First I've heard of it: Resmed N30i

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
realshelby

Re: First I've heard of it: Resmed N30i

Post by realshelby » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:01 pm

I have one ordered.....unless it gets canceled! Out of good ole Canada!

Just couldn't wait. This looks like it could be "the one"!
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

accrn

Post by accrn » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:08 pm

That looks like something I am going to have to try! I love the concept of the Dreamwear, but I sleep like a fish on a boat dock, I am absolutely everywhere due to low back pain and I dislodge them far too easily. I am currently using the P10, but the hose pulls it loose sometimes, also due to my nocturnal aerobics.

Thank you for the link!!!

Additional Comments: Alternate mask is Resmed P10 nasal pillows

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Well crap, that didn't work out well at all....

"
SleepSimple
Hi, thank you for your order but unfortunately we currently only ship in Canada, you will receive a full credit on your card, thanks again.

SS
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

djont57

Post by djont57 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Search Maple CPAP dot com. That's where I ordered mine from.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:49 pm

realshelby wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:17 pm
Well crap, that didn't work out well at all....

"
SleepSimple
Hi, thank you for your order but unfortunately we currently only ship in Canada, you will receive a full credit on your card, thanks again.
Yep....ResMed shipping restrictions...can't be out of the county of the place of business legal domain.
Cpap.com has same restrictions...can't ship anything name brand ResMed out of the US.

The places that do either don't have a contract directly with Resmed that they could lose...or buy from someone else so they are secondary market suppliers and thus they don't have a contract to risk getting pulled.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:58 pm

This one was about $122 US shipped. I was willing to pay that. There are others in Canada willing to ship to me, but cost is over $160 US with shipping. Since the most I have paid for a new mask so far, besides the beloved DME getting me when I started, is about $75 I have a mental limit that I would pay......
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:03 pm

realshelby wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:58 pm
This one was about $122 US shipped. I was willing to pay that. There are others in Canada willing to ship to me, but cost is over $160 US with shipping. Since the most I have paid for a new mask so far, besides the beloved DME getting me when I started, is about $75 I have a mental limit that I would pay......
Hold off if you can....let me see if I can weasel a demo out of my DME and you can have it if I can.
I will briefly put it on for grins but won't use it past 15 minutes or so just to say I tried it and give a review on it to the DME.
I can try to go next week to see them....sometimes they can get a freebie from the rep if I promise a review and I can do that with a quick put on and 10 minutes of use. :lol: :lol:

I have another reason to go see them anyway next week...
Can't go this week...had a little procedure done on my back today and my legs aren't working so good so not cleared for driving for a few days.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:36 am

I even tried bribing my contact at my DME....without success for a trial.

I have enough experience with similar masks as well as some popular nasal masks that I could and would give a subjective review. Then, even if I couldn't buy them in the US, I might be willing to pay what it takes to get one to keep. Or not. You just don't know until you use it several times.

You know I would get it back to you!
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am

realshelby wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:36 am
You know I would get it back to you!
Probably won't want it back. :lol: :lol: But if you hate it you can either send it back to me or just pass it along to someone else...
all this of course assuming I can get my grubby little paws on one.
Other than being just a little curious about it in general....I am 99.99999% sure that I won't want to switch to it personally.

Next week I will make an appt to go sweet talk my guy at the DME who has helped me get Demos of new masks in the past before they were officially released. A lot will depend on his ResMed rep and if they have any to give out.

I am actually holding out my really high hopes for the Bleep as being my game changer.
Still working on getting you guys/gals a review of it. Hopefully won't be much longer and prior to the official release date.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:35 am

I just read a post on the Apnea Board that the mask had been cleared for sale in the United SStates in select markets. Apparently this person wrote ResMed and this was his answer Apologies for my delay in responding – our office was closed last week due to the holiday. The AirFit N30i is cleared for sale in the United States and began with a controlled launch in November. Although we do not disclose our go-to-market strategy, you may be aware that ResMed will sometimes introduce a new product to select audiences to ensure that a wider distribution is done in a way that benefits as many PAP users as possible before releasing a full launch. We are very excited to provide this latest innovation in ResMed mask technology and look forward to broadening its global reach.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

DavidY

Post by DavidY » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:02 pm

Used the N30i for the first time last night. It worked quite well. Better than the Dreamwear cushions with the upsized large frame. Less noise with the N30i. Seemed to vent more than the Dreamwear....this could be improved, but it is not deal breaker....could be an issue for your partner however. The back strap of the headgear seemed to slip down as I had slept. The cheek strapped frame caused marks on my face. Putting on "additional" strap covers tonite. Had less leakage than Dreamwear.

My biggest difference was less noise with the N30i. The N30i will become a part of my mask rotation (Eson2 and Pico).

Dave

beet

Post by beet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am
Only 15% variation is needed to skirt infringement---from what I hear . . .
Surprisingly, a lot of advice on the internet is wrong.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:17 pm

beet wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am
Only 15% variation is needed to skirt infringement---from what I hear . . .
Surprisingly, a lot of advice on the internet is wrong.
Yeah, now all it takes is the cleverest/most ruthless legal team.

beet

Post by beet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:23 pm

I just did a quick search for Philips or Respironics patent applications that might cover the Dreamwear. Surprisingly, I could not find any. Interestingly, ResMed's US patent application publication US20080047560 describes many alternative designs, a few of which look somewhat similar to the Dreamwear. See Figs 2-10, 9-1 to 9-3 and 19.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20080047560

beet

Post by beet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:29 pm

There is no law against copying the functional features of a product. The law prohibits copying patented inventions, not products. A product is infringing if it falls within the scope of the "Claims" in the granted patent. The patent owner doesn’t even have to make or sell any products.

(There are different laws covering copying non-functional features that are matters of aesthetic design or brand identification.)