SoClean and Other Ozone Cleaners - FDA Warning

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: SoClean and Other Ozone Cleaners - FDA Warning

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 10, 2021 3:55 pm

How much do you suppose he gets paid for trolling/shilling?

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm

I Still don't see what the big deal is I am using my machine and the cleaner no matter what. I still use the other method as well. I think that the company that makes these products would be out of business if some of the this stuff was actually proven and you can't ways believe in what you read.
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013

ups4

Post by ups4 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:34 pm

tlohse wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm
I Still don't see what the big deal is I am using my machine and the cleaner no matter what. I still use the other method as well. I think that the company that makes these products would be out of business if some of the this stuff was actually proven and you can't ways believe in what you read.
So let me see if I’m clear on your stance here.

No matter what the FDA says or what scientific proof is supplied, you are just going to ignore it and continue to use something that could be potentially harmful AND does not work.

Does that pretty much tell the tale?

I’m gonna guess that you support Donald Trump…am I right? :wink:

My get-up-and-go musta got up and went

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Mon May 10, 2021 8:43 pm

First of all all devices can be harmful if not used properly. Second so far I've only seen a few things posted here about it. and third where is the actual hard evidence that what is being said is true???
Thomas Lohse

ups4

Post by ups4 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:07 pm

tlohse wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:43 pm
and third where is the actual hard evidence that what is being said is true???
I have at least a half dozen or so studies and information from professionals backing up the fact that these cleaning devices clean nothing and have little to no sanitizing effect either.

I’m not sure it would be worth the effort to post them for you. It seems like nothing logical could change your mind. But if you’re really interested, I’m sure there’s plenty of others here that will add their data as well.

My get-up-and-go musta got up and went

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Mon May 10, 2021 9:37 pm

Resmed Service Information
ResMed has recently raised concerns about the use of ozone devices with ResMed CPAP AirSense™ 10 devices, indicating that increased motor noise is the result of using ozone devices in conjunction with the ResMed AirSense™ 10. SoClean stands by its product and is so confident with its performance that we are issuing a warranty Policy to cover AirSense™ 10 devices—in response to claims of increased motor noise when used with a SoClean device—as long as the ResMed device is still within the two-year warranty period, plus one additional year (the “Policy Coverage Period”). The details of that Policy are below.

Simply put, we want to make it clear to our resellers and SoClean customers that using a SoClean device will result in no practical change to your two-year warranty on your AirSense™ 10. Effective May 1st, 2020, for ResMed AirSense™ 10 units, if a ResMed customer is no longer able to submit a warranty claim for increased noise due to use in conjunction with a SoClean device, SoClean will cover the costs of repair. Shop Now for a SoClean 2.

how about this :)
Thomas Lohse

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Where will you be if the damage caused by ozone to the incompatible matetial presents after the warrenty period but well before the typical life of the machine?

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 10, 2021 10:17 pm

Warranties are, as a rule, cleverly written to eliminate most legitimate claims.
Whatever the writers are paid--they should ask for more. Much more.
Regardless, their fate is sealed in the hereafter.
Do I smell burning sulphur?
I nominate trolls/spammers for similar punishment.

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 pm

ups4 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:34 pm
tlohse wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm
So let me see if I’m clear on your stance here.

No matter what the FDA says or what scientific proof is supplied, you are just going to ignore it and continue to use something that could be potentially harmful AND does not work.

Does that pretty much tell the tale?

I’m gonna guess that you support Donald Trump…am I right? :wink:
On the nose.
tlohse wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:09 pm
If Trump drop out that would mean a clinton in the whitehouse.
Most of his past posts look normal then this
tlohse wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:13 pm
Well as a member and a person with sleep apnea and a cpap I have a right to post what I think. As for this topic there is a lot of posts here that are not cpap or apnea related.
I will keep palerider's advice in mind when posting :D :D :D
palerider wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:45 pm
There ought to be a Miranda warning on the forum: "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in later posts" :lol: :lol: :lol:
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 11, 2021 6:50 am

tlohse wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:43 pm
First of all all devices can be harmful if not used properly. Second so far I've only seen a few things posted here about it. and third where is the actual hard evidence that what is being said is true???
1st so? 2nd So you haven't been reading anything but what you wanted to, 3) yes, there is.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 11, 2021 6:51 am

tlohse wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:37 pm
Resmed Service Information
ResMed has recently raised concerns about the use of ozone devices with ResMed CPAP AirSense™ 10 devices, indicating that increased motor noise is the result of using ozone devices in conjunction with the ResMed AirSense™ 10. SoClean stands by its product and is so confident with its performance that we are issuing a warranty Policy to cover AirSense™ 10 devices—in response to claims of increased motor noise when used with a SoClean device—as long as the ResMed device is still within the two-year warranty period, plus one additional year (the “Policy Coverage Period”). The details of that Policy are below.

Simply put, we want to make it clear to our resellers and SoClean customers that using a SoClean device will result in no practical change to your two-year warranty on your AirSense™ 10. Effective May 1st, 2020, for ResMed AirSense™ 10 units, if a ResMed customer is no longer able to submit a warranty claim for increased noise due to use in conjunction with a SoClean device, SoClean will cover the costs of repair. Shop Now for a SoClean 2.

how about this :)
Good luck getting them to repair your machine, you blithering idiot.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue May 11, 2021 7:02 am

tlohse wrote:
how about this
Wow! Marketing blurbs - you mistake for evidence.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 11, 2021 8:06 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:02 am
:lol: :lol:

I don't ever believe anything that someone selling the product and making money off the product might say. Talk about bias.
So the device sellers say they will help you out if THEY determine that their product caused a problem. Wow...I sure believe that...not.
People need to go to websites where people are complaining about the customer support for this device or how long it took them to get the refund when they decided they wanted to make use of the 30 day return thing or how hard it was to return it and the hurdles they were made to do to get the device returned. Just wait until we see the complaints from people with the guts of their blowers floating in the water try to get the machine replaced and the device makers decide they didn't cause the problem. It will be down the road when we see those complaints but they will come. Not to mention the potential lung damage thing which is a potential....good luck getting any help for that little complication.

There is surely a severe lack of common sense out there and not just in the people who want to believe all the marketing hype about the device in question. It's everywhere it seems and I am so tired of seeing it that I have decided not to expend my energy and banging my head against the wall arguing with people who have no common sense.

Come here one day asking what we thought about the product and the next day attacking us as being the crazy ones when we don't go telling someone how smart they are for using the product. Tells me they really didn't want our opinion so why am I going to waste my time giving it. :lol: My opinion...there are some things that can't be fixed and having "stupid" tattooed on the forehead is one of them (and I am not just talking about people who believe the ozone makers marketing crap) and I don't have the time or energy to beat my head against that wall again.

As to this particular device and those who believe the marketing hype....I figure it's their time, their money, their equipment and their lungs that they might screw up and if they refuse to consider evidence otherwise....so be it. They didn't really want my thoughts anyway. If someone doesn't want to hear my thoughts....don't waste my time asking questions where you don't want to hear the answers.

I can't fix "stupid" so I won't waste my time trying. I got better more important things to do with my time and energy.
BTW this attitude is also implemented on the people up the cpap DeNile river as well and the people who "can't" do anything because it is just too hard for them.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 11, 2021 8:17 am

Class action suit against these phoneys?

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue May 11, 2021 10:57 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:02 am
tlohse wrote:
how about this
USA! USA! USA!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg