better one? or better two?oscar chart comparisons

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: better one? or better two?oscar chart comparisons

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:27 pm

You know you might have already achieved 0.0 while asleep and the only thing flagged is arousal related.
I see that on my reports all the time.
I get a rather low AHI and when I go look at the actual flagged event I can see I wasn't asleep so it doesn't really count.
Sometimes I might have 3 events the entire night and all 3 were SWJ arousal related flags.

The example I gave above...that night I had 4 events total...and all 4 were arousal related.
Here's the 4th one.

If we are looking at my actual asleep flow rate...I had zero asleep events flagged the entire night.

My point...perhaps you are chasing something with machines or tweaks that you can't get. It's normal to have a few arousals or awakenings during the night like wake up briefly after REM.
SWJ2.JPG
SWJ2.JPG (133.74 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:03 pm

gore ram it, i keep meaning to come back to my own post, but other posts (and life) keep getting in me way! :lol:
Pugsy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:27 pm

My point...perhaps you are chasing something with machines or tweaks that you can't get. It's normal to have a few arousals or awakenings during the night like wake up briefly after REM.
maybe i am, though it really doesn't feel to me that i'm chasing anything. now, i may be JUSTIFYING something that has happened, just because it's happened to my benefit. i dunno.

i'm trying to look at this in a positive light. this is waht it seems like to me.

i have here in my bedroom two apap machines. it appears that both of them are "lying" to me. okay, i know they aren't lying, because that would imply sentience. but they do both seem to be misreading data.

the resmed will tell me i have events while i'm awake. i understand that this is part and parcel of it's design. it's doing that because that is how it was designed. to make it come out to a true ahi, i have to look at my graph every morning and subtract the events that aren't real.

the resperonics will NOT show events that i DO have. i have no idea how i can get around that to see what my real ahi is with that. or am i wildly misinterpreting here?

i feel good with both machines after i wake up. no multiple trips to the bathroom in the night. more energy than i had without either of the machines. no headaches. that last one is really important. the resmed will show an ahi every now and then of over 1 and that's connected, i feel, to the headaches i can have on wakeup. i haven't awakened with a headache with the resperonics.

i'm not saying that after years of promoting the resmed that i suddenly loath and despise it. to the contrary! this machine got me past my incidences of aerophagia. that .2 increment made the difference in that fight.

now i have a machine that, while it may be a complete misreading of the data, allows me to wake up feeling good and with a low ahi into the bargain.

i'm not chasing anything now because i've found it.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:22 pm

It's that "feeling good" part that sounds so right. Your treatment is obviously top-notch with both machines, but for subtle reasons you may never figure out, you feel better with one than the other. That counts!

Only slight related: this past month I've stopped taking out my SD card every morning to check what's going on. I do look at the data on the machine display when I wake up, but I'm paying less frequent attention to the more detailed information. I learned a lot from looking at the daily charts closely, but somehow I've recently realized I'm not learning anything new at this point about my own sleep. And the little bonus I didn't expect is that I'm a tiny bit more relaxed at night, not worrying how that sigh or throat-clearing will look in the morning.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Only slight related: this past month I've stopped taking out my SD card every morning to check what's going on. I do look at the data on the machine display when I wake up, but I'm paying less frequent attention to the more detailed information. I learned a lot from looking at the daily charts closely, but somehow I've recently realized I'm not learning anything new at this point about my own sleep. And the little bonus I didn't expect is that I'm a tiny bit more relaxed at night, not worrying how that sigh or throat-clearing will look in the morning.
yeah, you know, i'm wondering if that will happen to me now. there is a semi-regular forum member that says s/he keeps the routine of looking at the data everyday. s/he says that s/he wants to be on top of it if something happens.

but there has to be a point, i think, when i let it go.

happy is happy and why mess with that?
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

elsueno

Post by elsueno » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:57 am

x

Last edited by elsueno on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:45 pm

I'm that guy (different username now). I check it every day, as I posted a month or two ago... for years and years. Actually there's been a few times when I wait a day or two. I didn't hang out at this site until a few months ago, so I'm learning things and totally motivated to check things these days. It's possible I'll hit a saturation point, but I doubt it. Letting it go would be like not reading the news or drinking coffee in the morning. At least for now.

