Sudden Leaking Problem

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Smargie

Sudden Leaking Problem

Post by Smargie » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:01 am

For the past 3 nights my mask has been leaking significantly. I can feel the air from the nose piece blowing onto my face. For the last 2 nights the pressure has started ramping up (to compensate, I think) and it wakes me up over and over. 3 days ago my husband let our dog into our bedroom where I had the mask laid out in pieces on the bed to dry after washing it. She took the nasal pillows to use as a chew toy, but I caught her fairly quickly and did not see any holes in it so I used it that night. I felt the leaking so I replaced the nasal pillow with a brand new one, but it's only become worse.

Here is my info from last night. :( My average AHI is less than 1.0. Any suggestions for what to try next?

Snip Leak.PNG
Snip Leak.PNG (197.08 KiB) Viewed 326 times

palerider

Re: Sudden Leaking Problem

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:31 am

Smargie wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:01 am
For the last 2 nights the pressure has started ramping up (to compensate, I think)
No, the pressure *never* increases because of leaks, the pressure increases because of snores, flow limitations, hypopneas and apneas *ONLY*.

In fact, if the leaks are bad enough, the auto machines will *reduce* pressure in an effort to get the mask to seal again.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Smargie

Post by Smargie » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:43 am

OK, I stand corrected about the increased pressure being caused by leaking.

I still need help understanding why these leaks started happening so suddenly despite replacing the nose piece and what can be done about it. I'm not able to sleep as it stands and this AHI is not normal for me.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Something has changed to cause you to need more ps to keep you breathing correctly. Have you a cold, changed any medication drunk more, sleeping on your back more or something else it does not look like a machine problem.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:22 pm

Mouth breathing

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:30 pm

Start replacing the other parts to your mask...hose...etc.
Maybe the dog got to something else and you didn't catch him at it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.