sleepyhead questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
scruffies

sleepyhead questions

Post by scruffies » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Just downloaded it (only 3 days of CPAP) so far.

Is the SD card the only way to get data >>> sleepyhead? Say it ain't so. Really want wi fi support, and hopefully ipad/iphone support.

All the charts and graphs look great, but I don't see myself dealing with the SD card every day.

So if the SD card is the SH input scheme, is there a good wi fi alternative, hopefully one that can live on my iphone?

Thanks.

greatunclebill

Re: sleepyhead questions

Post by greatunclebill » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:41 pm

look into myAir.
https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/a ... aign=myAir
if you don't have wifi onthe machine, the dme can add it. i don't think it will help with sleepyhead. myAir has some of the same info.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:14 pm

My Air is crap compared to SH... btw, it's best to stay with one thread so we can follow your story and help more easily.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 pm

There is no SleepyHead version that will work on a phone.
But you can get a special WiFi card ...see this link down at the very bottom for more information
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

MyAir pretty much shows the summary data that you can see on the machine's LCD screen. I may be sufficient for your needs but if you ever want detailed data or are having problems you will need to use the software to see any real details.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

scruffies

Post by scruffies » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:12 pm

First, thanks for the responses.

I do have MyAir loaded on my phone, but as Pugsy said it's just basically what is on the front of my machine so very basic info. So are you sleepyhead users taking the SD card out of your machine and downloading the data into your computers for SH to analyze? How often do you do that? I really like the detailed graphs it produces, but seems like handling the SD card on a very frequent basis risks problems.

I know that ResMed wirelessly stores data after each use, but not sure if that data is also accessible to third parties. I am guessing not, and that's why the only software solution seems to be SH via the SD card. Have I got that right?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:28 pm

scruffies wrote:All the charts and graphs look great, but I don't see myself dealing with the SD card every day.
Here is what I found. Once my CPAP therapy was optimized and stable, there was no need to download on a regular basis. Just a quick look at the display for leak level, AHI and hours used upon arising every morning is all I need.

If something on the night's display is troublesome, I can pull the card to look at detail in Sleepyhead. For me, this happens every six weeks or so.

If you have to go in the detail every day, your therapy is not optimized/stable or you like to fret over data.

scruffies

Post by scruffies » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks Granny! I also just discovered ResMed does offer "ResScan" software which I will look into.

scruffies

Post by scruffies » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:52 pm

OK... it's a learning process. ResScan is not available for patients. And, only basic data is downloaded via wi fi, hence the need to use the SD card that captures all of the data. So, Sleepyhead it is.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Haven't used it myself, but several others here do:

Okie bipap wrote:You can use Flash Air card in place of the SD card and use your in home wifi system to transfer data to your computer. I have them in both of our machines and transfer data to my desk top computer through my router. I have been using one card for over two years, and the second one for over nine months with no problems.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:29 pm

You could get ResScan if you really wanted it and knew where to look (send me a PM if you want more info on where to find ResScan) but it is Windows only software and won't show you as much as SleepyHead does and you still need to use the SD card for data download unless you get one of the special WiFi cards.
If you want to try doing the WiFi thing see the bottom of this page where it talks about data transfer.

https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ajack

Post by ajack » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:11 pm

There is the flashair wifi sd card will work. It replaces the standard sd card. There is a bit of setting up to do, apneaboard can help

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 pm

scruffies wrote:Thanks Granny! I also just discovered ResMed does offer "ResScan" software which I will look into.
Resscan is for masochists.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:57 am

I didn't recommend it, and I hope he doesn't come back and blame me. Could get nasty.

scruffies

Post by scruffies » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Like most everyone else, I have settled on sleepyhead as the software of choice. Won’t even bother with ResSan, so you can sleep well tonight granny. Lol.

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:10 pm

scruffies wrote:Won’t even bother with ResSan, so you can sleep well tonight granny. Lol.
Oh, I sleep well every night. Hope you do too as soon as your therapy is optimized.