OT: Repeating Pattern of Bullying & Locked Threads

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jnk...

Re: OT: Repeating Pattern of Locked-Threads

Post by jnk... » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:56 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 pm
jimbud wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:05 pm
jnk... wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:02 pm
I am jealous that one poster on this board is getting all this attention. Would someone please start a similar thread about me so I don't feel left out? Just figure out something about my behavior that you dislike then draw as much attention to it as you possibly can. All I ask is that it eventually get more hits than this thread. TIA.
No chance. You are too good of a MAN.
Assholes always get more attention. ( squeaking wheels-grease and such).
JPB
Jnk are you going to let him talk to you like that?
He's a good guy who means well, and I need all the constructive criticism I can get. So yeah. Thanks for having my back though.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm

jnk... wrote:
I am jealous that one poster on this board is getting all this attention. Would someone please start a similar thread about me so I don't feel left out? Just figure out something about my behavior that you dislike then draw as much attention to it as you possibly can. All I ask is that it eventually get more hits than this thread. TIA.
um, uh.....you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 pm

jnk... wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:56 pm
palerider wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 pm
jimbud wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:05 pm
jnk... wrote:
No chance. You are too good of a MAN.
Assholes always get more attention. ( squeaking wheels-grease and such).
JPB
Jnk are you going to let him talk to you like that?
He's a good guy who means well, and I need all the constructive criticism I can get. So yeah. Thanks for having my back though.
Your picture looks smoky. Buy a better camera. Oh wait, you said constructive. I've got nothing, nevermind. :D

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 pm

zonker wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm
jnk... wrote:
Although I truly appreciate the spirit in the attempt, I really had my heart set on getting my own thread.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:51 pm

jnk... wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 pm
zonker wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm
jnk... wrote:
Although I truly appreciate the spirit in the attempt, I really had my heart set on getting my own thread.
<snaps fingers> dammit!
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Midwest_non_sleeper wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 pm
Your picture looks smoky. Buy a better camera.
Nice observation. I'll pass it on to the drummer's wife who took the shot of us with her old iPad.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:18 pm

jnk... wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 pm
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 pm
Your picture looks smoky. Buy a better camera.
Nice observation. I'll pass it on to the drummer's wife who took the shot of us with her old iPad.
Was it actually smoky at the time? :D

I know you goth rockers like using a lot of hazers.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:01 pm

this thread has really gone off the rails it will surely get locked now :lol:
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Stom

Post by Stom » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:21 am

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:49 am
Since you're destined to keep this alive as much as possible, for whatever reason, allow me to expound on a couple of things.

1) He is extremely knowledgeable about the topic of CPAP.
2) He helps an enormous amount of people with factual information regarding their therapy.
3) He consistently corrects incorrect information, thereby allowing people to get GOOD treatment.
4) He is essentially saving people's lives...
None of those are valid reasons not to hold him to reasonable standards of decorum. Otherwise you are using the same excuse that has let so many executives and coaches get away with sexual harassment and abuse, the "Oh, they are too important to call out on their behavior" excuse.

Bullying shouldn't be allowed just because a person can be useful. It shouldn't be allowed by anyone. The claim of "He is essentially saving people's lives" is perhaps the most galling attempt to justify accepting bad behavior I've seen in defense of an internet bully, suggesting that surely someone "essentially saving people's lives" should be allowed to do anything they want to anybody, forever, without criticism. :-/

I've seen the forum hero drive new posters right out of the forum. His bullying has consequences that are at odds with your bullet point hagiography. People he drives away from the forum aren't helped in any way.
Official Foe™ on @Palerider's public list of foes. ;-)

Rules to live by: Be wary of anyone boasting their behavior is like that of a fictional sociopath.

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:33 am

This just keeps getting better. :lol:

How can I add a photo?

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:34 am

Chris8243 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:33 am
This just keeps getting better. :lol:

How can I add a photo?
at the bottom of your text box, there are two tabs, Options and Attachments. obviously, hit Attachments. you'll see Add files. hit that, then follow the instructions.
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:42 am

Thanks Zonker.

Just replace "Facebook" with "CPAP Talk', same idea.
Attachments
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG (42.25 KiB) Viewed 829 times

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:52 am

OK, I think this has gone on far enough.

Point's been made. People have had their say, it's time to move on.

I suggest the best way to close this out is to not talk about it anymore. Let's not even mention the alleged villain's name again.

Let's just chill and have a drink, I brought some beer.

palerider_lager.jpg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:55 am

Did some mention "hop"?

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Stom wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:21 am
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:49 am
Since you're destined to keep this alive as much as possible, for whatever reason, allow me to expound on a couple of things.

1) He is extremely knowledgeable about the topic of CPAP.
2) He helps an enormous amount of people with factual information regarding their therapy.
3) He consistently corrects incorrect information, thereby allowing people to get GOOD treatment.
4) He is essentially saving people's lives...
None of those are valid reasons not to hold him to reasonable standards of decorum. Otherwise you are using the same excuse that has let so many executives and coaches get away with sexual harassment and abuse, the "Oh, they are too important to call out on their behavior" excuse.

Bullying shouldn't be allowed just because a person can be useful. It shouldn't be allowed by anyone. The claim of "He is essentially saving people's lives" is perhaps the most galling attempt to justify accepting bad behavior I've seen in defense of an internet bully, suggesting that surely someone "essentially saving people's lives" should be allowed to do anything they want to anybody, forever, without criticism. :-/

I've seen the forum hero drive new posters right out of the forum. His bullying has consequences that are at odds with your bullet point hagiography. People he drives away from the forum aren't helped in any way.
I'm sorry, did you just move the goalposts by comparing internet "bullying" to outright sexual harassment in order to better try to prove your point?

That's a clever way to debate. If you want to debate the merits of someone being a bully versus someone that has thin skin, then do so on a level playing field, because you're trying to tip it in your personal direction.

Edit: Once again, if you don't like the behavior of someone else, use the functions provided by this forum and virtually every single other form of communication in an online environment that is designed and put in place for the very reason that you're talking about. At this point, it seems like people are deliberately not using those tools just so they can complain about something. I say hand the reigns of forum ownership to Knightsleeper, he seems keen to want to morally supervise it anyway. I'm done with the charades, off to greener pastures.