SoClean CPAP Cleaner

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: SoClean CPAP Cleaner

Post by palerider » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Poeia wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:01 pm
I don't like cleaning things. When I saw the ads for SoClean I was intrigued but I assumed there was a catch. Last month I saw my sleep physician (getting the paperwork for switching to Medicare completed). I said I was curious about a machine I saw on TV. She knew I was referring to the SoClean & said it's fine. I had read one review from someone who thought it had broken down the seals on his machine. She told me she thinks that happens when there is residual soap or other matter on the equipment. Her father has been using one for 3 years with no problems. The big negative is that no insurance company would pay for it. So I ordered it.

The good: It does keep the equipment clean. I don't use the humidifier in the summer because it's so easy for it to become a petri dish if it's not thoroughly washed & dried. In winter, when humidity is lower, it is easier to dry it but now I don't have to. After 5 weeks the reservoir and the water in it are still crystal clear.

The bad: The smell. It gets a little better over time but it gets nasty again when you start a new mask (even if you wash & rinse it very well first). It's some sort of residual but it isn't actually ozone. Ozone (O3) is harmful to breath but the SoClean finishes running that through the machine in 5 or 10 minutes. For the remainder of the 2 hours the filter removes the extra oxygen molecule, turning it back into air.

The awful: For about a week, I've thought my machine was beginning to die. There were times when it was making all the right sounds but, when I pulled the mask away from my nose, there was no "whoosh" of air. Last night I realized it wasn't my Dream Machine, it was the SoClean. Where the tubing enters the machine, it broke down the structure so that the coils were completely loose & the tube behind it was porous -- no actual holes but it definitely wasn't keeping the air in the hose.

I know Medicare won't pay for a new tube every 3-4 weeks. I've written to SoClean to see if they have a solution. In the meantime, if anyone here has one, please let me know.

Thanks. (My first post)
Yes, there's a solution, return it for a refund. Even though that's reportedly a huge pain in the arse.

Read this: https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-you-n ... in-4171650

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

lcristo

Post by lcristo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:42 am

I've had a chance to look at all of the posts re: the SoClean CPAP Cleaner in this forum and I'm surprised at the amount of negative reviews it has received from its members. I can only speak from my personal experience, but I've never had a problem with mine. I absolutely love it. I've had it for over 1 year and it has made my life so simple. Just like with everything and anything, there are pros and cons to it. Pros: 1) It makes the cleaning process very simple. 2) Don't have to disassemble and reassemble the hose and mask, etc.. 3) It does a thorough cleaning job. 4) never have had respiratory issues. 5) Simple to maintain - change the filter ever 6 mos. To me, that's worth it's weight in gold! Cons: 1) It's large and can't travel with it 2) produces ozone. To address this, I keep the SoClean in the bathroom furthest away from my bedroom and run it with the ventilation fan on with the door shut. 3) After cleaning, the mask does have a smell to it - I address this by, prior to putting the mask on, I turn the CPAP on and let air flow through it for a minute or so and it, for the most part, addresses that issue. 4) It is loud, but only for a few minutes. But since the door is closed in the bathroom, I don't even hear it. 5) It is a pricey piece of equipment. Not all experiences are negative. Mine has been very positive. It depends what you are looking for and what is important to you as a consumer. Nothing is ever perfect. You never get "Perfect", you only get "Better". I hope this info helps those who are thinking about purchasing a SoClean.

igotsuckeredtoo

Post by igotsuckeredtoo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:13 pm

18 days after stopping use of the so clean I am still having pretty heavy production of mucous from my lungs in the morning. I lowered the humidity setting 2 days ago. For the last few days things seem to calm down once I get some coffee in me. I think I am finally healing from whatever damage the residual ozone did me. I guess my lungs are sensitive.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:04 pm

lcristo wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:42 am
I've had a chance to look at all of the posts re: the SoClean CPAP Cleaner in this forum and I'm surprised at the amount of negative reviews it has received from its members. I can only speak from my personal experience, but I've never had a problem with mine.
All that needs to be said about it is in this article:
https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-you-n ... in-4171650
lcristo wrote:
I absolutely love it.
It's useless, no matter what you think, even on the slim chance you're not being paid to post this.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:11 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:04 pm
lcristo wrote:
I've had a chance to look at all of the posts re: the SoClean CPAP Cleaner in this forum and I'm surprised at the amount of negative reviews it has received from its members. I can only speak from my personal experience, but I've never had a problem with mine.
All that needs to be said about it is in this article:
https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-you-n ... in-4171650
lcristo wrote:
I absolutely love it.
It's useless, no matter what you think, even on the slim chance you're not being paid to post this.
Yes it may appear that way, we have many here that don't buy into every Scam out there and believe in passing on the True facts to those that read some of the marketing lies, and paid shills. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Lcristo: ONE POST
Honesty is the best policy, but the pay totally sucks.

igotsuckeredtoo

Post by igotsuckeredtoo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:22 pm

I checked last Friday and the package had been delivered to SoClean 11-13-18. I checked today and I still had not gotten my refund. I contacted SoClean by phone and confirmed they had the return and informed the reseller. I relayed this info to the AG I filed the complaint with. I just checked paypal and I have received my refund. I hope he chokes on whatever interest he made off it delaying the refund.

Edit- Today 11-21-18, 21 days after stopping use of the so clean is the first day @ 3 and a half hours after waking I am not having to use something to clear my nose or coughing and trying to bring up hard mucous from my lungs since stopping use of the SoClean. I still had some mucous demanding to come out for a half hour after waking but now my sinus is clear and deep breaths do not cause the urge to try to get mucous out of my lungs to happen.
BTW the smell of ozone is deceptively pleasant, I recommend avoiding it.

igotsuckeredtoo

Post by igotsuckeredtoo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:44 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 pm
Lcristo: ONE POST
Honesty is the best policy, but the pay totally sucks.
Needs a like button :)