Do nasal pillows and I just need to break up?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TinyAwesome

Re: Do nasal pillows and I just need to break up?

Post by TinyAwesome » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:47 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:08 am
Did you click on the submit button after you filled out your equipment profile?
It's still not showing up and usually when that happens the submit button didn't get clicked on or it didn't stick.
I don't know why it's not showing up. It showed up when I went to my profile, so I just copy/pasted it in my signature.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:49 am

Please look carefully at the front of your machine where it says the model name,
Does it say AirStart 10 or AirSense 10....AutoSet???

If it says AirSense 10 AutoSet....that choice is down in the R section of the equipment menu.

There's a huge difference between the AirStart models and the Air Sense models when it comes to efficacy data (which you want).
The AirStart models only have very limited data available.....you don't want that model.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

TinyAwesome

Post by TinyAwesome » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:49 am
Please look carefully at the front of your machine where it says the model name,
Does it say AirStart 10 or AirSense 10....AutoSet???

If it says AirSense 10 AutoSet....that choice is down in the R section of the equipment menu.

There's a huge difference between the AirStart models and the Air Sense models when it comes to efficacy data (which you want).
The AirStart models only have very limited data available.....you don't want that model.
Oh my gosh, I'm going to blame this on my lack of sleep! Thank you for pointing that out.
Also, update: I contacted my CPAP vendor about potentially getting size M pillows as another commenter suggested, and they actually said that I have the wrong mask for my pressure (so why did they send it to me in the first place?!?!?! Oh well) and they're going to try me on the one that was recommended by the sleep study clinic (again, why didn't they send this to me in the first place?! Oh well), which is the ResMed Swift FX mask. We'll see how that goes!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:25 pm

So what is your pressure and why is the P10 not a suitable choice?
People use the P10 who are using as little as 5 cm pressure to over 20 cm pressure and all are doing quite well with it.

The Swift FX nasal pillow mask...pretty much the P10 with more adjustable headgear and the venting isn't silent.
It predates the P10...and I used it until the P10 was released. The P10 is really just an improved version of the Swift FX in terms of lightness of the headgear and silent venting.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:05 pm

FYI I have offered to send them a new (sealed) Medium P10 pillow.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

TinyAwesome

Post by TinyAwesome » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:50 am

Hi, all!

Update: so I contacted my CPAP vendor about my mask frustrations, and they said they never should have sent me the mask I was using as it wasn't suitable for my pressure level. So, they sent me the Swift FX mask with XS, S, and M pillows. I think I've pretty much settled on the M after going back and forth between the S and M, even though both kind of have a lack of air flow going on. I feel a little air, but not much. At a pressure setting of 12, is this normal? Also, I'm a stomach/side sleeper, and when I get a good seal, it's usually sitting or laying on my back before I roll over to get comfortable. As soon as I lay my head on the pillow, I get a leak from whichever side I'm laying on that I can't remedy no matter how much I fiddle with it. Last night I just figured to heck with it, and let it leak a little as I was tired. Any tips from other stomach/side sleepers?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:32 pm

TinyAwesome wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:50 am
. . .
wasn't suitable for my pressure level
. . .
Pressure level, my chubby green cloaca!
Mask appropriateness depends almost entirely on how it FITS YOUR FACE.
If the current DME is no help, you need to take your business elsewhere.
And let them know why.

TinyAwesome

Post by TinyAwesome » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:50 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:32 pm
TinyAwesome wrote:
And let them know why.
See, that's the thing. They just mailed the mask to me. No fitting. And in the sleep lab, which was not connected in any way to the DME vendor, they used one type of mask but recommended a completely different kind of mask (they used first a small face mask...I think they called it a half face mask? And then a nasal prong mask when the pressure of the seal on my cheeks hurt my face, and then recommended a nasal pillows mask that I never saw prior to receiving it in the mail). I have never been shown how to put on the mask, how to adjust the mask, or how the mask should fit properly, except through Googling YouTube videos.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:55 am

TinyAwesome wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:50 am
chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:32 pm
TinyAwesome wrote:
And let them know why.
See, that's the thing. They just mailed the mask to me. No fitting. And in the sleep lab, which was not connected in any way to the DME vendor, they used one type of mask but recommended a completely different kind of mask (they used first a small face mask...I think they called it a half face mask? And then a nasal prong mask when the pressure of the seal on my cheeks hurt my face, and then recommended a nasal pillows mask that I never saw prior to receiving it in the mail). I have never been shown how to put on the mask, how to adjust the mask, or how the mask should fit properly, except through Googling YouTube videos.
This is the WRONG way to do business.
DUMP THEM.

TinyAwesome

Post by TinyAwesome » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:06 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:55 am
This is the WRONG way to do business.
DUMP THEM.
Yeah, I think I have to. I'm just really nervous about this, as it took five months from the completion of my second sleep study (second because they couldn't get the titration settings to a consistently therapeutic level during the first, even at the highest pressure setting, so they had to do a second study with just the CPAP) to the receipt of my machine/mask, in large part due to the incompetence of my referring provider's office, and in some part due to the incompetence of the CPAP vendor (vendors, actually, because I stopped working with the first vendor after several weeks when the referring provider's office convinced me that they weren't screwing up on sending paperwork, it was the vendor's fault. It turned out that wasn't really true). I guess I'm just nervous changing vendors will have me going through that whole nightmare of a process all over again, but I'm not getting restful sleep now and I'll probably continue not getting restful sleep until this gets resolved so what have I got to lose?