SoClean2

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tlohse

SoClean2

Post by tlohse » Sun May 09, 2021 8:32 pm

My Dad just bought me recently the SoClean2 Cpap cleaning system. I haven't used it or set it up yet but it connects to the cpap and uses ozone to sanitise your mask and hose. Im not sure how good they are but they are avertised often.
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013

Okie bipap

Re: SoClean2

Post by Okie bipap » Sun May 09, 2021 8:45 pm

Just because they are advertised does not make them safe to use. Ozone is hazardous to your health. ResMed has stated they will not repair any damage they think is caused by the use of ozone type cleaners under the terms of their warranty. It really cleans nothing. At most, it may kill a few germs, but these are your germs and soon as you put the equipment on again, you have just reintroduced your germs back onto the equipment. The FDA says not to use this type of equipment. See this post:
viewtopic/t181983/SoClean-and-Other-Ozo ... rning.html

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 09, 2021 9:14 pm

Tell your father to get his money back!

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 pm

Soap and water. That is what cleans. That machine will not get rid of snot or saliva that builds up.
Mask: bleep and F30i
Machine: Resmed S10 Autoset

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon May 10, 2021 12:07 am

ResMed has said that using ozone for sanitizing (as SoClean does) will void their warranty.

Philips issued a press release last week that describes foam degradation that may occur "under certain circumstances, influenced by factors including use of unapproved cleaning methods, such as ozone...." Here's a partial quote from hmenews.com
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Philips has determined from user reports and testing that there are possible risks to users related to the sound abatement foam used in certain of the company’s sleep and respiratory care devices.

“The risks include that the foam may degrade under certain circumstances, influenced by factors including use of unapproved cleaning methods, such as ozone, and certain environmental conditions involving high humidity and temperature,” the company stated in a regulatory update that was part of its first quarter highlights.

The majority of affected devices are in the first-generation DreamStation product family.
Philips press release is here: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/ ... src-update

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon May 10, 2021 5:55 am

ups4

Post by ups4 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:31 am

These devices are advertised often because it's easy to use scare tactics to sell products like this.

Tell your Dad to see if he can find any evidence or studies that show that the SoClean, or any other "cleaning" device, works as advertised.
There are hundreds of studies that prove these devices are nothing more than scams aimed at gullible germophobes.

Please try and return it and get your money back. :roll:

My get-up-and-go musta got up and went

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon May 10, 2021 12:40 pm

tlohse wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:32 pm
My Dad just bought me recently the SoClean2 Cpap cleaning system. I haven't used it or set it up yet but it connects to the cpap and uses ozone to sanitise your mask and hose. Im not sure how good they are but they are avertised often.
I'm sorry that your dad got suckered in by the scare tactics used by socrap.
Using that machine will not sanitize your machine, what it WILL do is void the warranty on your machine.

Send it back for a refund.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm

None of what is being said scares me. I am using my SoClean2 and I think SoClean would be in trouble if half of what is being said is true. Anyhow I do clean my stuff the other way too.
Thomas Lohse

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Mon May 10, 2021 8:36 pm

Resmed will not honor your warranty. That is their official statement. And it is a proven fact that ozone is dangerous to your health.

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Mon May 10, 2021 9:32 pm

Resmed Service Information
ResMed has recently raised concerns about the use of ozone devices with ResMed CPAP AirSense™ 10 devices, indicating that increased motor noise is the result of using ozone devices in conjunction with the ResMed AirSense™ 10. SoClean stands by its product and is so confident with its performance that we are issuing a warranty Policy to cover AirSense™ 10 devices—in response to claims of increased motor noise when used with a SoClean device—as long as the ResMed device is still within the two-year warranty period, plus one additional year (the “Policy Coverage Period”). The details of that Policy are below.

Simply put, we want to make it clear to our resellers and SoClean customers that using a SoClean device will result in no practical change to your two-year warranty on your AirSense™ 10. Effective May 1st, 2020, for ResMed AirSense™ 10 units, if a ResMed customer is no longer able to submit a warranty claim for increased noise due to use in conjunction with a SoClean device, SoClean will cover the costs of repair. Shop Now for a SoClean 2.

Just saw this on socleans website.
Thomas Lohse

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Mon May 10, 2021 9:39 pm

Are they going to cover your medical bills? SoClean is an unnecessary waste of time. And quite frankly your equipment doesn't even need to be cleaned very often.

