N20 Airtouch memory foam cushion-remove for cleaning

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JazzKat

N20 Airtouch memory foam cushion-remove for cleaning

Post by JazzKat » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:13 pm

I’m a newbie who is feeling pretty discouraged (and pretty stupid) in being unable to remove the N20 Airtouch memory foam cushion for cleaning. I’ve watched ResMed’s videos and read the printed instructions to no avail. Suggestions anyone?

dreamingofdreaming

Re: N20 Airtouch memory foam cushion-remove for cleaning

Post by dreamingofdreaming » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:17 pm

I don't really remove mine. I wipe the plastic part with a baby wipe. I use a clean liner every night to try and extend the life of the foam. When it's time to change you have to push the cushion on each side to remove it.

kurth83

Post by kurth83 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:41 pm

I had to read the instructions to do it.

Fingernail on the outer container, in the little notch there on the side, nail pressing on the cushion hard plastic, causes the two to separate slightly, and it pops out.

You did know that only brain surgeons and rocket scientists find CPAP easy right? :-)

JazzKat

Post by JazzKat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:33 pm

Thank you, kurth83. I read the instructions too, but yours did the job. Yes, I’m figuring out that only brain surgeons and rocket scientists find CPAP use easy. At-home sleep study, sleep lab study, mask leakage, swallowing air, trying out different masks, some tears, but that machine and I have finally settled our differences. I am sleeping better, and…I’ve earned a gold badge from myair. Oh my. Thanks again for your help.