Best CPAP cleaning machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
32blownhemi

Best CPAP cleaning machine?

Post by 32blownhemi » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi Everyone! What's the best CPAP cleaning machine to get? I know it's easy to clean without one but I'm lazy... Thanks! Bill

MrsRinPDX

Re: Best CPAP cleaning machine?

Post by MrsRinPDX » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Oh man, watch out! You're about to open a can of worms here. Search SoClean and watch the crap fly.

Actually, for cleaning, I'd recommend a CPAP wipe and a mild dish soap and water. For sterilizing, there is a lot of debate.

Additional Comments: Pressures: IPAP 18/ EPAP 14; Secondary mask - Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:40 pm

32blownhemi wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:23 pm
Hi Everyone! What's the best CPAP cleaning machine to get? I know it's easy to clean without one but I'm lazy... Thanks! Bill
No such thing. There are santizers out there but they don't clean your equipment.

Honestly washing the stuff isn't that hard or take that long. The pain comes from fact you have to do it early in day for everything to dry by night time.

I tried to convince myself to get soclean but couldn't do it. Bought this instead.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/mvap-h ... dryer.html

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:44 pm

32blownhemi wrote:
The ones at the ends of your wrists........and then using some dish soap like Dawn.
Even the instructions for the "cleaning machines" state that you need to wash the parts BEFORE you use the machines.
Those machines are worthless and a waste of money. You can buy a lot of Dawn for $300.
Don't be suckered into shelling out your money for one.

search.php?keywords=soclean

Edit to add:
And, if you clean/wash your equipment in the evening before bedtime, you won't need to waste money on a "dryer" or trying to dry your equipment........which is totally dumb because you're going to put moisture right back into it.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:04 am

32blownhemi wrote:
the *only* effective cleaning machine is for you to not be so lazy... alternatively, you could throw your mask in the dishwasher.

Weekly cleaning of the mask and tank is really all that's needed anyway, with a quick wipe of the cushion each day.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:09 am

Wulfman... wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:44 pm
32blownhemi wrote:
And, if you clean/wash your equipment in the evening before bedtime, you won't need to waste money on a "dryer" or trying to dry your equipment........which is totally dumb because you're going to put moisture right back into it.

Den
You're logic is retarded. By your reasoning there is no need to even clean your equipment because your just going to get it dirty again.

I guess I can wash my equipment right before bed throw it on and everything will be great.... Oh wait isn't rainout a build up of moisture in your equipment???

Or are you suggesting running your machine without your equipment on to dry it out? Again what's the point if it's going to get wet again right?

Thanks for the "advice".... Not

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:30 am

USMCVet wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:09 am
. wrote:
32blownhemi wrote:

Den
You're logic is retarded. By your reasoning there is no need to even clean your equipment because your just going to get it dirty again.

I guess I can wash my equipment right before bed throw it on and everything will be great.... Oh wait isn't rainout a build up of moisture in your equipment???

Or are you suggesting running your machine without your equipment on to dry it out? Again what's the point if it's going to get wet again right?

Yeah, the only retarded one here... is YOU.

You run moisture laden air through a hose, it's going to get damp on the inside. So, yeah, wulfman is right.

Imagine that, someone with *years* of experience knowing something more than you do about the subject.

There's a huge difference between cleaning the crud off on a reasonably regular basis, vs letting it build up, and the futile process of drying something you're about to get damp, or wet immediately after.

If you're too clueless to see the difference... well, that's you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:36 am

LOL... Ok, next question; What's better a Ford or a Chevy? Honestly i had no idea they didn't work! I'll just have to use the good old fashion way. Wash by hand... I was wondering about the wipes though. I'll get some of those... And maybe a dryer... Thank You Everyone! Bill

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:02 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:30 am
USMCVet wrote:
. wrote:
32blownhemi wrote:

Den

Yeah, the only retarded one here... is YOU.

You run moisture laden air through a hose, it's going to get damp on the inside. So, yeah, wulfman is right.

Imagine that, someone with *years* of experience knowing something more than you do about the subject.

There's a huge difference between cleaning the crud off on a reasonably regular basis, vs letting it build up, and the futile process of drying something you're about to get damp, or wet immediately after.

If you're too clueless to see the difference... well, that's you.
You must be just as clueless! Taking his statement at face value would be the same as using equipment with "rain out". Hey you could like that but pretty sure most here try to avoid that.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:19 am

USMCVet wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:02 am
You must be just as clueless! Taking his statement at face value would be the same as using equipment with "rain out". Hey you could like that but pretty sure most here try to avoid that.
Yeah, well, your "expertise" in everything cpap has been well documented.

A few drops of water in the hose, should you be one of the dwindling few people that feel it necessary to wash the hose, will blow out in a few seconds. Perhaps you should TRY some things, instead of continuing with your faulty reasoning.

Drying the water chamber? HAH.

Drying the mask? really? they don't hold water very well, a quick swipe with a towel will get it dry enough.

But, hey, you're the *egg-spurt*, with your months of bumbling "egg-sperience".

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:22 am

32blownhemi wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:36 am
LOL... Ok, next question; What's better a Ford or a Chevy? Honestly i had no idea they didn't work! I'll just have to use the good old fashion way. Wash by hand... I was wondering about the wipes though. I'll get some of those... And maybe a dryer... Thank You Everyone! Bill
Based on sales numbers, Toyota... :lol:

I spent several years with a quick wipe of the cushion every night, just to get rid of facial oils, so the mask would seal better, I used a kleenix and a squirt of purell... not to "sanitize" but because the alcohol did a great job of cleaning the oil off the cushion. If you'd rather buy some specialized wipe, more power to you... many people just use a baby wipe.

Weekly, or whenever the mask looked even a little grody on the inside, I'd spend a few minutes with hot water and *dish* soap...

I never bother washing the hose... many don't.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:25 am

I'm not the one making definitive statements here lol. Your an asshole which is a definitive statement who tries to belittle people. It doesn't bother me I'm not crying about it , just stating the facts as I see them. I have years and years of experience seeing those people.

Who said anything about drying a water chamber but you?????

Please define a few drops of water if we are going to try and be accurate here? I could easily get hundreds if not thousands of drops of water out of a hose that was rinsed.

I'm sorry if my opinion doesn't match your opinion. What's that saying ? Opinions are like assholes and everyone has one? You sure have a lot lol

ETA: many don't clean any of there equipment, so maybe it's just a waste of time right?

ajack

Post by ajack » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:57 am

It takes all sorts to make a forum. Post count means nothing and nasty is for free.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:40 am

USMCVet wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:25 am
Your an asshole
USMCVet wrote:
You're logic is retarded
"You're", a contraction of "You are", ergo "You are logic is retarded"... nonsensical.

"Your"
belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
"what is your name?"
belonging to or associated with any person in general.
"the sight is enough to break your heart"
informal
used to denote someone or something that is familiar or typical of its kind.
"I'm just your average Joe"
used when addressing the holder of certain titles.
"Your Majesty"

Origin
Old English ēower, genitive of gē (see ye1), of Germanic origin; related to German eue

Your grammar is as good as your cpap knowledge.

Let's not even get into the actual differences in "there" "they're" and "their".

And, yes, sometimes I am an asshole, especially when some ignorant twit starts insulting people that have *FAR, FAR* more knowledge than they do, like when you called Wulfaman's comments "retarded"... but the thing is... asshole or not.

I'm not wrong.

lamar2217

Post by lamar2217 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:00 am

I continued to be amazed by the lack of civility and the childish behavior shown on this forum by some of the participants. Some of you folks should find another playroom.