New to CPAP, first sleep report

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chuck7786

New to CPAP, first sleep report

Post by chuck7786 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:12 am

It's early days with this machine, adapted to it better than I thought I would, I thought the mask (P30i) or pressure would wake me up all the time.
But I generally don't feel refreshed after waking, but I know this could be a number of factors. Even though I don't sleep many hours since using CPAP I don't think the quality of sleep is good also.
I compare this to when I was not using CPAP and sleeping on my side (but it's impossible for me to consistently control my sleep position, I tried many years)

So from this report, I gather that I have a leak problem, as it seems to coincide with my events and snoring ?
My 95% pressure is usually around the 7 mark, should I put min pressure up?
Started using APAP 5/07/2021

Julie

Re: New to CPAP, first sleep report

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:25 am

Well, that looks like a pretty good picture, and not with a serious leak problem, but if you don't feel rested you do need to question things. Apart from raising min. pressure by 1-2 cms for a few nights to see if it helps, what else are you doing (or not) that might matter? Take any meds that could make sleep less good? General 'mental' health decent otherwise, or possibly need more looking into? If you think the leaks are actually waking you, you might want to think about a different mask or try 'liners' from Padacheek.com. Because just on the surface, the report doesn't look bad at all, but that doesn't help much, does it!

chuck7786

Post by chuck7786 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:04 am

I would be interested to see how I feel if I can control those leaks however small or irregular, as it looks like it was the reason for the events. I will add more min pressure and see how it goes, perhaps it would also make a better seal.

A good solution would be to sleep on my side and if I roll onto my back CPAP can mitigate the worse events. Thing is, I cannot sleep on my side with the P30i, the whole mask pushes upwards so the pillows pull on my nostrils sideways and causes discomfort.
If anyone has tips on how they manage to sleep on their side with this mask that would be welcomed :)
Started using APAP 5/07/2021

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:11 am

chuck7786 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:04 am
I would be interested to see how I feel if I can control those leaks however small or irregular, as it looks like it was the reason for the events. I will add more min pressure and see how it goes, perhaps it would also make a better seal.
The leaks were not responsible for the events.

They're absolutely minimal, if anything the events and resulting pressure increase were responsible for the the leaks.

Leaks are a problem if they wake you, or if they are in they are above the threshold where they interfere with the machines ability to detect events.

A bump in minimum pressure won't hurt, will likely flatten out the trace a bit, but I don't see a huge, pressing need for it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:17 am

95% pressure number means you were AT OR BELOW that number for 95% of the night. It is NOT where you spent 95% of the night. The or below part of the definition is really important to understand.

There is no urgent need to increase the pressure a bit but it won't hurt to try a little more.
I agree with DS...those events aren't from the leaks...not even close...and those leaks are minimal. Unless they are waking you up I would ignore them.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.