Resmed AirFit F30

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Becca59

Resmed AirFit F30

Post by Becca59 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:44 pm

1 week using the F30. I really like it. I will stick with it. I had to play around with strap adjustments for the first 3 days until I got it right & it stopped blowing air in my eyes. It's all about following the instructions included & getting the straps situated correctly, and of course having the correct cushion size. Great substitute for the Phillips dream wear full face mask. The only reason I had to give up my dreamwear mask is because the medium headgear was too large & loose, could not get it tight enough to stay on, so it slipped & leaked a lot. The small headgear was too small and didn't work either. I also think they need to redesign the cushion because the cushion nostril hole was too large and leaked, & I was using a small cushion. If Phillips decides to create a line ""for her" like Resmed did, with headgear that is sized between small & medium, and redesign the nostril hole, I may go back and try dreamwear again.
AuntDucky

recipefordisaster

Re: Resmed AirFit F30

Post by recipefordisaster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:33 am

Thanks to a lovely member here, I was able to try this. I figured I'd let my other half try it and then pass it on because I've tried a billion masks and still have only been able to use ONE. I don't like that in case of soreness (which I have lately), inability to keep getting parts if it gets discontinued... so when there's a promising new FFM, I always want to give it a try.

I was absolutely amazed to have a decent first night with this thing! Usually, I learn where the problems are, and try to make up fixes for the next night, trying more "band aids" each night until I give up. I leave my old mask within reach so I can switch back during but the night. This time, it arrived late day and I quickly made a very crude fleece liner for it. I think that was key.

My initial adjustments to the straps must have been pretty good guesses, because I didn't adjust them again. I felt the S cushion fit me very well... and I didn't know where the exhaust was until I read the manual! Wow, is that ever subtle! It doesn't hit the blanket and make a leaking sound, it's very nicely diffused and almost imperceptible. The whole mask is quiet as promised-I doubted it could compete with my Simplus, but it really does compare. Wow. And the Simplus, while very quiet, does have a jet of exhaust that tends to hit things and make me think there's a leak.

The magnetic latches are nice, there aren't any sore spots on my face so far, and tossing and turning didn't dislodge anything although I had it fairly loose. When I got up, it was still right where I put it. I sleep on my side and stomach so that can be tough on a mask.

I am so grateful to have a second type of mask I can use and I think this might be my #1. With Simplus, I get super itchy nose corners and have to apply peel off face mask material to shield those areas each night. Not so with F30-it's only happened with Simplus. I think it's an airflow tickle thing. I get some nose soreness despite all of my interventions, and now get some tooth soreness too. So, I've been fantasizing about being able to at least alternate with something else.

All I need now is a Pad a Cheek liner for this puppy... can't wait! My liner is barely cutting it. I am so thankful to this forum for all it has shared, both educational and material.

Becca59

Post by Becca59 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:28 pm

I nearly cried when I finally tried the F30. I lost count of how many masks I tried.. 6 I think. I still prefer dreamwear for the hose on top of head thing, but that's it. The dreamwear medium frame was too big & the small too small. The F30 is completely adjustable so just about everyone will have luck finding the right fit. It can leak if not adjusted right, but that is true for ALL masks. I find that with the F30, the best fit is something looser than I am used to with other masks. It will take time to find the "sweet spot", but don't give up, because once you have it adjusted right, you will sleep like a baby, and I am a side sleeper, flopper, spinner, etc.. According to my husband I am "all over the place" on nights when he arrives late to bed (he is a night owl). He often turns around and sleeps in the spare bedroom or recliner because I have hogged the whole queen size bed & all the covers. The only thing that "keeps" me on MY side of the bed is if my husband goes to bed first or we go to bed at the same time. So, as you can see, I have had a very hard time finding a mask that can keep up with my acrobatics. The dreamwear FF couldn't do that, but the F30 can.
AuntDucky

JayDee

Post by JayDee » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:14 pm

I switched from the Dreamwear FFM to the ResMed F30 and so far it's been great. The DW worked well as far as my apnea goes but it still had frequent small leaks, enough to aggravate me awake to fiddle with it during the night. But my primary complaint with the DW was the "jet blast" venting that blew air across a king size bed and was causing problems on the other side...

Having had previous experience with ResMed's diffused venting, as soon as I saw the F30, I wanted to try it. Glad I did. Vent problem solved! This may well be "The One" for me!

-JD
If you're not having a good time, *DO* something about it.

heyslick

Post by heyslick » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:34 pm

I am having good luck with the F30 as well. Not so much with the FFDreamwear mask.

recipefordisaster

Post by recipefordisaster » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 am

I should have mentioned that among the huge number of FFMs I have tried, the Dreamwear is one. I liked the idea but not the noise and leaks. The F30 cushion fits me so nicely.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 am

You all are making me curious about the F30...but the headgear is a total turn off for me. :lol: :lol:
So while I am curious...not enough curious to spend money on it or burn my once in 6 month insurance allowed new mask on it...and my co pay is close to $40 for a FFM.
Since I have never actually HAD to use a FFM I am not real motivated.
The Amara View...I could use it if I had to...but then the DreamWear FFM came out and I liked it better the the Amara View...so I have a DreamWear FFM available in case I ever just HAVE to use one but geezz...in 9 years I have never actually had a situation where a FFM was the best option.
The only time I have ever used a FFM was just to try one to see if I could even sleep with it should I ever actually need one.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:28 am

I couldn't get the F-30 adjusted to stop the leaks but i probably could have lived with that they were not huge. Maybe a mask liner. The biggest turn off for me was those bottom straps just pulled wrong on my jaw. I had jaw surgery years ago and have pins in my jaw. The way it fit on my face just didn't work. It was much quieter than the dreamwear and I liked it better but it was never going to work. The N-20 headgear reminds me of the braces headgear I wore as a kid and I am able to move my pillow around it at night without waking myself up. I've started having dreams again. I feel like I am getting into REM and staying there for a little bit.

Becca59

Post by Becca59 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Pugsy, I agree, why buy a FF mask if you don't have to? I loved the Dreamwear nasal pillow mask. Even though the medium frame was a tad too big, it worked better than the original cushion. I would have stuck with Dreamwear nasal pillow if I could get chin straps to work. I tried EVERY chin strap on the market, some insurance helped pay for, but some I bought out of pocket. I could never get the chin strap tight enough to do the job, and they were uncomfortable if too tight, and they popped off my face in the middle of the night. I move around too much for chin straps to work. I was upset I had to move to full face, but I'm glad I tried the F30. The F30 small cushion does not leak like the dreamwear small FF cushion did. 'For those of you who are happy with nasal masks, I would stick with nasal masks. The less mask on your face the better. The F30 is almost like using a nasal mask for me with it's own built in chin strap.
AuntDucky

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Becca59 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
Pugsy, I agree, why buy a FF mask if you don't have to? I loved the Dreamwear nasal pillow mask. Even though the medium frame was a tad too big, it worked better than the original cushion. I would have stuck with Dreamwear nasal pillow if I could get chin straps to work. I tried EVERY chin strap on the market, some insurance helped pay for, but some I bought out of pocket. I could never get the chin strap tight enough to do the job, and they were uncomfortable if too tight, and they popped off my face in the middle of the night. I move around too much for chin straps to work. I was upset I had to move to full face, but I'm glad I tried the F30. The F30 small cushion does not leak like the dreamwear small FF cushion did. 'For those of you who are happy with nasal masks, I would stick with nasal masks. The less mask on your face the better. The F30 is almost like using a nasal mask for me with it's own built in chin strap.
I have the frame. One of these days I want to try the nasal mask. I need to find a new dme first though.