How to cheat cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: How to cheat cpap

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:39 am

Itrytofly wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:35 am
Hey guys I’m new here, I see all this judgement passes on this guy, and can’t believe all of you. I will say this, I was borderline when I was diagnosed for my cpap. I slept waaaayyyyu better before I got this thing. I am a light sleeper and the cpap wakes me up several times a night. I have to leave it off a couple nights a week just to get fully rested. I have talked to my doc and the DME company which are no help at all. So unless you have had the problems some of us have, you need to stop with the self righteous talk and get more info on the situation. I found this post with a search to help me keep my numbers up because I don’t tolerate the machine and have to have the useage to keep my job. I get less sleep now that I ever have in my life due to this machine that I am required to use.
Ah, I see you're a star graduate of the famous "How to make enemies and influence people to despise you. school, well done!

Back under your bridge, troll.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Mogy

Post by Mogy » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Itrytofly,
Here is a link to a video where some professionals talk about why half of us don't tolerate PAP very well and some possible solutions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syv7YcHbTCI&t=29m0s

Krakow, the 2nd of the 3 guys speaking is the most interesting, so if you get bored by the first, he starts talking at about the 25min mark.

Also, if you are borderline, tongue/throat exercises, regular exercise and weight management could probably bring your sleep apnea under the limit.
Using weight loss, general exercise, and tongue/throat exercises I managed to get my AHI down to approx 5.
Not using a machine currently.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:32 am

Hmmm, this thread is NOT locked?
In spite of the pleasant idea of one of these cheaters passing away from untreated apnea,
the PROBABILITY that they will harm others in the meantime, makes me SHUDDER!
If someone prefers to die than use cpap, we need to prevent thrm from driving.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:46 am

Mogy wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:29 am
Also, if you are borderline, tongue/throat exercises, regular exercise and weight management could probably bring your sleep apnea under the limit.
That's wishful thinking at best, murderous if Itrytofly is a budding pilot.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Itrytofly wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:35 am
Hey guys I’m new here, I see all this judgement passes on this guy, and can’t believe all of you.
you've read all of the other responses, so i'm unsure if you'll get to mine. you may not come back at all. that said-

welcome to the zoo! as julie has stated, please start your own thread with the information the experts here need to help you. we are each of us unique and our therapy individually won't be precisely the same. you will need to tweak the machine in order to get it to work for you. or you may try to pursue other things in conjunction with using your cpap machine.

it's not just a matter of strapping on the mask and suddenly everything is super great! a lot of sleep docs think that this is precisely the case. that's too bad. if docs would spend more time with each patient, they'd see that we aren't all the same.

so, i hope you come back to get some help.

the trucker who came in was trying to cheat the system for a quick and easy "solution" to his problem. i hope you don't want to do the same but rather want to get the help you need to make this work.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Stephaniedp3

Post by Stephaniedp3 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Not sure if this is a serious post but cheating the cpap just insures you will damage your heart and organs that are starved of oxygen. When I was diagnosed I cried, I was angry, because this is the first health condition I’ve ever had. My first couple days were the WORST. I literally injured my own face with welts and blisters from making my mask too tight. It’s now been 7 nights and the last couple have actually been fairly restful. Hopefully it gets even better.

That being said, boards like this are here to help everyone coexist with their pap therapy and make the most of it. It’s not an exact science. Different things will work for different people.

Also to address the concerns of Itrytofly, I know some of the replies are off putting and I’m not defending them but we have to remember that driving impaired (if OP is a trucker) is serious. If someone was asking of ways to trick a breathalyzer so they could drink and drive it would evoke a similar reaction.

People are angry because they care.

Laurad73

Post by Laurad73 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:42 am

Hello all. I’m new to this site and this isn’t the way I want to join a group however. I noticed there’s a lot of comments but nobody answered the question on how to beat a cpap machines. I’ve read many reasons on how this is wrong and illegal and dangerous but not the actual answer to the question. However I did see some stuff on YouTube that shows you how to hack the cpap machine. My situation is, I am starting my CPAP machine however I haven’t used it for a few months and afraid it’s going to be taken back. I know there’s nothing I can do about it now but I can understand why someone would ask that question. I do have one question however if I just turned it on and leave it running will it look like I’m using it? And yes I know all the reasons that’s not good but I am just curious about the answer. Thank you, And please do not be too hard on me, I’ve already seen the error of my way of by not using the machine and I’m trying to fix it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:15 am

We aren't going to tell anyone how to cheat cpap...just not going to happen here.

Thought I would clear that up so that there is no need for anyone to ask.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.