Ideas to put you at ease when you forget mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Redwing1

Ideas to put you at ease when you forget mask

Post by Redwing1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Hello all, first post because I didn’t know this forum existed but I plan on posting more in the future. Short term problem. I travel for work and I’ve been using my machine for 2 months now and results have been great. Unfortunately I am on a work trip and I left the tubing for my mask at home. My long term solution is to buy identical equipment to keep in my travel bag but for tonight and tomorrow does anyone have any ideas/suggestions to get through these nights better? I know I’ll be ok but stuff like sleep positions, maybe a breath right strip? I’m nervous I’m going to have a bad apnea in the middle of the night like before but there is nothing I can do about it until I get home
Thanks

Pugsy

Re: Ideas to put you at ease when you forget mask

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:49 pm

I did this very same thing a few years back but only it was the long hose that was forgotten.
Didn't realize it until 11 PM on a Friday night on a holiday weekend.
Got lucky and found one medical supply place of business open on a Saturday and happily paid $30 for a cheap generic hose that was $5 online and that included shipping.

Where are you located at right now?

Breathe right strips are just for the nose...they won't help the airway down around the tongue area where most obstructive apneas help.
Sleeping as upright as possible can help things sometimes for some people...not me though. I just had a crappy night's sleep.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Redwing1

Post by Redwing1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:52 pm

I’m in Los Angeles now, I’ll look tomorrow. I knew this would happen eventually it’s a learning experience. I know it won’t be the best night of sleep but I’ll get through it

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:02 pm

Check the local craigslist or facebook marketplace.

I don't know anyone in LA but maybe even a forum member here will see your note and be able to help.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Redwing1

Post by Redwing1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Thanks

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:52 am

Amazon has same day delivery in Phoenix they might in LA also.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:51 am

One spare mask is kept in my travel case.
Maybe time to get a spare climateline hose for there, too.

BrandonB

Post by BrandonB » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:49 pm
Sleeping as upright as possible can help things sometimes for some people
I recently had to go two weeks without a CPAP (not by choice, believe me!) and this was a suggestion from my DME when I asked for anything I could try to do until I was reunited with a CPAP. They recommended I get a couple extra pillows and build a wedge against a wall or headboard and sleep with an incline. Thankfully for me, it helped tremendously. I was sleeping on a pull out for most of this trip, so I used the couch's own cushions to help build it.
Life before my CPAP was really no life at all!

Pinhead

Post by Pinhead » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:55 am

Something else to try.

When I was working I traveled a lot and never forgot anything. But when I travel for fun I have forgotten my hose a couple of times.

The first time the Medical device store I stopped at who did not sell c pap supplies but went out of their way to help me. They checked those blue airway hoses that you often see in hospitals to help people with breathing issues and found it fit on my machine,then found me an elbow that fit between the hose and mask and I was on my way. They spent maybe 20 minutes working on it then charged me 1.24.

The next time I found a store nearby and I was able to get a replacement hose. However, after I got to the store going they weren't going to sell it to me because I didn't have a script with me.

Something I hear very early on, on this forum make a copy of your prescription and put in your bag.

Jack