Cpap hose Management..

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Trublue616

Cpap hose Management..

Post by Trublue616 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:08 am

Hello All!
I hope this topic was not covered already but I am curious what the best solution for hose management would be recommended? I believe I have to down to a CPAP pillow or a hose holder/pole. There is a price difference so I want to make the best purchase. Does either help with leaks as well? I have noticed mine has been creeping upwards. Not particularly bad, but I just want to stay in the good. Thank you all and stay safe😬

LSAT

Re: Cpap hose Management..

Post by LSAT » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:24 am

There is a search function at the top of the page...here are the results
search.php?keywords=hose+management

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:08 am

I use the Contour Cpap pillow. I'm on my second one. I also use the Hose Buddy. For ten years, I have said the Hose Buddy (hose management) was the best cpap investment I've made.... and I stick to that statement. I just set my daughter up on a cpap system, and I didn't realize how many "gadgets" we invest in.... not to mention the money we spend. Getting the hose outta the way at night can aid in cpap comfort. I have never heard anyone on this forum complain about getting their hose outta the way at night. Depending on the what type of headboard you have, you can devise a homemade system by routing your hose over the headboard. I purchase a ten foot cpap hose to aid in my routing.

Sheriff

sptrout

Post by sptrout » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:24 am

I use an IV pole which is very handy as it is on wheels so I move it, and the connected hose, from one side of my nightstand to the other each evening and morning. Not everyone has an IV pole just standing around though.....

Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 6-9
CPAP Reporting Software: OSCAR/Sleepyhead & SleepHQ

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:05 am

Like the Sheriff, I use a Hose Buddy and really like it. The short hose on your mask is nice and flexible, so routing it up should work well. Experiment to find the right amount of slack to give yourself between the stand and the mask -- enough so you can move around the way you tend to do at night, but not so much that the hose rubs against your face.

I tried a CPAP pillow and just didn't get anything out of it. A relatively flat and firm regular pillow seems to do just as well for me. You can always position your head close to the edge so the mask hangs off the edge, though I don't find that necessary myself. But this stuff is very much a matter of personal preference.

For travel, I use the Arden Innovations collapsible stand. Very lightweight, but does the job. I position it at the side of the bed, rather than the top, which is where my Hose Buddy sits at home.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Trublue616

Post by Trublue616 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:15 pm

Thank you all for the replies! I did use the “search” function and I could not believe how many topics there were related to my question. Thousands😳 I do appreciate this forum and all the great advice you all provide.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:23 pm

Here's a more targeted collection where hose management was discussed.

viewtopic.php?t=10640

It's a bit dated but the information stands just as good today as it did when first written.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Lifeisabeach

Post by Lifeisabeach » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 am

I now use something similar to Hose Buddy and it's pretty much indispensible. I used to simply use a robe hook on the wall to keep my hose routed upward, and that worked fine when I was using the ResMed Swift LT headgear system with the hose clipped to the top of the frame. But now that I use the Swift FX, the hose hangs downwards and is clumsy to manage. The Hose Buddy-type devices make a big difference here.

dreamingofdreaming

Post by dreamingofdreaming » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:23 pm

I have a pillow propped up above the one that I sleep on, my hose rests on that.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:33 pm

I have been using the same thing for about the last nine years.
A swivel plant hanger is screwed to the wall about 6' up and about 15" over from the bed.
A 4' section of fishing pole is duck taped to the arm of the plant hanger.
An assortment of elastic loops hang from the line guides. (It is a fishing pole)
A chain of loops form supports for my hose, which swings out of the way when not needed.
I cannot take this setup with me, so I take scrunchies, duck tape, and safety pins when I travel.
I have tried other devices, but I find them less useful than my ingenuity and random stuff.