Sleep Study Tonight!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
reastlack

Sleep Study Tonight!!

Post by reastlack » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:38 am

Tonight I have my in-lab sleep study. How hard was it for everyone here to fall asleep with all the crap glued and taped on you??

Pugsy

Re: Sleep Study Tonight!!

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:43 am

The whole experience can be a bit new/different/uncomfortable and tend to keep a person from being able to relax enough to fall asleep easily.
My sleep doctor anticipated this and I was given a RX for a sleep aid just in case I had trouble going to sleep (and I did).
You gotta get to sleep first to get good data.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

reastlack

Post by reastlack » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:48 am

Pugsy wrote:The whole experience can be a bit new/different/uncomfortable and tend to keep a person from being able to relax enough to fall asleep easily.
My sleep doctor anticipated this and I was given a RX for a sleep aid just in case I had trouble going to sleep (and I did).
You gotta get to sleep first to get good data.
I tried talking to my sleep doctor about being nervous of falling asleep, however he had told me he couldn't prescribe me anything to take for the night.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:09 am

Some docs are like that and not much you can do.

If you can take Benadryl safely you might try a little OTC sleep med...usually it's just benadryl and benadryl causes drowsiness and that's why it is put in OTC sleep aids.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:15 am

If you have trouble falling asleep at home, then being all wired up is likely to make it worse. If you can fall asleep anywhere, then it is less likely that you would have a problem.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:18 am

Pugsy wrote:Some docs are like that and not much you can do.

If you can take Benadryl safely you might try a little OTC sleep med...usually it's just benadryl and benadryl causes drowsiness and that's why it is put in OTC sleep aids.
I would advise asking/telling your physician in advance though. And the sleep technicians.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:25 am

I usually fall asleep pretty fast, I was tired, didn't take a pill. (never taken a sleeping pill)
I had a split study -
Fell asleep in 6.5 minutes for the diagnostic portion.
Fell asleep in 7.0 minutes after they put the CPAP on me.

The metric is called "Latency to Sleep Onset" on the report.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 am

sc0ttt wrote:I usually fall asleep pretty fast, I was tired, didn't take a pill. (never taken a sleeping pill)
I had a split study -
Fell asleep in 6.5 minutes for the diagnostic portion.
Fell asleep in 7.0 minutes after they put the CPAP on me.

The metric is called "Latency to Sleep Onset" on the report.

You were lucky. I normally had no problems falling asleep but I sure did the night of the sleep study.
Took 10 mg Ambien and still took nearly 2 hours to fall asleep...
Because of that I couldn't do the split study because not enough time was remaining after I met criteria.
Had to come back for the titration and same thing...even with Ambien my sleep latency sucked and sleep was highly fragmented and pretty much a wasted night. Didn't sleep well enough to get much REM (got all of 6 minutes) where my OSA is worse and I need a lot more pressure than in non REM. Horrible, horrible night and the tech was a moron who flat out told me lies (always pisses me off to be lied to). I ended up having to self titrate with my apap to get pressures dialed in.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:18 pm

xxyzx wrote:
=======

exactly
which is why all machines should be auto and we let them titrate
but the money sucking industry wants to push useless sleep lab tests for their profit

the only reason to use a sleep lab would be a max out all channel PSG because someone has a lot more problems than mere apnea to diagnose

You call everyone a libtard, and consider yourself a conservative, yet you are against free enterprise. You don't like the doctors for overcharging, you are against the "money sucking"CPAP manufacturers. You think the DMEs and Sleep labs are all crooks. I think Libtard fits you perfectly.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:21 pm

LSAT wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
=======

exactly
which is why all machines should be auto and we let them titrate
but the money sucking industry wants to push useless sleep lab tests for their profit

the only reason to use a sleep lab would be a max out all channel PSG because someone has a lot more problems than mere apnea to diagnose

You call everyone a libtard, and consider yourself a conservative, yet you are against free enterprise. You don't like the doctors for overcharging, you are against the "money sucking"CPAP manufacturers. You think the DMEs and Sleep labs are all crooks. I think Libtard fits you perfectly.
basically, zero hates *everybody*.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:33 pm

xxyzx wrote:the world is full of evil
Another self referential post.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

reastlack

Post by reastlack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Update, slept like 30 mins for the study LOL. Very frustrated. Ordered my own apap & self treating.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Did they tell you that you only slept 30 mins or is that what it felt like to you? I thought I didn't sleep at all, but I slept long enough to be diagnosed.

reastlack

Post by reastlack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Cardsfan wrote:Did they tell you that you only slept 30 mins or is that what it felt like to you? I thought I didn't sleep at all, but I slept long enough to be diagnosed.
Well the tech told me also that I had barely slept and he only got a tiny bit of data and I will most likely be sent back in but honestly I'm just overly frustrated with the entire situation. I bought a new APAP (dream station) and will start my pressure range from 8 - 20 and see how I feel and make any changes I need to make.