK would say that (c) you are still in the care of your GP, and of your consultant, and (d) they are merely 'filling your prescription'. And it just so happens that - as a technical expert - their tech was and is obliged to give you certain information about your purchase.

Which activity falls under the contract your tech has with her employer. Whereas, taking a fee from you would imply a treatment relationship. Between her and you.

Now, I'm sure ResMed UK have done all the necessary homework with their lawyers, and have issued staff with a set of 'house rules'. You aren't their first UK customer.

What I'm saying is: I'm sure your tech felt sufficiently appreciated by your thank you's.

Speaking of medical etiquette, I know you have a lot of exploring ahead of you in the next few weeks, but at some point you might have a think about what relationship you now want to have with your NHS consultant and sleep medicine department.

It might be an idea to write to your sleep medicine department, telling them your new circumstances. There are advantages to being simultaneously an NHS patient and a kind of private patient - if your sleep department is happy with that.

As I understand it, it's up to your consultant to decide whether to keep you on his or her list. What you can do, by informing her or him of your new circs, is bring forward that decision. And whichever way it goes, at least you'll know where you stand.

Btw, you might, in any letter, mention the model number of the machine which you have bought and with which are treating yourself. And also the individual unit number - and the date on which you purchased it - and from whom.

The fact that it's a brand new machine, received by you directly from the manufacturer, might go some way to removing any doubts the hospital may have had about safety or liability.

And of course, 'carbon-copy' your letter to your GP.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:20 am

rick blaine wrote:Hi Hannibal 2,

Obviously, I'm not speaking for the ResMed tech, but one set of reasons why she brushed aside your offer of a consultation fee may be that (a) she is already being paid by ResMed UK, and (b) the situation she and you were in is something of a grey area.

If she were to take a fee from you, would that turn the 'giving of product information' into 'directed medical advice'? Would it mean she was 'acting as a medical health professional'?

If that charge were ever made, I'm sure ResMed UK would say that (c) you are still in the care of your GP, and of your consultant, and (d) they are merely 'filling your prescription'. And it just so happens that - as a technical expert - their tech was and is obliged to give you certain information about your purchase.

Which activity falls under the contract your tech has with her employer. Whereas, taking a fee from you would imply a treatment relationship. Between her and you.

Now, I'm sure ResMed UK have done all the necessary homework with their lawyers, and have issued staff with a set of 'house rules'. You aren't their first UK customer.

What I'm saying is: I'm sure your tech felt sufficiently appreciated by your thank you's.

Speaking of medical etiquette, I know you have a lot of exploring ahead of you in the next few weeks, but at some point you might have a think about what relationship you now want to have with your NHS consultant and sleep medicine department.

It might be an idea to write to your sleep medicine department, telling them your new circumstances. There are advantages to being simultaneously an NHS patient and a kind of private patient - if your sleep department is happy with that.

As I understand it, it's up to your consultant to decide whether to keep you on his or her list. What you can do, by informing her or him of your new circs, is bring forward that decision. And whichever way it goes, at least you'll know where you stand.

Btw, you might, in any letter, mention the model number of the machine which you have bought and with which are treating yourself. And also the individual unit number - and the date on which you purchased it - and from whom.

The fact that it's a brand new machine, received by you directly from the manufacturer, might go some way to removing any doubts the hospital may have had about safety or liability.

And of course, 'carbon-copy' your letter to your GP.
Hi Rick,

Yes, good point, I hadn't thought of it like that and would have been happy to hand over a £35 consultation fee.

I am keeping the hospital on the loop and the techs there say they will still supply masks and filters and continue my telephone appointments. But yes it's a good idea to write to my consultant and copy my GP.

Thank you again for your help with this, it was a very worthwhile trip to Abingdon and I am so far very happy with my machine.

Last night's MyAir Score was 93!