Is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her Actually Different AT PRESENT from the standard A10? (DME SAYS NO)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MarylandCPAPer2

Is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her Actually Different AT PRESENT from the standard A10? (DME SAYS NO)

Post by MarylandCPAPer2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:56 pm

I have used the "For Her" model for five years. When i got it five years ago, there evidently was something different about the "For Her" model that made everyone want one.

I am getting a new A 10 for Her. Today, I spoke to a respiratory therapist who made an appt. for me to come to the office to pick up my new machine. I mentioned that it was supposed to be an Airsense 10 Autoset for Her. The respiratory therapist said they only stock "For Him" and that there is no difference between the "For Her" and "For Him" models at the present time. He said there may have been a difference "a long time ago," but not now. He said they would have to special order the "For Her" model if I insist. I insisted.

Does anybody actually know if there is a difference between the "For Her" and the standard A10 model at the present time? I don't need any more comments about DMEs and their lies. BTW, has anybody actually gotten a model marked "FOR HIM?" That comment, by itself, makes me think this respiratory therapist doesn't know what he is talking about and I hope my appt. to pick up the new machine is not with him.

Maryland CPAPer2 (Aka Maryland CPAPer)
Started CPAP 12/09. Currently use (since 2015) AirSense 10 AutoSet FOR HER.APAP Range: 11-20, AirFit P10 mask. Started home oxygen at 2L on 8/7/20.
Previously (2010 to 2015) APAP, Pressure 10-16. PR System One.. Was Maryland CPAPer 12/09 to 4/20.

Janknitz

Re: Is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her Actually Different AT PRESENT from the standard A10? (DME SAYS NO)

Post by Janknitz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:04 pm

As usual, the DME is lying to you. There IS a difference, and there is no such thing as a "For Him" model. Only a regular and a "For Her".

The "For Her" models have two algorithms. Some people do better with the "For Her" algorithm, but for most people it doesn't matter.

So the important question is which have you been using all this time? If you've been using the "For her" algorithm, then you definitely want a "For Her" model. If you haven't been using it, then you should be OK with the "For Him".
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her Actually Different AT PRESENT from the standard A10? (DME SAYS NO)

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Don't accept it!
Especially if you have been using the "for her" setting.
Your DME is a lying, cheating SCUMBAG.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:14 pm

MarylandCPAPer2 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:56 pm
I have used the "For Her" model for five years. When i got it five years ago, there evidently was something different about the "For Her" model that made everyone want one.

I am getting a new A 10 for Her. Today, I spoke to a respiratory therapist who made an appt. for me to come to the office to pick up my new machine. I mentioned that it was supposed to be an Airsense 10 Autoset for Her. The respiratory therapist said they only stock "For Him" and that there is no difference between the "For Her" and "For Him" models at the present time. He said there may have been a difference "a long time ago," but not now. He said they would have to special order the "For Her" model if I insist. I insisted.

Does anybody actually know if there is a difference between the "For Her" and the standard A10 model at the present time? I don't need any more comments about DMEs and their lies. BTW, has anybody actually gotten a model marked "FOR HIM?" That comment, by itself, makes me think this respiratory therapist doesn't know what he is talking about and I hope my appt. to pick up the new machine is not with him.

Maryland CPAPer2 (Aka Maryland CPAPer)
What is a "standard A10" in your eyes? because there are nine+ different "A10" machines.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Well...ResMed says there is a difference...the for Her model
https://www.resmed.com/ap/en/consumer/p ... r-her.html

and the regular AutoSet
https://www.resmed.com/ap/en/consumer/p ... toset.html

The main difference is the fact that the for Her model AutoSet has 3 modes of operation available
Cpap mode
the regular auto adjusting/apap mode
the special auto adjusting/apap mode with a totally different algorithm designed with women in mind

The regular AutoSet (there is no for Him model) has 2 modes of operation available
Cpap mode
the regular auto adjusting/apap mode

So there is most definitely a difference despite what your misinformed DME told you. Now does it matter...not if you don't need or use the special for her algorithm...and I have used it and it most definitely is different. I have used both modes and they are different.

When someone is starting out on cpap and we don't know what pressures they might need or what algorithm might be the best for a person to use we always tell people to get the most comprehensive machine they can because you never know if that special algorithm might end up being a deal breaker for someone or not (and it's not limited to women either...there's no reason in the world that a guy might not end up benefiting from it).

