Aircurve 10 ASV for Severe OSA startup

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: Aircurve 10 startout

Post by zonker » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:01 pm

Neo2020 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:39 pm
Don't think I need ASV but only got it cos guy didn't have Vauto. Have posted todays results https://imgur.com/t0SSeCP STill can't add attachment. Over the last 2 days, I have reduced snoring considerably, first time going from mouth breathing to nose and oximeter is staying av 96% . Certainly helping in this regard.
your images are too big to use the attachment feature.

use the insert image icon above the text box. click it. open imgur in new tab. click on your image. on the new screen, click the "copy" button in the "direct link" box.

come back to post. right click between the bracketed img text. paste your link there.

check via preview to see if your image shows up.

yeah, i KNOW! sounds like a lot but with practice you can do it.

or not. it's no trouble for people to go to imgur to see it.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Neo2020

Post by Neo2020 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:00 am

Made mistake by starting new thread so bringing everything and continuing on this thread. I had a call from my provider about discontinuing use of the Dreamstation 1 . Surprise surprise. I did go back over to the ASV last night and it just wanted to ram air in at times . Had Max epap and PS set at max so bringing it back down. Latest Sleep study results are below and then a couple of DS1 results. I had tried my ASV in March and should have kept going, but have got some settings and results to go by and tweak from here. An ASV seems like an overpriced vauto for severe OSA but got it at good price and prob have 1 of the best machine setups for apnea

Last edited by Neo2020 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV spare with nasal mask and F&P Vitera full face mask

Neo2020

Post by Neo2020 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:11 am

From the DS1 , it's saying my 95% is set at 12 .The final one I upped pressure to 8 and tried AFLEX on 2 but felt was too low and bought back to 1 . O2 ring went off back to 88% so turned AFLEX off. Also felt I couldn't breathe as well, same feeling when machine was set on 4. Reduced max pressure to 16.

So now bringing my settings across to the ASV but already got lucky in March pic posted below so can go by these . Would like to get a low comfortable exhale pressure and have thought about trying these settings for tonight min epap to 4 and min ps to 4 bringing 8 in total and setting max epap to 6 and max PS to 11 to total 17 . I had the full face on DS1 but might go back to the nasal with an elastic chin strap from the below results

Pugsy

Re: Aircurve 10 ASV for Severe OSA startup

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:53 am

95% pressures aren't a setting...all the 95% number means is your were at OR BELOW that number for 95% of the night.
It really has no bearing on the settings on either machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Neo2020

Post by Neo2020 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:40 am

I may of worded it incorrectly but nice to know what pressure it is. It’s interesting how some people can require double than other people. I’m not exactly small and expected it to be higher

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:57 am

Neo2020 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:40 am
I may of worded it incorrectly but nice to know what pressure it is. It’s interesting how some people can require double than other people. I’m not exactly small and expected it to be higher
Common misunderstanding that pressure needs are related to a person's physical size or even the severity of their OSA.
It is the patency of the airway tissues themselves that dictate pressure needs.
We might have a little skinny assed woman with a "mild" OSA diagnosis who needs 18 cm to hold the airway open and the next person a big burly guy 100 lbs overweight might only need 6 cm with a really "severe" OSA diagnosis.

I am not a huge female. Still wear a size 4 wedding ring...My OSA is mild in non REM sleep and severe in REM....
I will sometimes see pressures up around 15 when in probable REM. Rest of the time 8 cm does a good job holding the airway open.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Neo2020

Post by Neo2020 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Pugsy, I thought you were a guy in your 60s/70s lol . Anyhow , forgot to put my SD card in Thursday night. Got it Friday though and my lowest AHI yet. No snoring and my SPO2 min was 93%. I upped min ipap to 12 (min EPAP 8 + min PS 4) and humidity set to 5 and 27C. Seemed to work well, tank used just over half and throat good. Still had 3 seep sessions during the night and only 4.5hrs. Be nice to get full 6-7hrs and uninterrupted. Only some minor tweeking now and not far off

Last edited by Neo2020 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:06 pm

Neo2020 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:03 pm
Pugsy, I thought you were a guy in your 60s/70s lol .
60's?

yes.

guy?

no.

isn't it interesting what we imagine about folk online?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Neo2020

Post by Neo2020 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:10 am

Hi Zonker, You never know sometimes but not worried. I had to click share links on imgur and select copy BB code to get pics posted on here and working great .Couldn't get it working on chat options. Have imported SPO2 data into my OSCAR file and it show what happened when I took my mask off at 9.40 and went back to sleep normally. This a big encourager to keep on it and get used to it. The extra 3hrs could have been good refreshing REM sleep but still felt tired this afternoon. Have the data to show why