Where do you put your machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Re: Where do you put your machine?

Post by Goofproof » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:08 am

I have a night table full of my needed nightly supplies, my XPAP lives on top, next to my De-Fib monitor, and my nest of remotes. The main thing is to keep my machine off the floor and within six feet of my head, anything else I can work around. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

PaulKTF

Post by PaulKTF » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 pm

My machine is on a table and is slightly higher than the bed. You would think this would cause rainout but it doesn't as long as I keep the humidity level at about 5 or 6.

-Paul.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Having the machine higher than the bed doesn't cause rain out.
Having the machine lower than the bed can sometimes help the annoyance of rain out by allowing the water to drain back into the humidifier using gravity to help but it doesn't always help.
I found that out the hard way one night not long ago.
Increased the humidity setting but accidentally reduced the hose air temp setting and got copious amounts of water in the mask and hose.
Made an awful racket. Woke me up (and hubby) and I couldn't get the water to go out of the hose even when I held the hose totally vertical straight up in the air. Gravity doesn't get any more help than totally straight up and it still wasn't enough.
How the hose attaches to the humidifier will also affect things. With my AirSense machine there is a "bend" or elbow in that connection to the humidifier and it simply doesn't allow for good draining of any water in the hose.

The best thing for condensation in my book...preventing it from happening in the first place by some measure and not trying to fix it after it has happened.
Lots of options available for preventing condensation depending on equipment and personal preferences.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Allessio77

Post by Allessio77 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Mine is almost at head level...amongst all my nighttime devices.

FaethSilverwolf

Post by FaethSilverwolf » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:26 pm

I have mine on my nightstand which made me have to bring in a second nightstand for my normal nightstand stuff.

Additional Comments: My pressure are 18.0 cmH2O
"May the Day find you at peace, and leave you with hope."
taken from Voyager season 2 Episode 22
Blessed Be
FaethSilverwolf

scruffies

Post by scruffies » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:31 pm

jennmary wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:05 pm
None of the above. I bought a small shelf that attaches to the side rail of the bed. It was like $20 on amazon. Keeps it just slightly lower than my head, perfect size for my machine.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Wow! What a great idea, and thanks for the link!!

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Mine lives on my night stand with a copious amount of other knickknacks and odds and ends. Our bed is on risers so we could store stuff under it - because of that the night stand sits naturally under the level of the matrase. I found for noise issues that it helps to place your machine on top of a mouse pad. The old school style that is thicker made out of the dive suit material. This helps absorb some of the tiny micro vibrations that your machine makes when in use and will help keep that sound from resonating into your furniture which could make your XPAP sound louder.

My machine is quiet enough that I don't mind the odd air sounds coming from my night stand. Honestly the noise from the air leaving the mask vents is louder then the machine so I figured It wasn't worth trying to come up with some elaborate furniture design to hide or quiet my machine. Besides the home made hose cover I made, I don't care if my machine sits out were it can be seen.

Nothing against those who have purchased CPAP nightstands or who have designed cool setups on their own. I actually find stuff like that kind of cool, but I can be a chronic procrastinator when it comes to house projects so I've never taken the time to build the custom organizing headboard of my dreams with built in CPAP storage... Maybe one day.

Thankfully our cats don't bother the machine aside from the occasional playful bats at my mask when one of our cats is getting settled. She likes to sleep on my chest and sometimes will put her face into the exhaust of the mask and play-with it. She likes to sit with the exhaust blowing on her and I find her presence soothing so it all works out.

Good luck with finding a spot that works well for you. Think of it like another clock radio you have to incorporate into your life but just closer.

Rest well,

Gryphon

Omne

Post by Omne » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:47 am

Someone else already mentioned this but I use the Perdue CPAP nightstand. They sell them at Wayfair.com for about $50 less than Amazon including free shipping. I find they work great. I have a hose reel attached just above my pillow also.

freetimecreations

Post by freetimecreations » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 pm

On the hardwood floor and slid under the bed out of sight and out of the way. Can still reach the on off button and the room does not light up with the glow of the screen.

PaulKTF

Post by PaulKTF » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm

freetimecreations wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 pm
On the hardwood floor and slid under the bed out of sight and out of the way. Can still reach the on off button and the room does not light up with the glow of the screen.
What machine are you using? Don't they all turn off once you start using it? Mine does.

-Paul.

freetimecreations

Post by freetimecreations » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 pm

PaulKTF wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm
freetimecreations wrote:
What machine are you using? Don't they all turn off once you start using it? Mine does.
ResMed Airsense Autoset 10. Yes, it automatically turns off. My Airsense turns off faster than my S9.

PaulKTF

Post by PaulKTF » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:40 pm

freetimecreations wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 pm
PaulKTF wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm
freetimecreations wrote:
ResMed Airsense Autoset 10. Yes, it automatically turns off. My Airsense turns off faster than my S9.
Okay. You might want to add it to your profile.

-Paul.