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Tue May 11, 2021 12:22 am

tlohse wrote:
tlohse wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm
None of what is being said scares me. I am using my SoClean2 and I think SoClean would be in trouble if half of what is being said is true. Anyhow I do clean my stuff the other way too.
One day between these posts...

Credible and long time members give you good advice but you won't follow it.

If you're promoting them, you're tilling salted soil.

The more dedicated members of forum will keep discrediting the type of disinformation you have posted. As for me, your account is being added to the ignore list. Too bad, your past posts seem reasonably sane for the most part.

Please move on from the subject.

For crying aloud, there is a joke post on the company from April 1st.
jimbud wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:05 pm
How to throw a SoClean Party

A SoClean party is a must if you wish to become a successful SoClean manager who sells a lot of products. SoClean products used to lounge on dusty shelves in DMEs across the US till William Shatner, told the founder Earl SoClean, to pull them off the shelves and sell them exclusively on direct sales only.

It proved to be a big hit! Women (and men) love the idea of gathering around in a familiar surrounding with friends and family members, looking at products. At the same time, they socialize, have a pot luck party, learn a few new skills and also have fun. A SoClean party is not complete without some silly games as well. Winners get cheap worthless items, with SoClean trade marks on it, no less.

Here I will share with you some tips to throw a successful SoClean party, by location and also the items you need to have in hand.

Items you need for a SoClean Party

Here are the items you need,

A dozen or so bottles of booze.
A dozen of cpap items for attendance gifts
Maximum of five core products
Maximum of five limited release products
Order form
Pen
Items for fun party games: paper, pens, balloons, chopsticks, marbles, playing cards, etc.
Plenty of alcohol (I can not stress this enough)
All these should be easily packed in only ONE bulky bag or a box, no more.

Hey, what about the cutlery etc, for the food? Do not worry, this is the task for the hostess to do, and for her effort, she will be presented with cheap worthless SoClean gift sets, depending on the amount of sales that is sold on the day.

Things to do before throwing a SoClean Party

Sit with the hostess and ask the hostess to:

Set aside a room for the party (the living room or the garden patio is ideal)
Clean up the room and put enough furniture so that everyone can sit comfortably.
Inform her your target sale so that she can win the hostess specials.
Make a sucker list (friends and family are best) and call them or email them of the event, asking for RSVP
Make another call the day before, to confirm attendance

If you yourself is the hostess, then you do all the above yourself in advance. (fat chance)

Note: a SoClean party actually can be held anywhere, at the office during lunch break, at the park, even in a hotel room or a specially hired venue.

Steps in throwing a SoClean Party

Before the appointed hour, lay all things that you wish to promote on a table or a coffee table.
Arrange the items in an attractive manner
At the appointed hour, welcome the guests and make them comfortable. Mix them a good strong drink. To make it more personal, you can pin name tags on them so that you can call them by name later. Distribute lucky draw numbers at this time. Time for another strong drink.
Introduce yourself and thank the hostess.
This would be a good time to start getting them drunk.
To break the ice, start with a lucky draw first, this will make guests eager to anticipate the next thing.
Proceed by telling the good points (lie) of SoClean, its joke of a lifetime warranty, its features and benefits (Ha Ha). Item by item.
Play a silly game or two
Ask guests if they have any questions or query. Another drink.
Start taking orders and agree on a delivery date, with cash ready. One last drink.
Ask the guests if any of them wish to be a hostess next.

Activities to do in throwing a SoClean Party

After a while, a few silly games can be stale. So, to add variety, you can add in these few activities to spice up your SoClean party:
Distilled water vs tap water discussion: a very popular activity, anywhere.
Potted meat and chips party
Theme party, or a costume party
Special occasion party to celebrate Memorial Day, for example
Housewarming
A meeting to replace spare parts that are covered by warranty or to order new ones which got lost or damaged and not covered by SoClean's idea of a joke Lifetime Warranty.

april fool :|

JPB
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 11, 2021 6:54 am

tlohse wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm
They're not yet in trouble, because of gullible idiots like you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue May 11, 2021 11:08 am

GrumpyHere wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:22 am
tlohse wrote:
Im not sure how good they are but they are avertised often.

the money quote, so to speak. it says it all. and i am damned sick and tired of what seems to be a growing trend. people seem to feel in their hind brains that "they can't say it if it isn't true.".

43 years old and won't think for himself.

sorry grumpy, had to use your quote as he's on my foe list as well.

btw, i like that you call it the ignore list. much better name for it.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg