Sleep Study Results are Back

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Neo2020

Sleep Study Results are Back

Post by Neo2020 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:26 am

Just got my sleep study results back. She said I have severe obstructive sleep apnea

AHI 43
REM 76
O2 SAT 86
HR 69

Have Aircurve 10 ASV I got second hand and was told this was for central apnea but I think it can be set for this. Have a nasal mask but think I will go full face as I’m a mouth breather .Hope I can get some feedback. Thanks
Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV spare with nasal mask and F&P Vitera full face mask

Pugsy

Re: Sleep Study Results are Back

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:50 am

The AirCurve 10 ASV can be used for both central and obstructive apnea.
It will take a little tweaking of the settings though if you are only wanting to deal with obstructive apnea.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Neo2020

Post by Neo2020 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:07 am

Might try and sell it on ebay and see if I can get a aircurve 10 vauto which is all I really needed in the first place but couldn’t get one. They have a Phillips auto on trial to hire for a month which might be a newer model

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:35 am

All you need to do is tweak the PS settings and you can make the ASV function like the VAuto.
I don't remember what settings are available in terms of minimum and max PS though.
Though it hurts nothing to let the machine just go ahead and deal with centrals (if you have any) because it won't do what it does for a central unless you have a central. Otherwise when it isn't dealing with centrals it just deals with obstructive stuff just like the VAuto.
I have used the older big brother to the AirCurve 10 ASV and I don't have a problem with centrals. I rather liked it myself.

You may not have an EBay listing stay up for the machine. The machine comes with a RX sticker and anything that requires a RX is prohibited from being sold on EBay. It will stay up until someone reports it and then EBay will likely pull the listing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Neo2020

Post by Neo2020 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:56 am

I’m in Australia and we need no prescription or laws from them selling on eBay. They’re trying to sell me a new Phillips machine(will find out model) and saying mine is for central’s. The Philips machine I like has the flex which is supposed to allow easier exhale but don’t know much about them . I’m not letting them sell me on that just because it might not be best for them financially. Will see how I go with it. Going to get a couple of full face masks to try as I had problems with the nasal pillows. May book into see an ENT that can help me further.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 am

The AirCurve 10 ASV is NOT just for central apneas.
It's for central apneas, obstructive apneas and mixed apneas.

Read some literature on it

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/healthcare ... ve-10-asv/

It actually has better exhale relief than what the Respironics Flex exhale relief offers.

Since you aren't in the US you aren't bound by the same restrictions for selling the machine in the open market. Good luck to you.
But....you could make it work because it really is an excellent machine.
It runs circles around the Respironics bilevel machines.

Neo2020

Post by Neo2020 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:55 am

Nice to know someone who’s used both machines. I’m sticking with the ASV for now unless I got a good price and picked up a vauto instead. I like the humidity on it as well. Have also got an O2 ring than can export to Oscar as well which will be great too.

Only other issue is I had trouble with the nasal,and will do a trial of a couple of full face. $240 for the month to trial a machine that’s below the capability of the asv. I’d rather spend it elsewhere. Will find out the settings for my 43 AHI tomorrow. Want me to see the doc first that referred me and all he is going to do is tell them to go ahead. I would like to see an ENT next. Funny the Australian system