Loose Hose to Make Attachment

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gebo

Loose Hose to Make Attachment

Post by gebo » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:31 pm

Over time my CPAP slimline hose connector to my mask has gotten loose. Sometimes when I turn at time the mask hose pops out of the slimline hose. What do you use to tighten up this connection? I was thinking of using a few wraps of black electrical tape.
2 Timothy 2:15

LSAT

Re: Loose Hose to Make Attachment

Post by LSAT » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:06 pm

I haven't used that mask, but, like many masks, there is a quick connect attachment that goes between the hose and the mask. It is a small 1" plastic connector. If you are not using this connector, you have the mask assembled incorrectly. Watch this video.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... tion=click

gebo

Post by gebo » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:27 pm

I got it hooked together correctly. The part that is on the mask tube that inserts into the CPAP hose is sorta loose. I’ve seen YouTubes where they use silicone to seal it but that’s too messy for me.

gebo

Post by gebo » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:29 pm

That connector itself will pull out at night. The type of mask doesn’t make any difference.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:24 pm

Yeah, the inside of the rubber gets smooth after a while, especially if you pull the mask out of the hose a lot. Some people don't pull it out at all.

You can try some tape around the connector to make it fit tighter, but you'll probably end up replacing the hose eventually.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:29 pm

gebo wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:27 pm
I got it hooked together correctly. The part that is on the mask tube that inserts into the CPAP hose is sorta loose. I’ve seen YouTubes where they use silicone to seal it but that’s too messy for me.
You were not reading completely...There is a small white plastic connector that goes between the "mask tube" (as you call it), and the hose. It is pictured at 2:52 in the video I sent you.

I am assuming that you are using the Dreamwear Full Face Mask shown in your profile

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:39 pm

Some people have been able to the hose end tightly with electrical tape and extend the life of their hose.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

gebo

Post by gebo » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:48 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:29 pm
gebo wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:27 pm
You were not reading completely...There is a small white plastic connector that goes between the "mask tube" (as you call it), and the hose. It is pictured at 2:52 in the video I sent you.

I am assuming that you are using the Dreamwear Full Face Mask shown in your profile

That’s the exact part I’m talking about. You and I aren’t on the same page. LOL.

gebo

Post by gebo » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:53 pm

loggerhead12 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:24 pm
Yeah, the inside of the rubber gets smooth after a while, especially if you pull the mask out of the hose a lot. Some people don't pull it out at all.

You can try some tape around the connector to make it fit tighter, but you'll probably end up replacing the hose eventually.
I put 3 rounds of electrical tape around the white connector. It pushes in and is very snug. I just didn’t know if this was an issue where y’all had a better idea.

gebo

Post by gebo » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:58 pm

It’s the inside of the slimline that has gotten slicker or larger. I usually got 2-4 trips the the potty at night. I’ve just been unhooking at this connector to go to the potty. My resmed mask just clips out and the white connector stays in the tube. With my Dreamwear, I end up pulling the entire connector out. White part as well.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:49 pm

The hose can be replaced whenever you are ready.
In the meanwhile, do what's needed to limp along.
DMEs are not open on the weekend.
Or you could get one online--(cpap.com, Amazon, etc.)

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:34 am

gebo wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:31 pm
Over time my CPAP slimline hose connector to my mask has gotten loose. Sometimes when I turn at time the mask hose pops out of the slimline hose. What do you use to tighten up this connection? I was thinking of using a few wraps of black electrical tape.
How old is this hose? Why not just replace it?

Silicone and tape? Not for me. I replace my hose once or twice a year, after insurance the price is negligible. Tape could get you by in a pinch, till a new hose arrived. I wouldn't ever think of applying silicone to anything that I breathe through.

YMMV
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:57 pm

gebo wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:31 pm
Wrap a rubber band around the outside of the large hose connector, I've also tied a few loops of string on there.

The flexible hose ends often loosen over time, and you can either throw out the hose, or just give them a little more grip. I prefer the 'little more grip' method.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.