Daughter opening a DME

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Daughter opening a DME

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:43 pm

Every time I see or hear the word twitter, I think of the Monty Python skit about the twit competition.
Just cannot get past that thought.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 am

She is working on getting Medicare approval. I agree about most DMEs being dishonest and will get her on this site to get information to help her. She has always been very caring and honest. I think she will do well. I have a lot of ideas to help her get started like only getting only the machines with data. I have a prescription for liquid oxygen but even though there are several DME that claim to have liquid oxygen they really don't. It is so frustrating. I had one lady that told me to call my doctor and tell him that he was wrong and that I didn't need the liquid. I understand why they can't continue to provide the portable concentrators. They are going in the hole with those. I have killed two of those. There is one that has filters that I can change and I think that one will work better here on this dirt road. I even killed two of the big ones. Just being able to talk to someone that won't lie to you would be a blessing.

ajack

Post by ajack » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:21 am

Stormynights wrote:My daughter is planning on opening DME store. I hope this works out for her.
don't do it, they changed the way it's done and DME are going out of business.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:25 am

Stormynights wrote:Just being able to talk to someone that won't lie to you would be a blessing.
+1000

WRX03

Post by WRX03 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:25 am

ajack wrote:
Stormynights wrote:My daughter is planning on opening DME store. I hope this works out for her.
Company I work for had over 100 stores, I think it's down to around 30. I get a few different home care publications, some stores are doing really well with all the new policy changes. Great customer care, great knowledge about the products, repeating business, and knowing all the P&Q of paperwork seems to be the winning ticket.

Midnight Strangler

Post by Midnight Strangler » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:39 am

xxyzx wrote: i consider all DMEs evil
Maybe the DME that provides this free forum for you to poop all over everyday considers YOU evil??

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 am

Midnight Strangler wrote:
Maybe the DME that provides this free forum for you to poop all over everyday considers YOU evil??

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:42 am

Guest wrote:
Midnight Strangler wrote:
Just realized how that could be misunderstood. I'm agreeing with you, Midnight Strangler.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:57 am

If our DME here could take my insurance I would never have gone anywhere else for my cpap supplies. I have never believed that they were not honest people. It is the ones II have had to deal with through my insurance company that is the problem. I spent a week jumping through hoops to get liquid oxygen through Apria and after it was all done they said that they didn't supply liquid n my area. I could have saved days of stress and phone calls if they had just said that at first.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:11 am

xxyzx wrote:
======
competitive
cut throat
lack of ethics abounds

i consider all DMEs evil
could an honest ethical one survive and compete ??
Good grief, X, after being back on here reading for a while now, and seeing so many of your posts, I'm beginning to think that most of the things you post on this forum are negative. Might be great to be a little supportive more often. I'm sure your comments really provided Stormy with a wonderful day. (Sarcasm, in case it's not obvious.)

The first local DME I had was not evil. Not great, but certainly not evil. The other local one I used last year since my insurance was paying for a new machine was fantastic. And of course our hosts here are fantastic as well. Sure, there are bad DMEs, but they certainly are not all bad or "evil."

Stormy, is your daughter going to have an online selling presence as well, meaning is she going to also sell online?

It's hard to start any business--I've run my small business for 21 years now--and the DME field can be difficult, but certainly can be done. I sure wish her the best!

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:19 am

lliann wrote:since I do Facebook and Twitter, I keep wanting to short cut a response to 'like'. Whats the twitter thing to the right side of posts?
Hey, I never noticed that Twitter button either! (And I thought I was so observant! ) Glad you mentioned it. But it's so hard to keep my thoughts to 140 characters. (And knowing that, I often include images with text to extend that!)

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:09 am

ajack wrote:
If only you'd stick to responding to things you have some knowledge of.

Last edited by palerider on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:52 pm

Stormynights wrote:She is working on getting Medicare approval. I agree about most DMEs being dishonest and will get her on this site to get information to help her. She has always been very caring and honest. I think she will do well. I have a lot of ideas to help her get started like only getting only the machines with data. I have a prescription for liquid oxygen but even though there are several DME that claim to have liquid oxygen they really don't. It is so frustrating. I had one lady that told me to call my doctor and tell him that he was wrong and that I didn't need the liquid. I understand why they can't continue to provide the portable concentrators. They are going in the hole with those. I have killed two of those. There is one that has filters that I can change and I think that one will work better here on this dirt road. I even killed two of the big ones. Just being able to talk to someone that won't lie to you would be a blessing.
I hope she does well, but be aware it's going to be tough, Big Dogs get the bones, she may not be able to get the volume and pricing breaks to succeed, plus waiting for the government to pay their share and the deadbeats the rest. I wish her well. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:37 pm

All the best to her Stormy, your family certainly deserve some good Karma after all that you have gone through the past while. GOOD LUCK AND LOTS OF SUCCESS!!
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks to all for the well wishes. The negative comments don't mean a thing. I just hope if she comes on here and asks for information that she will be greeted warmly. This is not a definite thing yet but just a very definite plan. She has been working on this for a while. If she gets Medicare approved it will happen. I don't think it will be an online store. If she can hire a vet that uses cpap it will be a win win. That should be easy to find one at the coffee shop for vets.