SleepWeaver cloth nasal mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Peacenana

SleepWeaver cloth nasal mask?

Post by Peacenana » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:03 pm

It feels like I've tried every mask out there. Those that don't leak and disrupt my sleep create awful pressure sores on my nose. My doctor suggested the SleepWeaver cloth mask and I ordered it yesterday. But I also remember talk here of a mask that has a memory foam liner. Does anyone have any experience with the SleepWeaver or the memory foam mask? The sore on the bridge of my nose is so sore now that I can't wear my eyeglasses. I have used mask liners made by Karen at pad-a-cheek on two separate masks and they didn't help. I have consulted with a dentist who makes cpap appliances for those who can't tolerate masks. I am out of options so may have to take that route to treat my apnea.
Thanks.

RogerSC

Re: SleepWeaver cloth nasal mask?

Post by RogerSC » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:19 pm

The mask that I used when I had a problem with my nose due to headgear was the TAP PAP. It's a nasal pillow mask that can be used with no headgear. The only contact with your face is the nasal pillows that go in your nostrils. It uses a boil-and-bite anchor to your upper teeth, so if they're in good shape you should be able to use this one...assuming that you're talking about the Sleepweaver nasal mask, not the full face one. The TAP PAP got me through a difficult period, and let my nose heal nicely. Not my favorite, but it did what I needed it to do.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:57 pm

You might like to read up on the Bleep mask system. There are no straps on your head or face, and there is no actual mask. I use and love it, as do quite a few others on this list, including Pugsy, our leader.

Best of luck!
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

Peacenana

Post by Peacenana » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:19 pm

I have heard of the Bleep system. How does it stay attached? The nasal cushion masks cause sores beneath my nose. Also can't take the gel cushion masks that insert into your nostrils.
How does the Bleep handle leaks? That's been a problem for me with some masks.
thanks.

dreamingofdreaming

Post by dreamingofdreaming » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:04 pm

I currently use the Airtouch N20, its a nasal mask with memory foam. It's light and feels nice on my face. It seals well. I use Remzzz liners to try to get the most use out of the foam, since you can't wash it.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:58 pm

The sleepweaver elan is the gentlest mask I have ever used.
I have also used the Advance.
Both are light as a tissue.
The airtouch memory foam does not even come close.
I had to turn off EPR in order to wear a cloth mask,
but I would wear it again if my DME were cooperative.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Memory foam STILL causes pressure. I found memory foam cushions to be the hardest to wear.

Have you tried the Dreamwear mask that goes under the nose with a wide slit? Nothing on top of the nose. It takes a little finesse to adjust, but it's a great mask.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Peacenana wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:19 pm
I have heard of the Bleep system. How does it stay attached? The nasal cushion masks cause sores beneath my nose. Also can't take the gel cushion masks that insert into your nostrils.
How does the Bleep handle leaks? That's been a problem for me with some masks.
thanks.
I, too, was going to suggest the Bleep. It attaches with adhesive around the nostrils. It does attach a bit beneath the nose but only slightly. I know that gentlemen with mustaches are able to easily use the Bleep by shaving just the tiniest bit below their nose to allow a place to attach the adhesive but still have their mustache. I have sensitive skin but have had no issues with the adhesive and I have used the Bleep since it was released just over 2 years ago. As far as leaks, if properly attached it is leak-free! I only have leaks when my mouth drops open, which does happen occasionally, but not enough to impact my therapy. I love my Bleep!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet