Just started cpap.. can't stand it. Any advice?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Just started cpap.. can't stand it. Any advice?

Post by palerider » Sun May 09, 2021 11:53 am

Cpaptorneke wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:43 am
palerider wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:40 am
Cpaptorneke wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:37 am
Ok, I guess this website is toxic. I will get help elsewhere. I'm leaving. Thank you for helping me so far!
Your attitude so far is what's toxic, it will follow you wherever you go.

Change starts from within.
Well, I wasn't toxic at all until I saw the comment. Does it make you feel good when someone tells you to go take anxiety med when you are trying to adapt to use cpap machine? I was actually getting good help from this website. You guys might not remember how it was difficult for you to get to used to wearing cpap.
Why don't you respond to my request for information, instead of just fighting?

You're not going to suffocate on the machine, you just *think* you are, and that will make you anxious, so unless you help us help you, the only response is 'see your doctor'.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 09, 2021 12:01 pm

Cpaptorneke wrote:
You guys might not remember how it was difficult for you to get to used to wearing cpap.
Then again maybe we do remember and thus from past experience know that sometimes outside help from medical people is indeed indicated.

There's a time and a place for everything.

Here's how it goes...you ask for help or ask a question.
Then someone responds...up to you if you like what they say or think it's a load of bullshit but the proper thing to do is either ignore it and don't mention it or politely thank them for taking the time to offer ideas (which you are free to ignore) and move on.
You don't get to attack their IQ levels....not polite.
You don't get to get snotty with someone here on the forum who is simply trying to teach you forum etiquette so that you have a better chance of getting useful help here...not polite.
The forum is NOT toxic just because you get a fact of life forum etiquette education. Just means you aren't hearing what you want to hear and that's your problem and not ours.

I have actually been quite subdued in my responses and pointedly tried to not degrade or defame you in any way yet you choose to see ugliness instead of honesty and you have a problem.

Now I can do toxic and hateful and snarky and snotty if I choose to ....I just don't choose to at this time.

The truth is brutal sometimes but it is still the truth.

You were asked very specific questions by people who wanted to help you but yet you chose to get rude and snotty and not answer those questions.
Do you want help or do you just want an outlet and excuse for being a snotty nose kid whining about life in general?

Answer the frigging questions you were asked and lose the attitude...or move on....choice is yours.
This will eliminate people wasting their time trying to help someone who doesn't really want help and only wants to complain.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun May 09, 2021 12:15 pm

seems like i got my timing right on the foe list this time.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Sun May 09, 2021 12:20 pm

May I jump in here?

To OP - I believe Julie is right. Without seeing your data, any responses would be shots in the dark. "My" solution may not necessarily be "your" solution.

Let's all take a deep breath (no pun intended) and press the reset button. OP - please download OSCAR and post your data in the format desired. You will get helpful responses.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun May 09, 2021 2:07 pm

Previously, you claimed to having anxiety issues:
Cpaptorneke wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:24 am
Snoring, fatigue, and anxiety.

Then you get all upset because someone suggests anxiety treatment:
Cpaptorneke wrote:
Well, I wasn't toxic at all until I saw the comment. Does it make you feel good when someone tells you to go take anxiety med when you are trying to adapt to use cpap machine?

Cpaptorneke wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:21 am
Ok! I will tell every cpap beginner to go take some anxiety medication! I don't need to be polite to someone who is rude to me.
No, but it would be perfectly fine to suggest anxiety treatment to CPAP beginners who are describing symptoms of anxiety, and admitted to having had anxiety.
Cpaptorneke wrote:
I'm leaving.
You still here?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun May 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:07 pm
Previously, you claimed to having anxiety issues:
Cpaptorneke wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:24 am
Snoring, fatigue, and anxiety.

Then you get all upset because someone suggests anxiety treatment:
Cpaptorneke wrote:
Well, I wasn't toxic at all until I saw the comment. Does it make you feel good when someone tells you to go take anxiety med when you are trying to adapt to use cpap machine?

Cpaptorneke wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:21 am
Ok! I will tell every cpap beginner to go take some anxiety medication! I don't need to be polite to someone who is rude to me.
No, but it would be perfectly fine to suggest anxiety treatment to CPAP beginners who are describing symptoms of anxiety, and admitted to having had anxiety.
Cpaptorneke wrote:
I'm leaving.
You still here?
There ought to be a Miranda warning on the forum: "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in later posts" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good catch "I'm having anxiety" "how DARE you suggest I should get treatment for anxiety!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Sun May 09, 2021 8:41 pm

I am a Airsense10 CPAP user myself and I have the airfit p10 pillow mask size M. I really like it it just takes time. no need for medications if the doctor says you don't need it. the nice thing about the airsense 10 is that theres a ramp up so it gives you a little time before it hits your pressure setting. my advice to you is keep trying the benefits are well worth it.
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:14 am
Past history posts if anyone is interested.

http://cpaptalk.com/search.php?author_id=97897&sr=posts
This speaks volumes.
There is no shame in needing a little chemistry to deal with stuff.
There will always be somebody who will take offence.
The chip on this guy's shoulder must be at least a 50 pounder.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 16, 2021 8:37 pm

But for the record, braces don't cause sleep apnea - only correct which way your teeth lean. But that may be your particular anatomical issue - narrow jaw leading to narrowed airway... not leading in the sense that anything got worse before or after getting braces, but that the line of your jaw may narrow more than others (without apnea). It's quite common.

arezius

Post by arezius » Mon May 17, 2021 1:00 am

Julie wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:37 pm
But for the record, braces don't cause sleep apnea - only correct which way your teeth lean. But that may be your particular anatomical issue - narrow jaw leading to narrowed airway... not leading in the sense that anything got worse before or after getting braces, but that the line of your jaw may narrow more than others (without apnea). It's quite common.
Jumping in.

The only problem with braces is the inability to wear an orthesis. It can also be uncomfortable with a full face mask if the pression between the braces and the cheek is too high.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon May 17, 2021 2:56 am

Sorry...But in this post, you said your symptoms were ...snoring, fatigue and anxiety
http://cpaptalk.com/search.php?author_id=97897&sr=posts