It's always better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it.
The for Her model is like 3 machines in 1....the regular AutoSet is like 2 machines in 1.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:18 pm

The damn DME might be trying to move a "cpap"---BRICK.
Oh, good grief!
Report that salesperson to his boss, AND Resmed.
Too many good people with no job for a bad person to have one.

MarylandCPAPer2

Post by MarylandCPAPer2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:22 pm

I have been using the "For Her" Model since July 2015. I don't know if I am using the "FOR HER" mode. How would I tell?

As an aside, I like the A 10 Autoset for Her machine and am happy with how it works. I just added home oxygen to it and after 3 days of CPAP w/oxygen use, I feel more awake now. I feel like I breathe much deeper with the O2 attached. I also want to use the CPAP 24 hours a day, now that it is connected to oxygen at 2 Liters. I have been having problems with breathing and shortness of breath lately and my oxygen saturation levels have been in the 80% range prior to home oxygen.

I am going to demand to see the "For Him" model of the A10 during my appt. with the DME. Instead of silver flowers, what distinguishing features would you expect to see on a "For Him"? Does the A10 FOR HER still have silver flowers on it?

My appt. is for Aug. 25. My A10 started displaying a message that it has exceeded normal motor life 2 months ago.

The DME said that people are having to wait "WEEKS" for Airsense 10 machines. I told him I had been waiting "MONTHS" and asked if I could just come pick up the machine, since I don't need a change in the settings and instruction on how to use the machine. I was then told they have to special order the "FOR HER" model. That was "after" the appt. was set for Aug. 25. The DME is making me feel like I have special ordered a custom airplane from Boeing that has to be manufactured from scratch.

Maryland CPAPer 2
Last edited by MarylandCPAPer2 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Started CPAP 12/09. Currently use (since 2015) AirSense 10 AutoSet FOR HER.APAP Range: 11-20, AirFit P10 mask. Started home oxygen at 2L on 8/7/20.
Previously (2010 to 2015) APAP, Pressure 10-16. PR System One.. Was Maryland CPAPer 12/09 to 4/20.

MarylandCPAPer2

Post by MarylandCPAPer2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:27 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:14 pm
MarylandCPAPer2 wrote:
What is a "standard A10" in your eyes? because there are nine+ different "A10" machines.
Airsense 10 Autoset.

Is the "For Her" tag added to other A10 machines besides this model? Sorry for not knowing all the versions of the A10 machine. Would you care to list the other 8 models, as I am sure I am not the only person here who does not know about the many models that may be known as an A10.

Which A10(s) are a brick?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:34 pm

MarylandCPAPer2 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:27 pm
Would you care to list the other 8 models, as I am sure I am not the only person here who does not know about the many models that may be known as an A10.
ResMed has them on their device product page
https://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare ... vices.html

The AirSense 10 CPAP model is a half assed brick. No detailed data at all. All you get is a generic AHI and leak number. No way to know when the events might have been flagged or even if they were central or obstructive in nature.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:36 pm

MarylandCPAPer2 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:22 pm
I don't know if I am using the "FOR HER" mode. How would I tell?
Clearly shown in the clinical setup menu or the software reports.
The manual explains how to get to the setup menu area.
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed ... %20her.pdf

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:37 pm

MarylandCPAPer2 wrote:
palerider wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:14 pm
MarylandCPAPer2 wrote:
Airsense 10 Autoset.
One of nine plus machines, and yes, the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset FOR HER is different from the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset... in more than just color.
MarylandCPAPer2 wrote:
Which A10(s) are a brick?
Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP.

There's a chart: wiki/index.php/CPAP_models

Reading is fundamental.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:41 pm

I believe that the for her model has a different color and is made for women and girls. Thats all I know about.
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013

khauser

Post by khauser » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:10 pm

tlohse wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:41 pm
I believe that the for her model has a different color and is made for women and girls. Thats all I know about.
While on the face of it true, it's more accurate to say it includes another algorithm that sometimes works better for both male and female users. It is "for her" because the new algorithm was initially designed for treating women, who may not have good treatment with their Susana algorithm. But men also sometimes benefit...

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 am

I like mine, especially in the for her mode. Nice.
It runs like a dream.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:46 pm

You can go into the clinical menu and tell whether you've been using the "For her" mode or not. Hopefully someone using it can tell you what to look for.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm