Using OSCAR with 2nd CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Atom

Using OSCAR with 2nd CPAP

Post by Atom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:16 am

I purchased a second Airsense 10, so I could sleep or take naps in a different place (recliner). I'd like to collect some data from it and look at it with OSCAR. Should I take the chip out of the primary CPAP and put it in the second one, or get a second chip. How will OSCAR handle two different CPAP records? I could also load OSCAR on a different computer if that would help avoid confusion. I no longer look at the data from the primary CPAP using OSCAR.

Pugsy

Re: Using OSCAR with 2nd CPAP

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:32 am

Get a second SD card and keep it in the 2nd machine for naps or whatever.
ResMed machines don't like having data files from another machine on the SD card. If you try to just bring the old SD card to the second machine it will likely want to erase the SD card....plus it's a PITA to keep moving SD cards...you will forget most likely to move it back.

Now OSCAR won't care at all and will combine the data from 2 SD cards and 2 machines in one profile quite easily. No big deal.
At last count I have about 6 machines under one profile in OSCAR.
All it does is show a different machine under the "changes in settings/prescription" part of the Statistics main page.

Now you do need to be using OSCAR 1.2 version though....the first version had a bug where it would only load a set of data for one day...once...so if you ended up with 2 sessions in one 24 hour reporting period and you downloaded then it might not pick up the second session from the other machine. That bug was fixed in version 1.2.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Atom

Post by Atom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:42 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:32 am
Get a second SD card and keep it in the 2nd machine for naps or whatever.
ResMed machines don't like having data files from another machine on the SD card. If you try to just bring the old SD card to the second machine it will likely want to erase the SD card....plus it's a PITA to keep moving SD cards...you will forget most likely to move it back.

Now OSCAR won't care at all and will combine the data from 2 SD cards and 2 machines in one profile quite easily. No big deal.
At last count I have about 6 machines under one profile in OSCAR.
All it does is show a different machine under the "changes in settings/prescription" part of the Statistics main page.

Now you do need to be using OSCAR 1.2 version though....the first version had a bug where it would only load a set of data for one day...once...so if you ended up with 2 sessions in one 24 hour reporting period and you downloaded then it might not pick up the second session from the other machine. That bug was fixed in version 1.2.
Thanks Pugsy.

sptrout

Post by sptrout » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 am

Maybe not fully apples and oranges, but I have 4 identical Autosense Machines and I switch between them all occasionally. OSCAR, and Sleepyhead, have no problems with me switching devices with full data results being shown.

Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 6-9
CPAP Reporting Software: OSCAR/Sleepyhead & SleepHQ