Lower back pain & sleeping on the side

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
esel

Lower back pain & sleeping on the side

Post by esel » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:13 am

I use to sleep on my back... Since my life started in the hoseland I trained myself to sleep on the side. This success had a draw back with starting lower back pain on the right side just above the hip. It got worth and worth now over 1.5 years. The pain goes away after getting up and moving for a while. It just adds an other trouble to sleep. I tried different beads, mats, covers, floors, of those nothing worked. Anti inflammatory patch or cream do work so so but I hate using them.

Since 3 nights I try to keep a pillow between my legs sleeping on the side and this is helping me a lot... Hope it will last.

Has any one experienced this ? or any advice dealing with lower back pain sleeping on the side ?

Thanks

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...

Diamondminek

Re: Lower back pain & sleeping on the side

Post by Diamondminek » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:21 am

For side Sleeping, a pillow of some sort between the legs is probably the best answer. To be fair sleeping on your back should normally have a pillow under your knees too.
Why did you stop sleeping on your back? Although wind is often better sleeping on your side, and your settings might need tweeted if it makes your apnoea worse, if it is comfy for you bit might be worth trouble shooting some more?
General back care like proper exercise In the gym or a Pilates type routine, regular activity will be very beneficial in the long term too, stronger muscles around your core and back will add some support too.

esel

Re: Lower back pain & sleeping on the side

Post by esel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:46 am

Thanks, will look into.
Diamondminek wrote: Why did you stop sleeping on your back?
Almost all my apopnea in my sleep study AHI 39 are when sleeping on my back.

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...