Just Found the Respironics Pico

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jerry69

Just Found the Respironics Pico

Post by Jerry69 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:16 pm

It's a nasal mask that's very small and light. It hardly leaks. My AHI has dropped to 0.39. I've been on CPAP 15 years and I was very active on this board when I first began. I started with the Swift. Many, including Rested Gal liked this mask, but I found it noisy. Couldn't stand it. I migrated to the Activa which worked fine until I began puffing. Then, I went to the Quattro FFM. Served me well for years, but it leaked. The Pad A Cheek liner helped a lot. It's been a trial for a lot of years. Now, I'm on the Pico. I tried the Dreamwear FFM and also the nasal. Not bad, but the Pico is much better for me. I use a chin strap with it. Has stopped the puffing. It is white because the blue ones stain the pillow case. I just wanted to contribute, again because this Board has been a great resource for me. Hi, to Wulfman.

Ave. AHI after therapy = 0.5
Ave. Snore Index = <10
Current pressure = 9 cm

Thumper1947

Re: Just Found the Respironics Pico

Post by Thumper1947 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:35 pm

Jerry,
I've used the Pico for about two years and like it a lot. It's light weight, comfortable and great for not leaking. I rotate it with the Dreamware Nasal which I like, but it gives me a sore spot under the nose. The Pico gives me no leaks, a low AHI, and a relatively good nights sleep, at least for me. You're right, it's an excellent choice.
Thumper
Mask: Dreamware FF
Machine: Resmed Autosense 10 APAP

willy737

Post by willy737 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:32 am

Thanks for that review! I’m still in search for the right nasal mask, only been on cpap for 3 months. Did you happen to try the wisp nasal? Any comparison? I’m using it now and generally happy with it. Only thing that’s aggravating is the vent. Wish more manufactures used diffusers like the p10

DavidY

Post by DavidY » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Pico is my secondary mask. Eson2 is my primary mask and is less noisy due to its fabric like diffuser on the exhaust vent. Pico's vent sometimes wakes me. Otherwise, they r quite similar.