I used to check my card every day, as well as my pulse Ox data.
I can't remember the last time I used my oximeter and I download my date every month or 3 just so I don't lose it in case I need it some day.
Lately my Resmed Airsense 10 ASV has been showing me 6s and 10s on its screen in the mornings. It has caused me to look at the data again.
I see 2 or 3 UAs a week NO OAs, but lots of hypopneas. I never developed any skill at determining weather I was asleep or awake, either from the charts
or from memory, unless I remember a bathroom break which is always accompanied by a gap in the charts.

I have always slept on my left side, until a couple months ago when I developed pain in my left shoulder.
So I made a conscious effort to sleep on my right side. That seems to coincide with my AHI changing from almost always less than one
with zeros scattered in, to 6s and 10s being the norm. My should seems better so I went back to my left side and my AHI is now under 2.

How can I keep sleep on my left side, without messing up my shoulder again? :lol: :cry: :roll: :?: :idea:

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:11 pm

bwexler wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:45 pm
I'm that guy (different username now).
oh! had a feeling it was wulfman. perhaps he's stuck with it, too.
bwexler wrote:
Letting it go would be like not reading the news or drinking coffee in the morning. At least for now.
yup. part of my morning routine. i'm very much a creature of habit. but STARTING or STOPPING a routine is quite difficult for me. i didn't check it this morning. i may just establish a new routine of checking it once per week now.
bwexler wrote:
I never developed any skill at determining weather I was asleep or awake, either from the charts
or from memory, unless I remember a bathroom break which is always accompanied by a gap in the charts.
i could, i suppose, turn the unit off/on when i wake up in the night. but i don't i want to give myself one more thing that will make it harder to get back to sleep.
bwexler wrote:
I have always slept on my left side, until a couple months ago when I developed pain in my left shoulder.
have you considered sleeping on your stomach? i didn't start this until this past fall. never had done it before and it seems to have helped with muscle aches and even cut my obstructive events way down. only problem i have with this position is i haven't quite figured out where my hands should go. i wake myself up when one or the other "falls asleep" and gives me that pins and needles feeling.
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:36 pm

Pre CPAP I usually Slept on my stomach.
With a mask and hose, I find it difficult to sleep on my stomach.
I have been wondering about a chiropractor style "pillow" That would allow me to sleep face down with the mask in the opening.
I just can't figure out how to create a hole in my mattress.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:43 pm

bwexler wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:36 pm
Pre CPAP I usually Slept on my stomach.
With a mask and hose, I find it difficult to sleep on my stomach.
I have been wondering about a chiropractor style "pillow" That would allow me to sleep face down with the mask in the opening.
I just can't figure out how to create a hole in my mattress.
bear in mind that since this last forum software kerfuffle, equipment doesn't show up at the bottom of posts like it once did. i say that to say this-what mask are you using?

i use a p10. i either don't use a pillow at all or a very small and thin buckwheat type pillow.

i don't know is sleeping prone with a full face mask would work or not.
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

elsueno

Post by elsueno » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:48 pm

x

Last edited by elsueno on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:58 pm

I keep forgetting that equipment is now missing.

My daily mask is a Sleepweaver 3D cloth mask.
I have learned to position the hose, mask my head just right to avoid leaks.
However when I have attempted to sleep prone I can't get everything comfortably adjusted.

In response to ElSueno I copied part of his comment. Then I may have hijacked his thread.
Next The portion I copied was quoted and attributed to me.

I apologize to El Sueno for my lack of skill in proper attribution and inability to properly spell his name on my computer.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Zonker_change_my_mind.jpg
Zonker_change_my_mind.jpg (579.85 KiB) Viewed 798 times

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:17 pm
Zonker_change_my_mind.jpg