Pining for the good old days...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DEXSUZ

Re: Pining for the good old days...

Post by DEXSUZ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:10 pm

To Lucyhere and others:

This website is a fantastic place for people who have (in some cases) life-threatening maladies.

Do yourselves a favor and ignore any attempts at provoking arguments or faux-controversies. Getting into a urinating engagement is simply a waste of time and unneeded angst.

Yes, some people are on here as keyboard cowards, but they are a distinct minority.

Keep the CPAPTalk.com forum civil and everyone will benefit.

God bless.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:11 pm

DEXSUZ wrote:To Lucyhere and others:

This website is a fantastic place for people who have (in some cases) life-threatening maladies.

Do yourselves a favor and ignore any attempts at provoking arguments or faux-controversies. Getting into a urinating engagement is simply a waste of time and unneeded angst.

Yes, some people are on here as keyboard cowards, but they are a distinct minority.

God bless.

Waking up this morning to great news puts me in a wonderful mood... so, I agree.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 pm

Lucyhere wrote:

God bless.

Waking up this morning to great news puts me in a wonderful mood... so, I agree.
I am sure you mean these headlines Definitely great news.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... 5ba4f3d104
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... 55b0610d59
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vi ... 30cd15adef

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:30 pm

xxyzx wrote:
49er wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:

God bless.
I am sure you mean these headlines Definitely great news.
====

those headlines were wishful thinking libtard propaganda

there was NO anti trump backlash at all

there was a PRO TRUMP backlash against another establishment weenie who dissed trump
and was tight with baby bush who was the most evil man to ever live along with the RINOs and neocons like mccain mcconnell boner ryan graham et al
Right on cue, xxyzx. I would have been disappointed if you hadn't responded.

DEXSUZ

Post by DEXSUZ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:31 am

In my god-fearing opinion, the CPAP forum exists for the sole purpose of helping people improve their bodies and minds through use of the wonderful sleep technology available to us today.

Politics and other aspects of life have no place on this site.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:57 am

DEXSUZ wrote:In my god-fearing opinion, the CPAP forum exists for the sole purpose of helping people improve their bodies and minds through use of the wonderful sleep technology available to us today.

Politics and other aspects of life have no place on this site.

You might want to take that up with Johnny Goodman, who is the owner of this site. There have been countless threads involving politics and "other aspects of life", and Mr. Goodman apparently thinks it's just fine.
Bleep/P10

DEXSUZ

Post by DEXSUZ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear that folks use this site as a podium to spew hate and vitriol instead of as a haven for leaning how to ameliorate their sleep disorders.

The only way, it seems, that we might mitigate the nastiness is to ignore it and/or not reply when it surfaces.

God bless.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm

DEXSUZ wrote:I'm sorry to hear that folks use this site as a podium to spew hate and vitriol instead of as a haven for leaning how to ameliorate their sleep disorders.

The only way, it seems, that we might mitigate the nastiness is to ignore it and/or not reply when it surfaces.

God bless.
Replying when it surfaces just reinforces the problem. Every comment just keeps it going and plays into their plan for attention. Ignore or Ban, or the only option, and Ban isn't on the table, neither is ignore, because the people here lack self control. The want to dictate how others should act, but can't control their own actions. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Addiction

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Recently, it was revealed that Facebook was DESIGNED to be addictive.
(By one of its creators--a confession)
--no doubt many other sites, as well.
Society has suffered.
For some, this forum has the same effect.
I lost my phone the other day, and it was misery, genuine withdrawal!
Luckily, I got it back.
(Android phone, old, funky USB jack, no games or cool apps, etc--who knows why it was turned in--just grateful.)

Lucyhere

Re: Addiction

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:12 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:(Android phone, old, funky USB jack, no games or cool apps, etc--who knows why it was turned in--just grateful.)

That's prob why you got it back... no fun stuff on it!

But, yeah... some sites are addictive. Course, anything can be addictive, not only online sites. That's where you have to learn to be disciplined. Not always easy. Then there are crutches. But, some crutches can be helpful... you just have to figure out what works and what doesn't. Discerning?
Bleep/P10

nanwilson

Re: Addiction

Post by nanwilson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Recently, it was revealed that Facebook was DESIGNED to be addictive.
(By one of its creators--a confession)
--no doubt many other sites, as well.
Society has suffered.
For some, this forum has the same effect.
I lost my phone the other day, and it was misery, genuine withdrawal!a
Luckily, I got it back.
(Android phone, old, funky USB jack, no games or cool apps, etc--who knows why it was turned in--just grateful.)

Don't do facebook.. its an invasion of privacy in my opinion. This site, as far as I was concerned was a way to "pay it forward" so to speak. Recently it has become a place for certain people to pump up their own opinion of themselves and to try and prove that they are superior to everyone else >>>NOT! The "old" forum has seemingly gone by the wayside and become the convenience of one person, a few folks "try" to help out the newbies with decent answers but keep getting shot down and put down. Its not a way to pay it forward any longer... for crumbs sake, not even Dori's "time out" phrase would work . The old forum is gone, many friendships have been made here and a good time was had by all....... well almost all, the pain in the asses that cropped up soon left and we were left with each other and new folks that came in that needed help to get their therapy on track got it from the regulars.
Rant over ... from me anyway
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:06 pm

The "old" forum has seemingly gone by the wayside and become the convenience of one person, a few folks "try" to help out the newbies with decent answers but keep getting shot down and put down.
With liberal use of the foe button, I could care less if I get "shot and put down". The trolls are talking to themselves as far as I'm concerned. The only way to stop the trolls is to starve them of the attention they crave.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Janknitz wrote:
The "old" forum has seemingly gone by the wayside and become the convenience of one person, a few folks "try" to help out the newbies with decent answers but keep getting shot down and put down.
With liberal use of the foe button, I could care less if I get "shot and put down". The trolls are talking to themselves as far as I'm concerned. The only way to stop the trolls is to starve them of the attention they crave.
I have free will, I don't need a foe button, I like to keep my enemies close, that way I will remember them. At my age most of my enemies have died, the list is getting shorter each year. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:45 pm

Janknitz wrote:
I used that strategy on "evil" Facebook when a troll invaded my homepage. My tongue got very sore.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:37 am

Janknitz wrote:With liberal use of the foe button, I could care less if I get "shot and put down". The trolls are talking to themselves as far as I'm concerned. The only way to stop the trolls is to starve them of the attention they crave.
It seems as though the posts/posters you prefer not reading show up in a quote anyway. Doesn't help very much.
Bleep/P10