Skipping CPAP while camping

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kohkie

Re: Skipping CPAP while camping

Post by Kohkie » Wed May 03, 2017 3:58 am

2 years ago I went to Puerto Rico for a 2 week vacation with family. My brother and I both have sleep apnea, me severe, him moderate. We both traveled with our CPAPs. I have not slept a single night without my machine and don't plan to.

My brother is an avid camper and fisherman. He has a camper, and takes his CPAP on all his trips. He bought a solar panel for charging up his battery during the day.

CapnLoki

Re: Skipping CPAP while camping

Post by CapnLoki » Wed May 03, 2017 6:04 am

Just to be clear, this thread is not about camping where the gear plus a heavy battery has to be carried through the woods, nor is it about schlepping through airports and hotels. This is about purchasing an RV and making sure it it can easily support a CPAP. Assuming its setup properly, it will just be a matter of carrying the pump down to the driveway. If a spare pump is purchased, it could live in the RV during the vacation season. This situation is more like having a second house than going camping or travelling.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html