So...can't wait till Friday

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Barb (Seattle)

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:07 am

thank you :) I'm pretty happpy they decided to do that.

so....I don't feel good...my chest hurts, and I'm fighting a cold. is that why my numbers have gone to heck? my back hurts, my elbow hurts, and next week when I have my shoulder surgery THAT will hurt. I guess that all affects my numbers. I just feel very restless for some reason in bed lately.

USED to be on DreamStation..now on S9 VPAP ADAPT
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:09 am

Last edited by Barb (Seattle) on Wed May 09, 2018 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:10 am

thank you :) I'm pretty happpy they decided to do that.

so....I don't feel good...my chest hurts, and I'm fighting a cold. is that why my numbers have gone to heck? my back hurts, my elbow hurts, and next week when I have my shoulder surgery THAT will hurt. I guess that all affects my numbers. I just feel very restless for some reason in bed lately. AHI a little over 5. I feel good that none of them are centrals or obstructives though. the hypopneas are getting there though...

[/quote]
[/quote]
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed May 09, 2018 5:56 am

I believe F12 in Sleepyhead puts a snapshot in your data folder so you do not have your desktop showing. ;)

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 09, 2018 7:07 am

When we don't feel good for whatever reason it can be reflected in our "numbers" for various reasons and we just have to shrug our shoulders and move on.
I have been recently battling a nasty chest cold. Feel like crap...coughing my lungs up to the point my whole abdomen hurts like hell...sleep quality has been in the toilet.
Lots of weird flagged events showing up on my reports most of which are just sleep/wake/junk events and not real.
Some easy to spot and some not so easy but I just have to chalk it up to the upper respiratory thing and move on.

When we are ill.....don't watch the "numbers" because it will drive you crazy trying to second guess the "why".
And yes...the upcoming surgery will likely mess with sleep quality because the pain will mess with sleep.
Pain meds might also impact things but in your situation with the machine you are now using...if the pain meds suppress respiration a bit and cause a central who cares because the machine will breathe for you if you don't.
Besides...pain meds don't always cause a truckload of centrals. When I had my broken wrist surgery and was on some heavy duty pain meds at bedtime so I could even remotely sleep...I had maybe 1 to 2 more centrals than normal even when on heavy pain meds.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:05 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:56 am
I believe F12 in Sleepyhead puts a snapshot in your data folder so you do not have your desktop showing. ;)
lol I just did a screen shot this time lol I don't usually do that :oops:
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:07 am
When we don't feel good for whatever reason it can be reflected in our "numbers" for various reasons and we just have to shrug our shoulders and move on.
I have been recently battling a nasty chest cold. Feel like crap...coughing my lungs up to the point my whole abdomen hurts like hell...sleep quality has been in the toilet.
Lots of weird flagged events showing up on my reports most of which are just sleep/wake/junk events and not real.
Some easy to spot and some not so easy but I just have to chalk it up to the upper respiratory thing and move on.

When we are ill.....don't watch the "numbers" because it will drive you crazy trying to second guess the "why".
And yes...the upcoming surgery will likely mess with sleep quality because the pain will mess with sleep.
Pain meds might also impact things but in your situation with the machine you are now using...if the pain meds suppress respiration a bit and cause a central who cares because the machine will breathe for you if you don't.
Besides...pain meds don't always cause a truckload of centrals. When I had my broken wrist surgery and was on some heavy duty pain meds at bedtime so I could even remotely sleep...I had maybe 1 to 2 more centrals than normal even when on heavy pain meds.
hope you're getting better pugsy. that's what i was wondering...the sleep/wake/junk.

i feel like crap think I'll go take more airborne, and go lay back down.....zzzzzzzz
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Barb (Seattle) wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:05 pm
prodigyplace wrote:
f12 on my laptop turns my wifi off and on .....

I have a print screen button but don't know how to use it...I usually just use the snipping tool ...I have windows 10 (yuk)
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 09, 2018 12:19 pm

I am on the mend but not yet back to full speed whatever that might be. :lol:
And yes....I did a lot of naps when in the full throes of whatever this bug is. I am still coughing but not nearly as much as I was.
Food still doesn't taste like I expect it to though and my nose wasn't even that involved this time. Mainly just the lungs this time.

Your laptop may or may not be like mine in that the print screen key may or may not get you that screen shot of things. For me I also have to use the the Fn key at the same time and then I can't always find where the screen shot went to.

As bad as Winblows 10 is...the snipping tool with it is actually the easiest way to get screen shots for me. The other options involve even more PITA work.
I just pick the devil that is the least amount of trouble for me and use him.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Barb (Seattle) wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 pm
Barb (Seattle) wrote:
prodigyplace wrote:

I have a print screen button but don't know how to use it...I usually just use the snipping tool ...I have windows 10 (yuk)
Depending on your laptop you may need to press Func and F12 when in sleepy head to get the auto screen shot

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:19 pm
I am on the mend but not yet back to full speed whatever that might be. :lol:
And yes....I did a lot of naps when in the full throes of whatever this bug is. I am still coughing but not nearly as much as I was.
Food still doesn't taste like I expect it to though and my nose wasn't even that involved this time. Mainly just the lungs this time.

Your laptop may or may not be like mine in that the print screen key may or may not get you that screen shot of things. For me I also have to use the the Fn key at the same time and then I can't always find where the screen shot went to.

As bad as Winblows 10 is...the snipping tool with it is actually the easiest way to get screen shots for me. The other options involve even more PITA work.
I just pick the devil that is the least amount of trouble for me and use him.
:lol: love the way you say stuff
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Jas_williams wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm
Barb (Seattle) wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 pm
Barb (Seattle) wrote:
prodigyplace wrote:

Depending on your laptop you may need to press Func and F12 when in sleepy head to get the auto screen shot

it worked...but I can't figure out how to get it here lol i just use imgur and link here :)
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 pm

easy peezy lemon squeezie lol

so.....anything jump out at anyone? are the hypopneas a sign I should change pressure at all?
yup. I was up earrrrrly and took a nap today :mrgreen:

21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 pm

I never change the settings when I have any sort of upper respiratory illness going on. No matter how ugly things might get.

I know the knee jerk reaction when we see a lot of stuff that we haven't been seeing is to go killing it with more pressure but if it is SWJ stuff more pressure isn't going to kill them anyway.

Always before changing anything you have to try to figure out if what you are trying to kill is actually something that can be killed with whatever you are wanting to change.

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed May 09, 2018 2:23 pm

gotcha.
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small